Boycott Hudders

We haven't had a Category A game all season! :lol:

£23 is a ridiculous amount of money to pay for a football match, but sadly that's the way football is as the high wages filter down from the Greedy League.

Can anyone tell me if Town offer away fans a student rate, as I haven't come across a club that do so far this season?

yes they do, along with Plymouth, Wednesday, Notts County i.e any club with a University in the town

Edited by Tommy_Fent

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes they do, along with Plymouth, Wednesday, Notts County i.e any club with a University in the town

Just checked my Notts ticket and you're right, that's the only student ticket I've managed to get this season though. Wednesday charged me full price, Leeds charged me full price.

I'm at Uni in Manchester, and have had a couple of flyers from City offering cheap tickets for UEFA Cup matches/televised Premier League games, but clubs only seem to do it for odd matches in the home ends, rather than offering a concession for students across the board. That said, I haven't chosen not to go to an away match because I've had to pay full whack, so maybe they've done their homework.

Just checked my Notts ticket and you're right, that's the only student ticket I've managed to get this season though. Wednesday charged me full price, Leeds charged me full price.

I'm at Uni in Manchester, and have had a couple of flyers from City offering cheap tickets for UEFA Cup matches/televised Premier League games, but clubs only seem to do it for odd matches in the home ends, rather than offering a concession for students across the board. That said, I haven't chosen not to go to an away match because I've had to pay full whack, so maybe they've done their homework.

Would you go watch Oldham at home if we did a student deal?

I'm in Sheffield, and we get offers all the time for matches at Bramhall Lane for £5 but that usually means putting them in the Upper Tier above the away fans, Wednesday and Rotherham are also in Sheffield but because BL is 10 minutes from the Main Campus it makes sense for them to bring the extra revenue in

Most clubs in our league now do intermediate tickets for 18-21 year olds which is no good for me as I'm a mature student doing an Engineering degree (5 years), I have missed matches in the past because I've had to pay full-whack but I think the real problem is that there are too many games down south this season

Would you go watch Oldham at home if we did a student deal?

Potentially for a big match, but not as a regular thing. Your club could do worse than trying it though, there's 70,000 students at Manchester and probably getting towards that at Man Met, if there are 150,000 students in Manchester, you have enough to market towards.

Yeah mate sounds good. Envy till half four, kebab, abuse some taxi drivers and then stumble into the Georgian?

Someone told me last year that on one particular windy weekend night the front door of The Georgian was locked, and there was a notice asking all customers to use the back entrance.

Just wondered if it was true?

:blush:

£23 is not a bad deal when you consider what we get for £20, and the difference in quality, the RRE might be decent but having never sat in there for a game I wouldn't know.

The Chaddy or main stand however, the £3 gets you proper access to a bar, a non-wooden seat, a reasonable amount of leg-room, decent toilet facilities- although knowing some of our fans it will soon stink of smoke.

Factor in that although we have season tickets it would be £40 for my Dad and I at Latics, its £28 for the pair at Hudds- its an absolute bargain.

Never begrudge a man his vices, Doctor.

Someone told me last year that on one particular windy weekend night the front door of The Georgian was locked, and there was a notice asking all customers to use the back entrance.

Just wondered if it was true?

:blush:

No it actually said 'Buy one hole, get one free...'

Never begrudge a man his vices, Doctor.

I don't, but like a lot of non-smokers I don't want to have to breathe polluted air when I go for a toilet break. If someone wants to smoke, then aside from reminding them of the dangers there's not much I can do and I'm not going to do that when at football.

However, I'm all in favour of an official smoking zone, so there isn't an unofficial one in the toilets. But one of these days those smoking in the toilets are going to get caught and I wonder if a cheeky cig is really worth it?

I don't, but like a lot of non-smokers I don't want to have to breathe polluted air when I go for a toilet break. If someone wants to smoke, then aside from reminding them of the dangers there's not much I can do and I'm not going to do that when at football.

However, I'm all in favour of an official smoking zone, so there isn't an unofficial one in the toilets. But one of these days those smoking in the toilets are going to get caught and I wonder if a cheeky cig is really worth it?

Maybe you could just hold your breath in the toilets?

we do have a student offer.

Sort of, we have a season ticket available for 16-19 year olds no matter their education status. Or we have a scheme with an official upper age limit of 21, not so good if you're doing anything more than 3 years- although the club have known to be slightly lax about this. Whereby if you pay £13 plus 2 photos, you can get in for £11.

This is no use to any student who only wants to see a game because they are at uni locally, like the Hudds fan who has popped on. I know why the club do it, but maybe its costing them money in the long run, yet going by a member of the boards idea of research I wouldn't trust the club to do the research properly.

Sort of, we have a season ticket available for 16-19 year olds no matter their education status. Or we have a scheme with an official upper age limit of 21, not so good if you're doing anything more than 3 years- although the club have known to be slightly lax about this. Whereby if you pay £13 plus 2 photos, you can get in for £11.

This is no use to any student who only wants to see a game because they are at uni locally, like the Hudds fan who has popped on. I know why the club do it, but maybe its costing them money in the long run, yet going by a member of the boards idea of research I wouldn't trust the club to do the research properly.

thats the one i was on about, is it not £9 if you pay before the game ?

You are saying Huddersfield is expensive,but no one has said the price on Latics coach is expensive. £15 for a child to go to Huddersfield. years ago I ran a coach and it was only £10 including lunch. A family of by coach will be £60 plus admittance to the match. A full coach will get£750.

You are saying Huddersfield is expensive,but no one has said the price on Latics coach is expensive. £15 for a child to go to Huddersfield. years ago I ran a coach and it was only £10 including lunch. A family of by coach will be £60 plus admittance to the match. A full coach will get£750.

:lol: WALSALL £20 IS EXPENSIVE !

hasn't petrol prices got something to do with it?

I for one wouldnt mind catergorised ( if thats how you spell it, still in work im tired ! ) as it would most probably get the attendance up for the less atrractive games.

CAT A = £22 Adults, £12 Kids

Sheff Wednesday

Huddersfield

Rochdale

Southampton

Charlton

CAT B = £18 Adults, £11 Kids

Plymouth

Carlilse

Tranmere

Notts County

CAT C = £15 Adults, £9 Kids