A Statement from OAFC Directors

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A minute ago you were spouting off about how you would have no problem with us going down there.

Jeez. This messageboard should be over 25s. :angry::lol:

I didn't say that.. i said i have no problem moving to a non-league ground..

EDIT : i said one season.. i've never been and didn't realise it was THAT bad. sorry :grin:

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

I didn't say that.. i said i have no problem moving to a non-league ground..

I apologise. You didn't quite say that.

As for moving to a non-league ground. FFS - wise up lad.

We've lost fans because we decided to knock a stand down - how many do you think we'll lose if we're faced with the humiliation of playing in a non-league ground out of town.

Edited by Yard Dog

I apologise. You didn't quite say that.

As for moving to a non-league ground. FFS - wise up lad.

We've lost fans because we decided to knock a stand down - how many do you think we'll lose if we're faced with the humiliation of playing in a non-league ground out of town.

Thinking about the best possible option (apart from BP)

-Rochdale seems a no-go

-Bury seems a no-go

-Regional Athletics is possible but from looking at the view, i'd very much doubt fans going to watch us there

Non-League stadium could be one of our only good options, i mean it is in no way perfect but its a football stadium.. Jesus christ its like some unsolvable situation.. Lets hope the directors can do better than me :)

People moaned about Failsworth not being in Oldham but some on here are happy playing at the athletics ground, stalybridge and curzon, umbeliveable!

Stalybridge is a S***hole, but has decent travel routes

Curzon is a good ground but has one road in and one road out of the ground, the traffic would be a nightmare and there's no boozers near the ground apart from the moss on the retail park.

Athletics park is miles away and I would assume that it wouldn't be cheap to rent.

BUT MOST OF ALL NONE OF THEM ARE IN OLDHAM, FAILSWORTH IS!

Nobody wants to leave BP but failsworth wasn't such idea after all was it?

People moaned about Failsworth not being in Oldham but some on here are happy playing at the athletics ground, stalybridge and curzon, umbeliveable!

Curzon is a good ground but has one road in and one road out of the ground, the traffic would be a nightmare and there's no boozers near the ground apart from the moss on the retail park.

Athletics park is miles away and I would assume that it wouldn't be cheap to rent.

BUT MOST OF ALL NONE OF THEM ARE IN OLDHAM, FAILSWORTH IS!

Nobody wants to leave BP but failsworth wasn't such idea after all was it?

Failsworth is still an option long-term if they can get the charity commision on-side.. and thats a very big IF!

Short-Term we've got to do whats best, finance probably being the most important reason and if that involves moving to a certain ground then so be it, the directors will do the best the possibly can on this i hope!

ill ask again......

surely promotion would bring in large levels of revenue in TV money alone.

If this ground sharing :censored:e is simply because we cant afford repairs to get a safety certificate then promotion will cover the est. 500k or so needed for upkeep out of the 3-4m we would get in TV money.

go up = prom funds repairs etc itself and we can stay at BP til 2014 as stated previously

dont go up = council gets the repair bill.

why has the promo/repairs not been stated?? i think something is going on in the background regarding investment/new stadium plans and with regard to selling the land they want us out ASAP

Buses outside the ground are every 30 mins on WEEKDAYS, weekends would be a nightmare, nowhere to park as if we end up playing there you can bet your life the dibble and council will bring in parking restrictions all around on match-day..

Curzon is a good ground but has one road in and one road out of the ground, the traffic would be a nightmare and there's no boozers near the ground apart from the moss on the retail park. Close to ashton centre, and Oldham Road loadsapubs and transport is much better than Stalybridge but will cost to park

Athletics park is miles away and I would assume that it wouldn't be cheap to rent. Yeah, big car-park, decent bus-links, :censored: view

BUT MOST OF ALL NONE OF THEM ARE IN OLDHAM, FAILSWORTH IS! Yup!

Nobody wants to leave BP but failsworth wasn't such idea after all was it? It was, it was never gonna be passed, we had to bite the bullet and go along with it but it has killed the fanbase imo with people walking away that will never return…all shaking their head saying "I told yer so.." :ranting:

ill ask again......

If this ground sharing :censored:e is simply because we cant afford repairs to get a safety certificate then promotion will cover the est. 500k or so needed for upkeep out of the 3-4m we would get in TV money.

go up = prom funds repairs etc itself and we can stay at BP til 2014 as stated previously

why has the promo/repairs not been stated?? i think something is going on in the background regarding investment/new stadium plans and with regard to selling the land they want us out ASAP

I see your point but you can't budget on the assumption we'll get promotion. You assume we don't, if we do get promotion it's a bonus and things change.

ill ask again......

that would depend on if they had had an offer on the land or not..and we will be the last to know that...

i know what your saying about promotion..but sooner or later this :censored: is bound to affect the team and there performances....

forget failsworth..never happen......the council now have to come up with the land...hence why the club has published what it has..a threat,because the club knows if the council allow this there will be the biggest backlash ever,with far reaching implications.....

Not sure why Rochdale would be a complete no-goer. Even without the standing it fits over 8k.

Hornets, Rochdale and RMBC would probably bite our hands off for say £70k apiece (well two out of the three {over 50%}would).

Maybe, but the season would never end with that crap pitch it'd be a nightmare. Imagine if we had a winter like this one next season if we were there…or if there was a prolonged wet patch...

Thats fair enough Latics fanatic but I cant see any of these options happening.

When the directors say they will move out of the borough doesn't mean they will move next door to tameside, we could end up anywhere like warington or even salford.

How far away from wimbledon is milton kenes?

How far away is Brighton from Gillingham?

Thats fair enough Latics fanatic but I cant see any of these options happening.

When the directors say they will move out of the borough doesn't mean they will move next door to tameside, we could end up anywhere like warington or even salford.

How far away from wimbledon is milton kenes?

That's a worrying spanner you've thrown into the works, highly unlikely but worrying. If you've thought of it surely Corney and co have... :unsure:

Not sure why Rochdale would be a complete no-goer. Even without the standing it fits over 8k.

Hornets, Rochdale and RMBC would probably bite our hands off for say £70k apiece (well two out of the three {over 50%}would).

The added cost of maintaining the pitch and ground could eat into this quite substantially plus as the RL season overlaps the football season it could be seen as a logisitcal nightmare having 3 teams playing heir at once.

Maybe, but the season would never end with that crap pitch it'd be a nightmare. Imagine if we had a winter like this one next season if we were there…or if there was a prolonged wet patch...

I completely agree.

However, I'd guess it's where he's thinking of.

When do FSCUM move out of Gigg Lane, as that would open two more options up.

Same thing happened to Hamilton Accies. Left the town in the 80s, played at various rivals' grounds such as Partick and Motherwell. Support ebbed away until it was down to just a few hundred. They're now back at their own ground in Hamilton after many years as nomads but only get around 2000 home fans in the SPL, despite great success on the pitch in recent years (not so good this year). The club is in a better financial state, it has it's own ground, but the support base was decimated by groundsharing and hasn't recovered since. They effectively wrote off a generation of new fans. OAFC are in danger of doing the same.

To think that our 1st season back in the championship and we will be playing in front of 1,000 at Curzon Ashton vs Derby, in a game where we would get upwards of 7k at BP we have to lock people out and barely rake in any revenue cos the ground aint big enough, all because we refuse to get a new safety certificate

YET again we have been offered no reason as to WHY we have to all of a sudden leave BP for NEXT SEASON - Corney is gonna get an ear bashing at the forum I can tell you

so depressing

My enthusiasm for promotion this season has totally evaporated knowing what lies ahead next year, which is next to no team of any quality once we sell/don't renew the contracts of the current class squad and back down we go to nothingness

Edited by shefflatic