Boundry Park

Not sure if this as been mentioned yet but here we go. Presuming the club owns all the playing fields around BP. If the land at BP is worth 20m and the lacaster club 3m, could we sell of the lancaster club and half of the land around BP (say the car park, the ground itself and behind the RRE) which should raise around 13m build a scaled down ground on the playing fields next to BP and use the land across chaddy way aswel for five a side pitches ect.

Not sure if this as been mentioned yet but here we go. Presuming the club owns all the playing fields around BP. If the land at BP is worth 20m and the lacaster club 3m, could we sell of the lancaster club and half of the land around BP (say the car park, the ground itself and behind the RRE) which should raise around 13m build a scaled down ground on the playing fields next to BP and use the land across chaddy way aswel for five a side pitches ect.

We dont own Clayton Playing fields

Steve how long have you been a fan? Clayton Playing Fields have held 'Town Green Status' since the Sports Park 2000 scheme was scrapped in 2000 due to Liberals short-sightedness...

Steve how long have you been a fan? Clayton Playing Fields have held 'Town Green Status' since the Sports Park 2000 scheme was scrapped in 2000 due to Liberals short-sightedness...

Been an armchair fan for years but only be going and paying much intrest in the club for the past 5 or 6 years. I presumed we owned all the playing fields.

I know they can sell it.. but who's going to buy land you can do next to nothing with?

You can do plenty at Failsworth, everything but the stadium. So if there's the will you can still build pretty much anything on the site IF you get planning permission and the scrub land can forever stay the :censored:ty dog toilet it always has been...

You can do plenty at Failsworth, everything but the stadium. So if there's the will you can still build pretty much anything on the site IF you get planning permission and the scrub land can forever stay the :censored:ty dog toilet it always has been...

Ah i see, i was getting the impression that nothing could be done with it because of its charity status.

thanks for clearing that up!

Boundary Park and the surrounding land, in the current economic climate, is worth £10m-£11m. It would have cost £12m-£13m to build the stadium (not including what the club have spent to acquire some of the land). Oldham Council would have leased the rest of the land needed for a stadium for a nominal fee.

There are other sites in Failsworth more suited to a stadium (around 12-13 acres which is more than enough and council owned with no status) but Latics, understandably, wanted the land off Broadway as it was 20 acres. Should have been another plan to fall back on :-(

Ah i see, i was getting the impression that nothing could be done with it because of its charity status.

thanks for clearing that up!

The failsworth plot is two patches. The patch where the lancaster club is is private land with no charitable status.

The patch next to it which we were supposed to be leasing off the council one is the patch with charitable status.

The club owns none of the land at BP or Failsworth. It's owned by Simon Blitz, and we have no idea what he is going to do. He has broken all ties with the club, but must be in talks with SC.

88b712c3-9518-475a-ae08-697185d2fbef.jpg

:wink:

I have wondered how Simon Corney feels.

Was he

a) told by Simon Blitz you have a year to get it all sorted, here's the money for a years playing budget

or

B) SB just left SC high and dry

or

c) SC is the one to sort it and will have another job with the TTA when he leaves