Rumour

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a huge site all added together... I can only think its already been sold off ?

The school is still open though not sure when the new on is being completed , but Roman road that splits the area is the stumbling block as it needs to stay open to allow access to any new ground being put there?

The school is still open though not sure when the new on is being completed , but Roman road that splits the area is the stumbling block as it needs to stay open to allow access to any new ground being put there?

I thought it had now closed and they had moved ?

Either way... It would be worth finding it what the plan is for that land now Failsworth is up :censored: creek.

Regarding split land because of the road is that really a problem. Football Stadium on one side and other facilities on the other ? Also, not a lot of housing directly around the site so reduced Nimby moans ?

You can fit a stadium in at the gasworks without the extras TTA want.

gas works still in use infact offices just refurbished and new car parks built surrounded with cast plaques from closed gas works all over the nw cant see it closing soon with the amount of money spent on it !

I thought it had now closed and they had moved ?

Either way... It would be worth finding it what the plan is for that land now Failsworth is up :censored: creek.

Regarding split land because of the road is that really a problem. Football Stadium on one side and other facilities on the other ? Also, not a lot of housing directly around the site so reduced Nimby moans ?

Makes sense about footy one side, facilities on other side but there are some high priced housing past the astro,s so could see them kicking up a hell of a fuss. As for the size of areas involved i really wished i had done A level Geography as i would have had more of an idea although i might just pop down and do the old " one foot in front of the other" measurement :)

gas works still in use infact offices just refurbished and new car parks built surrounded with cast plaques from closed gas works all over the nw cant see it closing soon with the amount of money spent on it !

There are two gas works sites... the current training (?) site off Mersey Road and the old site alongside the M60 (I think). And if the and is contaminated then it would be cheap....

The plot thickens. Received this via PM today:

spoke with john battye at huddersfield.a "potential site has been identified.john because of confidence,was not in a position to tell me of the location.only,this site was a previous no-no due to land values which of course have reduced.he did mention council mtgs in april.wherever this site might be is just speculation.in my view a statement from who ever might help.

From a guy who registered a while back but who has never posted. Second account of someone?

The plot thickens. Received this via PM today:

From a guy who registered a while back but who has never posted. Second account of someone?

I got a pm to ring the guy, ref the same thing!!

Interesting, i'll bell him tomorrow!!

I exchanged a couple of messages with him, he seems a nice guy and very genuine, think he just reads the board and doesn't contribute!

Edited by smartzatart