Rumour

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol:

+1

That would make us Hollinwood Athletic. Closer to Ashton AND Manchester. NOOOOOOO. NEVER!!!

Closer than Failsworth? Really? For Christ's sake, it's the club we support, not the soddin' post code. Why shouldn't we ground share if a new stadium is on the way? In the past, Bristol Rovers spent years playing at Bath City until they got back into Bristol. Wimbledon did it until some arsewipe decided they would be better off 60 miles away and sod the supporters. At least that won't happen again, thank God. Look at Rovrum & Brighton. It's not unusual, is it? How many fans do you think Brighton will lose by moving to Falmer? Hollinwood is not on another planet (if that's what is being planned), so I'm afraid I just don't understand why anyone would consider deserting the club because the ground isn't quite where THEY want it. Where do you want it? At the top of West Street so it's smack in the town centre?

the only large scale land in hollinwood i am aware of is round the motorway/where the old roxy used to be?

Hollinwood is OL8 for anyone sad enough to care about the postcode, 10mins drive from our current location - aside from clayton playing fields and ferney fields you cant get much closer to our current site than that.

HOLLINWOOD BOLW BRING IT ON! :headbang:

the only large scale land in hollinwood i am aware of is round the motorway/where the old roxy used to be?

Hollinwood is OL8 for anyone sad enough to care about the postcode, 10mins drive from our current location - aside from clayton playing fields and ferney fields you cant get much closer to our current site than that.

That land would be nowhere near big enough for a ground. Looking at it now it's amazing they fitted a cinema there. If it is indeed Hollinwood then I've no idea where they are planning to build it unless It's Chapel Road. Hope it is in Hollinwood it would be perfect for me.

That land would be nowhere near big enough for a ground. Looking at it now it's amazing they fitted a cinema there. If it is indeed Hollinwood then I've no idea where they are planning to build it unless It's Chapel Road. Hope it is in Hollinwood it would be perfect for me.

dont forget when the roxy was built,it had a massive carpark ay yhe side and back of it,and then mills,the road layout was very different to what it is now....

is the gas works big enough???

could it be wickentree lane where ferranti used to be...

could it be further up where rose tissues and those other industrial units are????

could it be behind morrisons between railway and canal.....

the answers are out there....

direct link to motorways,buses,trains....perfect...

Take a few minutes to go and stand on the land where the Roxy was and you will be gobsmacked how small it is ???

Take a few minutes to go and stand on the land where the Roxy was and you will be gobsmacked how small it is ???

OK..so try standing on the old gas works site. If we forget Hotels etc. etc. et TTA take the money from selling The Lancaster Club site and that bit of BP they have sold and with the rest rebuild slowly somewhere else.

Found this doing a quick search to find the size of the gas works site.

Title: Re: Hollinwood Gas Works Lancashire

Post by: Radlad on Friday 17 July 09 20:26 UTC (UK)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hollinwood is still in use by The National grid as a Governor Station to reduce the pressure from the national distribution system , to a level suitable for local use.

It is also a base for some of the district workers .

Still in use?

What happened with ferney fields by the way, I forget. Was the land too expensive to aquire?

farmer refused to sell after chron jumped the gun and published details hence club now regulaly making anouncements after the chrons gone to press !