Rumour

If u google map the failedsworth site (I'm doing it on iPhone) and scoot over Oldham without changing scale, the only site of any comparable size is Higginshaw. Be it the old gas works/back of salmon fields or the other side of the tracks which is supposedly beal valley golf site. The beal valley golf part is huge although it's difficult to get perspective. Hard to work out where the back end of Stoneleigh Park ends and the empty land starts. There really is NOTHING there. It's crying out for a stadium, 3G pitches, and all that other bollocks.....

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If u google map the failedsworth site (I'm doing it on iPhone) and scoot over Oldham without changing scale, the only site of any comparable size is Higginshaw. Be it the old gas works/back of salmon fields or the other side of the tracks which is supposedly beal valley golf site. The beal valley golf part is huge although it's difficult to get perspective. Hard to work out where the back end of Stoneleigh Park ends and the empty land starts. There really is NOTHING there. It's crying out for a stadium, 3G pitches, and all that other bollocks.....

without even looking, traffic issues

I got a pm to ring the guy, ref the same thing!!

Interesting, i'll bell him tomorrow!!

I exchanged a couple of messages with him, he seems a nice guy and very genuine, think he just reads the board and doesn't contribute!

try and let us all know the goss on here if possible, very interesting...!

KTF

Re higginshaw, I've mentioned the traffic issue myself in the past, but after the failedsworth fiasco, maybe the council might look at letting this problem slide. They could widen the bottom of bullcote lane (would mean buying the bowling green), another next to dunkerleys metals, one at th back of seddon Atkinson, another running up towards rippendon road. It's not impossible, would just need a bit of planning from the council and a little bit of palm greasing to the odd resident.....

So its something to consider ?

This is the failsworth plot

failsworth.png

This is the kaskenmoor site (remember, theschool wont be there in 2012)

hollinwood.png

Both plots similar in size (maybe failsworth is a bit bigger)

Both served by the bus routes going down Oldham Road

Both served by the metrolink

The kaskenmoor site right next to the motorway

[ This is the kaskenmoor site (remember, theschool wont be there in 2012)

hollinwood.png

Just off Roman Road?

Welcome to Gladiators Stadium.

I thought it had now closed and they had moved ?

Either way... It would be worth finding it what the plan is for that land now Failsworth is up :censored: creek.

Regarding split land because of the road is that really a problem. Football Stadium on one side and other facilities on the other ? Also, not a lot of housing directly around the site so reduced Nimby moans ?

although kasky moore is quite a big site.....not sure if the astro pitches are closing and the indoor sports halls where they currently do netball....

also there is a lot of housing on all 3 sides of the site..so i would expect a lot of nimbys complaining

the gasworks site could be a goer,as behind it there is old mills and a couple of buisness there,could be relocated and do the whole area...then it could be big enough...

other than that salmon fields n higginshaw areas would suit......guess we will just have to be patient and wait for announcements or the fans forum

This is the failsworth plot

failsworth.png

This is the kaskenmoor site (remember, theschool wont be there in 2012)

hollinwood.png

The old Kaskenmoor School may be shutting, but New Bridge School, which was opened in 2005, having cost £8.2 million, and is co-located on the same site, isn't.

The club are far from blameless in this Diego, let's have a sense of perspective if it wasn't all about a return to the Three Investors, the ground would have been built simple as….

they both have to hold there hands up over failsworth....and work together to sort something new out...

i just hope differences can be put to one side whilst this is done.then everybody can be happy with the outcome....then once playing in championship and self sufficient the owners can sell up,recoup,move on...ONCE our future is firmly sorted out.

they both have to hold there hands up over failsworth....and work together to sort something new out...

i just hope differences can be put to one side whilst this is done.then everybody can be happy with the outcome....then once playing in championship and self sufficient the owners can sell up,recoup,move on...ONCE our future is firmly sorted out.

So if in three years time we're sat in a new stadium, in a central Oldham location that we all like, watching championship football..... you would still want corney and co to leave? I won't! It sound like objective completed to me! Next mission, premier league!

The old Kaskenmoor School may be shutting, but New Bridge School, which was opened in 2005, having cost £8.2 million, and is co-located on the same site, isn't.

I work there as do a number of other Latics. One who's posted on this thread.

New Bridge is going nowhere - infact it's looking at expanding and i'd wager alot of money that the current site will become a post 19 special needs facility if what we've been told the past six months is true.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I work there as do a number of other Latics. One who's posted on this thread.

New Bridge is going nowhere - infact it's looking at expanding and i'd wager alot of money that the current site will become a post 19 special needs facility if what we've been told the past six months is true.

That just covers just about half our crowd, makes sense to kill two birds with one stone.

I can't help but laugh at how nobody is against moving to Hollinwood, well I say Hollinwood but in reality the gas works are in Failsworth :lol:

Too be honest i'm getting fed up with some of the deadheads posting on these subjects, who cares if its not an OL postcode. Yea Failsworth has an M postcode but weither you like it or not IT'S STILL IN OLDHAM and the last time I checked Ashton had an OL postcode and MOST DEFINATLY IS NOT IN OLDHAM.

God forbid you should have to get more than one bus to the ground GET A TAXI!

As for Ashton having less chav's I work in Ashton and the person who posted that has obviously never been.

Thats it now rant over I had to get it out of my system before I smashed my laptop up in anger at some of the supid posts.

So if in three years time we're sat in a new stadium, in a central Oldham location that we all like, watching championship football..... you would still want corney and co to leave? I won't! It sound like objective completed to me! Next mission, premier league!

personally if all that is achieved no.i wouldnt....but they want out....and they know if they build a new ground and were in the championship we are a much better proposition to buy..whether we like it or not....they just want rid.