Rumour

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That I heard tonight is that plans for a new ground, somewhere in Oldham, will be announced in the next 6 weeks.

Might be bollocks, might not be. Better than hearing all the doom and gloom that has been circulating recently though.

Heard about a chink of similar light myself, vague but may be viable….

That I heard tonight is that plans for a new ground, somewhere in Oldham, will be announced in the next 6 weeks.

Might be bollocks, might not be. Better than hearing all the doom and gloom that has been circulating recently though.

Woohoo! :OASISscarf::pray:

I hope this one comes true, I really do. We have had a few rumours over the last few months about potential new owners/investors and none have come true so far.

which is why im not getting excited. the last official statement said we were moving out of BP and oldham next season

which is why im not getting excited. the last official statement said we were moving out of BP and oldham next season

Well even if there is a new site in Oldham somewhere, we're not going to have a new ground built for next season. If costs have to be reduced to help pay for it, and the easiest way of doing that is to ground share for a season or two...

Well even if there is a new site in Oldham somewhere, we're not going to have a new ground built for next season. If costs have to be reduced to help pay for it, and the easiest way of doing that is to ground share for a season or two...

I have no problem with ground share (seefish I know, does not affect me) if concrete plans are in place and some escrow type security.

IT sounds like a chink of light, but let everyone know this is what we want, sign below.

Apologies for the blatantly shameless plug for the 2 petitions

Ssssshhhhhhh, don't give them any hope........the depressive element of our on-line crusaders i mean :grin:

In the words of Denis Norden, "It'll be alright on the night" :wink:

Precisely. If it gets us out of the :censored: and allows us to keep operating, I'd watch us play in the local park. Not arsed in the slightest, for the short term. I can't understand those who say "I'll never watch latics again if we have to play at -insert random place-" Your team is your team, period.

lets hope it isnt just rumour.....

but i think dependant on promotion if it is nailed on about new ground.we would styay at bp.....bigger capacity than sharing and if in championship crowd would rise and away crowds would rise,dont think the club would want to miss out on that by ground sharing at a smaller ground..

but i think dependant on promotion if it is nailed on about new ground.we would styay at bp.....bigger capacity than sharing and if in championship crowd would rise and away crowds would rise,dont think the club would want to miss out on that by ground sharing at a smaller ground..

Very good point that Ed.

My view is that the whole "ground-share" thinking is based on the fact that when failsworth was seen as a viable option, there was a reasonably defined period that the club would have to eke out its existence before moving.

The charity commission decision changed that to an indetermiable amount of time, hence the decision has to be made on the assumption that a new ground is a distant prospect.

If a new opportunity for a ground is actually there, it could move the club back to the former situation. If promotion does (and lets not get our hopes up too much here, we've seen 5 top 10 finishes under TTA) happen, going from BP to a new ground would surely retain more momentum than a ground share.

Not if the people who own it don't let us