Shirt Design Ideas

home6.jpghome7.jpghome8.jpghome2.jpghome1.jpgaway1.jpgaway3.jpgaway2.jpgthird3.jpgthird4.jpg

Red and white stripes as worn between 1895-1907 and 1946-1948. Blue and white stripes as worn between 1910-1914 and 1922-1923. Tangerine away kit as worn as home kit between 1966-1972. Zebra away kit - original design. Factor 50 charity third kit. Joke Burberry kit.

Between 1946-8 iit was red & white hoops not stripes. The kit was from same source as Oldham Rugby in a time of shortages.

Blue and white stripes worn in 1910-14 were not as thin, in fact the shirts were the classic three broad stripes white/blue/white. Similarly in 1922/3.

Please don't rewrite the history of the club.

Between 1946-8 iit was red & white hoops not stripes. The kit was from same source as Oldham Rugby in a time of shortages.

Blue and white stripes worn in 1910-14 were not as thin, in fact the shirts were the classic three broad stripes white/blue/white. Similarly in 1922/3.

Please don't rewrite the history of the club.

To be fair, he didn't say they were Pete, they are a source of inspiration, and to counter the inevitable post about red, or stripes.

Not all fans have you knowledge Pete, and I mean that as a respect to you.

It would be gret to have a design unique to us, instead of the 8th choice of some prem team and the same as some southern team.

Trouble is, it is not the the suppliers interest due to less profit, or LAtic's due to increased costs to not use something there is already manufactured.

Edited by singe

He didn't say they were Pete, they are a source of inspiration, and to counter the inevitable post about red, or stripes.

Not all fans have you knowledge Pete, and I mean that as a respect to you.

Not arguing Singe (and aplogies if sounding nerdy about our history!) but he did say they were in his notes under the designs!!

Edited by LaticsPete

Not arguing Singe (and aplogies if sounding nerdy about our history!) but he did say they were in his notes under the designs!!

Fair enough. I twas more that you were knocking his ideas and initiative that I was bothered about.

I think they were quite wide though!

For the record!

LAtics Historical Kits

Edited by singe

Fair enough. I twas more that you were knocking his ideas and initiative that I was bothered about.

For the record!

LAtics Historical Kits

Even that link has inaccurate info!

There's a photo in Stewart Beckett's book " Pine Villa and Oldham Athletic" that's from a match in 1922/23. Latics are wearing the broad "thirds" shirt not the narower stripes as decscribed in that link.

Excharnwoodlatic

Good work, would take any one of them over the :censored:e we have at the moment

I like the 5th (blue and white with tangerene trim) and the 8th (tangerene) one in particular.

Any chance you could do the 7th one in blue and white?

No problem. Will have a crack when I get home from work. Any specific requests? Ie. Shirt make/sponsor/colour scheme/design?

If anyone's got any requests I'd be more than happy to give them a go (time permiting!).

For the record!

LAtics Historical Kits

That's the website I used. Thought it would've been fairly accurate considering it's a Dave Moor site. Plenty of references at the bottom of the page. I was hardly trying to rewrite history, just using the information that was available to me.

No problem. Will have a crack when I get home from work. Any specific requests? Ie. Shirt make/sponsor/colour scheme/design?

If anyone's got any requests I'd be more than happy to give them a go (time permiting!).

Would stick to JD as the sponsor

Would love to see the 7th one, but change what is currently white to blue, and what is currently black to white

That's the website I used. Thought it would've been fairly accurate considering it's a Dave Moor site. Plenty of references at the bottom of the page. I was hardly trying to rewrite history, just using the information that was available to me.

One of the footnotes is from me correcting a mistake that was on originally.

Your designs are creative. My position is that our distinctive kit for years and years was the "thirds" stripe. Whie/blue/white or sometimes blue/white/blue.

I'd be interested to see designs that used this.

Edited by LaticsPete

1. is United Away 90-92

2. Is Wigan!!!!

3. Maybe

4. Sheff Wed Late 80's

5. I like, it's unique!

6. Sheff Utd

7. Darlington???

8. Brighter orange and could be a winner!

9. Maybe as a novelty fund raiser for the Charidee…

10. Fook no!!!!

5 and 8 you could be onto something. However a warning to you all, last time we went for something unique, we ended up with this…creative little number! :shock:

image_4656.gif
Edited by oafcprozac