Oldham in bumper crowd shit performance shocker

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're 7th and a win away from getting back in there...

That for me is more than enough to say we CAN do it.

i hope you are right but i feel that at the end of the season we will be saying exactly that - just a win away from ???

I don't think we have the bottle or maturity as a team to make that final step at the moment.

Not a criticism or moaning just my opinion of the team we currently have.

I can't say we are definately going to do it and no one can say we aren't.

We're in the mix with 16 games to go. Lots of twists and turns before the end of the season.

True but my biggest worry is that we don't have an out and out striker who is a real goal threat and

can score big goals.

Feeney is past it , don't think Reid will ever have it and we don't have anybody else to come in and get the crucial goals we need.

We need a Luke Beckett type forward and we would have had 7 points in the last 3 games instead of 2.

Just hope PD can uncover one for next season and keep most of this squad together .

Dickov, ffs keep a man upfront when the oppo has a corner!!!!! you want to defend set-pieces in numbers, but your jsut invitng pressure immediately back onto us!!! Taylor, effort their, not a CM, if i was Jones or Medi, i'd be pissed of with Dickov for him playing him their and it was obvious he wasnt a cm. Stick him back on the wings. Tonk needs a rest, Reid buy a magnet and stick it on you, everything that touched him bounced 10 yards away. Evina was mostly steady despite giving the ball away for their goal. Amos was brilliant. Don't know how their was even a yellow card produced in the brawl. And to that dickhead who was sat a few rows infront of me, don't come back again, it was embarrassing, screaming at the players saying your meant to be in top 6, your :censored:e etc.. You only came for the £2 offer, your one who we don't need back saying stuff like that.

Special mention for Taggart as well. Legend.

Hard to argue with any of that.

Trying to take positives....absolutely stunning save from Amos in the first half, another superb performance from him. Taylor's never a central midfielder but it's good to see he's learned how to tackle. And it's always the sign of a good team spirit if everyone joins in when there's a fight.

Highlight of the night for me was the little girl in front of me (never been before but her brother and grandad are ST holders) asking "mum, can i come all the time now?" halfway through 2nd half. 1 down, 3999 to go.

Not read any other threads but just a quick couple of points from me about last night

Taylor is wasted at Centre mid , whats the point when we have Jones and Alabimba in the squad?

Reid looks lightyears away from being fit , I thought this guy was supposed to be fast? he makes Feeney look like Usain Bolt ,

Todd looked ok

Dissapointed Dickov has taken Morais out of the "hole" position , he was doing so well there and for some reason he is accomodating for an unfit Reid...

against Brizzle I would play Jones , Move Taylor back left and put Morais back behind Tounkara and drop Reid

Agreed Razza, we really need to make the most of Taylor out wide and Phil in the hole, no link last night which resulted in the long ball tactics.

I think it shows how much we miss Stephens despite his occasional hollywood balls and one paced movement he can certainly give us that added something in the middle of the park.

I thought Lee and Amos were excellent though!

Our failure was to do with playing 3 wingers in midfield but at the end of the day, full credit to Carlisle who battled and battled though perhaps not enough as GT. Certainly not the worse game ever at all and I don’t think it can be used as a yard stick for our season. Perhaps it’s a pity that the 2nd half didn’t live up to the end to end action of the first half.

Not read any other threads but just a quick couple of points from me about last night

Taylor is wasted at Centre mid , whats the point when we have Jones and Alabimba in the squad?

Reid looks lightyears away from being fit , I thought this guy was supposed to be fast? he makes Feeney look like Usain Bolt ,

Todd looked ok

Dissapointed Dickov has taken Morais out of the "hole" position , he was doing so well there and for some reason he is accomodating for an unfit Reid...

against Brizzle I would play Jones , Move Taylor back left and put Morais back behind Tounkara and drop Reid

Couldnt agree more. Hardly saw Taylor involved. White is just useless atm and Tonks touch is shocking

He had a rest in December like everyone else. Can't drop golden boy who's meant to bang the goals in but lets Tounkara do all the chasing.

I know we've been warned Reid can look a lazy player but he needs to up his game for me.

Reid? Still learning to play with the squad.. Get that by games.. Tonk - he's shattered end of every game, He's started all 30 games in leagye.. thats alot to ask of someone in their first professional season.. Gives it his all every game.. add to the fact hes out of form and we have other options for up front..

Also, we could have another bumper crowd towards end of season, corney said in chron their might be another cut price game towards end of season..

I was incredibly brassed off last night. Refused entry when there was clearly seats available after contacting mates inside who said there was plenty available. The stewards attitude towards me was unacceptable. I decided I would go home as I hadn't a chance of getting inside and I was walking outside the main entrance and saw two season ticket, yes elderly season ticket holders refused entry after a steward said to one of them "we cannot let another person in as we would breach safety regulations" only to let in 4 youth team players in moments later. Disgusting.

Clearly didn't plan it through last night. Clearly more interested in making a quick buck than keeping the real fans happy.

Edited by Ben1985

I was incredibly brassed off last night. Refused entry when there was clearly seats available after contacting mates inside who said there was plenty available. The stewards attitude towards me was unacceptable. I decided I would go home as I hadn't a chance of getting inside and I was walking outside the main entrance and saw two season ticket, yes elderly season ticket holders refused entry after a steward said to one of them "we cannot let another person in as we would breach safety regulations" only to let in 4 youth team players in moments later. Disgusting.

Clearly didn't plan it through last night. Clearly more interested in making a quick buck than keeping the real fans happy.

Should of tried all 3 ends or hidden your colours and sit in't away end.

there were four seats next to me four rows up right behind the goal. if a full stand is unsafe, then why build it with so many seats

Clearly didn't plan it through last night.

The way to do it - See how many season ticket holders are in each stand and section of stand eg main stand upper and paddock.

Print out all the remaining availble seats for each stand/area of stand and spilt the tickets up between the corresponding turnstiles for each area of the stands.

Once they're gone, they're gone = every season ticket holder gets in and those paying £2 get in (unless they are unfortunately late)= problem easily solved

Edited by shefflatic

Reid? Still learning to play with the squad.. Get that by games.. Tonk - he's shattered end of every game, He's started all 30 games in leagye.. thats alot to ask of someone in their first professional season.. Gives it his all every game.. add to the fact hes out of form and we have other options for up front..

Also, we could have another bumper crowd towards end of season, corney said in chron their might be another cut price game towards end of season..

I think PD has a dilemma now in terms of selection.

Oumare Tonkara has, all things considered, done extremely well this season; in what is his first season in professional football. He’s big, strong, quick once he gets going, has a great work ethic, and has chipped in with some valuable goals. When he’s ‘at it’ like Hudds at home, he’s almost unplayable for CB’s at this level. But; when he’s off the boil; as he has appeared to be in recent weeks, he looks almost a weak link. On Saturday & Tuesday; moves broke down around him, and he offered little or no goal threat.

Reuben Reid – it looks like there is a player in there; but he looks well short of match sharpness and off the pace at present. His cameo against Hartlepool was promising; and for now; that is how I would use him; off the bench for the last 20 mins; as for me; he has affected the dynamic of the side with his starting up front with Tonk. We’ve had to move a couple of players around to bring him in alongside Tonk; and as Reid has come in; we’ve seen a down-turn in the effectiveness of White & in particular Morais.

For me (and it seems many on here) Filipe Morais has to be played in the ‘hole’; with a relatively free license to go where he feels in the final 3rd. With Taylor and White on the wings, and Morais and Tonk up top; we looked a threat. With Morais on the wing; he tends to get marginalised and the game can at times seem to pass him by. With a player like ‘Phil’; you need him on the ball as much as possible; and the way to do that is to play him higher up; in the centre; playing off a big striker................even accounting for the slight loss of form; that big striker should still be Oumare IMO.

I think PD needs to revert to the previous type against Brizzle; and line up with the following; in terms of the midfield and attack (the defensive 5 at present picks itself until original Reuben is back from suspension):

White - Furman & Jones (until Stephens returns) - Taylor

Morais

Tonkara

You then have Reid to come off the bench for the last 15 /20 mins; and still have Feeney and Lewis if you want to change it around too.

We need to get back to doing what we do best; and that is fast tempo, on the deck, pace out wide quick 1 & 2 touch football; that stretches sides and causes all sorts of problems. The Hudds & Carlisle games were underpinned by not doing much (if any) of that; and were more pump it more directly (Hudds dragged us into it; and Carlisle were difficult to break down causing us to do it) – which we’re not as suited to playing.

A return to the football we are capable of playing is needed – and the way to achieve that IMO is to go back to the formation and personnel who were pivotal in playing it in the first place.

I think PD has a dilemma now in terms of selection.

Oumare Tonkara has, all things considered, done extremely well this season; in what is his first season in professional football. He’s big, strong, quick once he gets going, has a great work ethic, and has chipped in with some valuable goals. When he’s ‘at it’ like Hudds at home, he’s almost unplayable for CB’s at this level. But; when he’s off the boil; as he has appeared to be in recent weeks, he looks almost a weak link. On Saturday & Tuesday; moves broke down around him, and he offered little or no goal threat.

Reuben Reid – it looks like there is a player in there; but he looks well short of match sharpness and off the pace at present. His cameo against Hartlepool was promising; and for now; that is how I would use him; off the bench for the last 20 mins; as for me; he has affected the dynamic of the side with his starting up front with Tonk. We’ve had to move a couple of players around to bring him in alongside Tonk; and as Reid has come in; we’ve seen a down-turn in the effectiveness of White & in particular Morais.

For me (and it seems many on here) Filipe Morais has to be played in the ‘hole’; with a relatively free license to go where he feels in the final 3rd. With Taylor and White on the wings, and Morais and Tonk up top; we looked a threat. With Morais on the wing; he tends to get marginalised and the game can at times seem to pass him by. With a player like ‘Phil’; you need him on the ball as much as possible; and the way to do that is to play him higher up; in the centre; playing off a big striker................even accounting for the slight loss of form; that big striker should still be Oumare IMO.

I think PD needs to revert to the previous type against Brizzle; and line up with the following; in terms of the midfield and attack (the defensive 5 at present picks itself until original Reuben is back from suspension):

White - Furman & Jones (until Stephens returns) - Taylor

Morais

Tonkara

You then have Reid to come off the bench for the last 15 /20 mins; and still have Feeney and Lewis if you want to change it around too.

We need to get back to doing what we do best; and that is fast tempo, on the deck, pace out wide quick 1 & 2 touch football; that stretches sides and causes all sorts of problems. The Hudds & Carlisle games were underpinned by not doing much (if any) of that; and were more pump it more directly (Hudds dragged us into it; and Carlisle were difficult to break down causing us to do it) – which we’re not as suited to playing.

A return to the football we are capable of playing is needed – and the way to achieve that IMO is to go back to the formation and personnel who were pivotal in playing it in the first place.

You can have the job when Dickov takes over at Citeh next season.