Oldham in bumper crowd shit performance shocker

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latics started well and created chances, but Carlisle were a strong and resolute side who stuck at their task and probably deserved the win in the end, Latics contained too many lightweight players, a problem against physically stronger teams.

Amos 9 some superb saves

Lee 7 Did fairly well

Evina 5 Has no composure, which is vital for a defender

Todd 6, steady enough,but lacks pace

Trotman 7 Solid enough

White 5 ran into trouble too often

Taylor 5 A square peg in a round hole .

Furan 6 Ran around, but gave the ball away too much

Morais 7 The best hope, but fades badly

Tounkara 5 No control, poor in the air

Reid 5 Didn't put himself about enough

Both subs, no contribution

Up vote. Tonk needs a break I reckon, see what Reid can do with a little man. He's started slowly though, which is less forgivable given he's been playing at Walsall and is currently only here until the end of the season....

When we played it on the floor in the first 10 minutes we looked like Barcelona. Carlisle couldn't hang with us. We missed a couple of chances then reverted to short hoofs to Tounkara, who by the way had another shítter.

Dickov plays our best player in central mid Why? Taylor is the player who can cause damage out wide and he was anonymous playing in that position. I'd have rather seen Jones given a chance in centre mid or even Aiden White can play there, or that new kid Abalimba (sp?). Dickov has to take the blame for that. He goofed up and got it wrong.

Carlisle were nothing fancy but they caused us a lot more problems in the box than we even caused them and if it wasn't for Amos they could have been 3 or 4 up.

Once again, no cutting egde up front, the midfield was dire and our passing was dreadful for most of the match. We needed Stephens to keep thing simple, instead we reverted to hoofing it Tounkara, trying all sort of silly flicks which never came off. Stuff playing a target man at home, it stinks, it's Dave Penney territory. Feeney is a capable hold up player and would have encouraged the midfield to play the ball to feet which we could have built from around the area. Tounkara takes an age to do anything, whether it be pass or shoot and tonight he came across a defence who weren't being bullied and he looked every bit the amateur he was last season. Feeney and Reid up front next game please. Tounkara as a sub, don't care if he's a fans favourite, we need to try something else up front, something that doesn't involve hoofing it up to the big guy and him slowing play down, because when we play the ball on the floor we're such a better side.

As for this playoff talk, it's nonsense, if we finish 11th-7th it's very good progress from last season with a good team we can build up on. But let's not kid ourselves, there are 6 or 7 teams better than us in this league which will become clear in May. Call me a boo boy, it's just the way it is. Next season, if we can keep the core players of this team we'll be in with a decent shout.

Fair play to Carlisle, they came and did a job, weathered the early storm and out hustled us and fought for the ball more. It's hard to say they deserved the 3 points, but given how efficient they were at creating chances and stifling ours, they did deserve it.

Spot on, PIL.

And why-o-why do we persist with those :censored:ty floaty corners. I'm gonna go to the forum, just to ask that question....

I'm willing to believe we can make it into the top 6 by the end of the season. Third of the season to go yet. Another run and we'll be back there.

I'd put our playoff chances on par with Rochdale's. That's not being fly, they're probably the team most like us in the League and I don't think neither of us are in the top 6 or 7 teams and maybe are just over achieving slightly with a young team.

Again nobody was on the half way line when Carlisle were taking a corner!

Taylor was again lost in the middle, I reckon Feeney would be most suited to do Stephens job whilst he's injured.

Get Morais and Tonk back together up front and told to stay there.

Edited by bowl

Spot on, PIL.

And why-o-why do we persist with those :censored:ty floaty corners. I'm gonna go to the forum, just to ask that question....

And ask him why is everyone back when the opposition take corner kicks, Carlisle left one man up and when a Latics corner kick broke down he received the ball directly from the keeper and and nearly scored.

Spot on, PIL.

I agreed with much of his post but having missed the first ten can't imagine we looked like Barca! First half was marginally better than the second largely due to Morais became tired/disheartened I think.

Tonk has a role in the team, home or away, but only if he's peforming! We've a number of good strikers - he's bang out of form so lets use any of the other lads for crying out loud.

Also I still reckon we'll make the play-offs despite seeing my arse with that :censored:e tonight.

Just got home, really disappointed, i've spent days telling people to get to BP to see a great young talented side playing flowing football. I'm on the turnstiles and actually was shocked at a sell out we were expecting at best maybe 6,000-6,500. When the match kicked off i was still counting up and i couldn't believe how quiet it was, very surreal. Anyhoo i'm still stoked with the talented players we have just had a bad night.

Dickov, ffs keep a man upfront when the oppo has a corner!!!!! you want to defend set-pieces in numbers, but your jsut invitng pressure immediately back onto us!!! Taylor, effort their, not a CM, if i was Jones or Medi, i'd be pissed of with Dickov for him playing him their and it was obvious he wasnt a cm. Stick him back on the wings. Tonk needs a rest, Reid buy a magnet and stick it on you, everything that touched him bounced 10 yards away. Evina was mostly steady despite giving the ball away for their goal. Amos was brilliant. Don't know how their was even a yellow card produced in the brawl. And to that dickhead who was sat a few rows infront of me, don't come back again, it was embarrassing, screaming at the players saying your meant to be in top 6, your :censored:e etc.. You only came for the £2 offer, your one who we don't need back saying stuff like that.

Special mention for Taggart as well. Legend.

I'm willing to believe we can make it into the top 6 by the end of the season. Third of the season to go yet. Another run and we'll be back there.

Unfortunately the team is too young and inexperienced to make the play offs.

Every time we need to step up to the mark we fail and the same will happen when we need 2 wins from the last 2 games to make the P/O's.

Still miles better than last season !!!!!!

And ask him why is everyone back when the opposition take corner kicks, Carlisle left one man up and when a Latics corner kick broke down he received the ball directly from the keeper and and nearly scored.

He answered that one at the last fans forum.

Unfortunately the team is too young and inexperienced to make the play offs.

Every time we need to step up to the mark we fail and the same will happen when we need 2 wins from the last 2 games to make the P/O's.

Still miles better than last season !!!!!!

We're 7th and a win away from getting back in there...

That for me is more than enough to say we CAN do it.

Has Tonk been crap since M'Voto left? It was mentioned on here that it might have an affect on him - I didn't give it any consideration at the time but there looks to be a correlation...

I'm sure M'voto is still down watching games.. Tonk needs a rest though.

I'm sure M'voto is still down watching games.. Tonk needs a rest though.

Not another 'needs a rest' post. Suppose someone else has to now Stephens has had his 'rest'

I just don't think him and Reid are gelling that well currently, always seem to be in the same space and not working well together. One of them needs to be dropped possibly but who do you play there? Taylor? Morais? Feeney?

Not another 'needs a rest' post. Suppose someone else has to now Stephens has had his 'rest'

I just don't think him and Reid are gelling that well currently, always seem to be in the same space and not working well together. One of them needs to be dropped possibly but who do you play there? Taylor? Morais? Feeney?

First ever season in professional football, played in every game so far this season, thats alot to ask of a young kid especially when their in a different country and probably still learning English.. going to take its toll on him after abit..

First ever season in professional football, played in every game so far this season, thats alot to ask of a young kid especially when their in a different country and probably still learning English.. going to take its toll on him after abit..

He had a rest in December like everyone else. Can't drop golden boy who's meant to bang the goals in but lets Tounkara do all the chasing.

I know we've been warned Reid can look a lazy player but he needs to up his game for me.