Oldham in bumper crowd shit performance shocker

As long as you came on here moaning. Couldn't wait could you?? Like LaticeLee says do us all a favour and f!ck off with the negative, moaning attitude.

well pardon me for breaking from the OWTB lemmings wing.

ffs i estimate i have spent about 6grand following this club down the years. so id like to think i have put my money where my mouth is and i wont have some spotty teenagers from crossley telling me to do 1.

some of the players are going through the motions,unacceptable.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well pardon me for breaking from the OWTB lemmings wing.

ffs i estimate i have spent about 6grand following this club down the years. so id like to think i have put my money where my mouth is and i wont have some spotty teenagers from crossley telling me to do 1.

some of the players are going through the motions,unacceptable.

Woe is me, woe is me, monsieur

I've been to 9 games this season, I've seen us win just the once, draw 5 and lose 3. That's relegation form. I don't think I'll go again :wink:

Jinx!!!!

Been to 22 seen us win 9 Draw 8 Lose 5, i'm happy with that…. seen us score four twice and three, three times plenty of goals, good football and passion. Tonight was missing all of those but :censored: happens. PD has work to do but I know the first person he will look at is himself and we'll go from there and be up for it on Saturday.

Haha so it's your fault :wink:

:D I think it is. Full credit to Carlisle though, they were excellent tonight. They played how we should have played, maybe a little less hoof ball though. We can't defend crosses, they had so many heading chances tonight. It's something that doesn't look like being cured anytime soon.

it's annoying because we had a good chance to get the 4000 that took up the £2 back to BP. but typically, we didn't and especially after the start we had, he never looked like scoring. it's one game. we all said play-offs were out of it after the southampton game but look at the form after that.

I don't think we played that badly.

Stephens proved his worth in midfield - by not being there.

Had we got a little more around the centre of the pitch we'd have created more at the right end.

As for some of the ridiculous posts in this thread, get a grip. We're 10 places higher than most of us dreamed of and something better come the end of the season is still very much a possibility.

As for those who paid their £2 and disappeared as soon as a goal was scored .... you don't deserve to have the £2 in the first place. Please don't bother next time.

The rest? Come back - Latics created chances and on another day the result could easily have gone the other way. Your support could be the difference between 6th and 7th come the end of the season.

Let's make a bit more noise next home game!

Edited by opinions4u

it's annoying because we had a good chance to get the 4000 that took up the £2 back to BP. but typically, we didn't and especially after the start we had, he never looked like scoring. it's one game. we all said play-offs were out of it after the southampton game but look at the form after that.

To be fair we smashed Grimsby 6-0 but still only got 5,500 the week after. (Ok we'd kill for that now but same old Oldhamers 'owt for nowt' then like flies round dog pooh….

Latics started well and created chances, but Carlisle were a strong and resolute side who stuck at their task and probably deserved the win in the end, Latics contained too many lightweight players, a problem against physically stronger teams.

Amos 9 some superb saves

Lee 7 Did fairly well

Evina 5 Has no composure, which is vital for a defender

Todd 6, steady enough,but lacks pace

Trotman 7 Solid enough

White 5 ran into trouble too often

Taylor 5 A square peg in a round hole .

Furan 6 Ran around, but gave the ball away too much

Morais 7 The best hope, but fades badly

Tounkara 5 No control, poor in the air

Reid 5 Didn't put himself about enough

Both subs, no contribution

Edited by BP1960

TBH it was one of those games were we did not look like we would score. Set of brighlty again for the first 20 mins, love the way we play with wingers however no-one in the centre. Then we just ran out of ideas

We need a up front man who stay up front in the centre, can hold up the ball up. We seem to have a jinxed number nine shirt

Oh and Taylor, love it when you get stuck in, hate it when I really thought you were injured and when you got nought - you sprang up like a kangaroo to have words with the ref. Please stop it its getting on my chest.

I don't even think our defensive four actually made a tackle in the first half, we just let them build up and eventually, we let one in - far post aagghh!!!!

Have seen us play worse and for the season we have had so far, can't grumble at the odd hiccup, come on admit it, did you not think we would be in this lofty position at this point of the season, when the season started?

Those additional fans who came tonight - thanks, it might have been a one off but who knows, however, please don't let me move you along again when i have reserved seating for 5 season ticket holders. Was quite shocked a the que outside the RRE end 20 mins before KO. I am so used to just waltzing through the turnstyles, queing at BP? the shame....disappointed.gif

It was good to see BP packed possible for one last time and I said to my nephew/niece remember this as you will not see this again I'm sure

When we played it on the floor in the first 10 minutes we looked like Barcelona. Carlisle couldn't hang with us. We missed a couple of chances then reverted to short hoofs to Tounkara, who by the way had another shítter.

Dickov plays our best player in central mid Why? Taylor is the player who can cause damage out wide and he was anonymous playing in that position. I'd have rather seen Jones given a chance in centre mid or even Aiden White can play there, or that new kid Abalimba (sp?). Dickov has to take the blame for that. He goofed up and got it wrong.

Carlisle were nothing fancy but they caused us a lot more problems in the box than we even caused them and if it wasn't for Amos they could have been 3 or 4 up.

Once again, no cutting edge up front, the midfield was dire and our passing was dreadful for most of the match. We needed Stephens to keep thing simple, instead we reverted to hoofing it Tounkara and trying all sort of silly flicks which never came off and we never seemed to ge tthe ball down in the second half. We need to forget playing a target man at home, it stinks, it's Dave Penney territory. Feeney is a capable hold up player and would have encouraged the midfield to play the ball to feet; in which we could have built from around the area. Tounkara takes an age to do anything with the ball, whether it be pass or shoot and tonight he came across a defence who weren't being bullied and he looked every bit the amateur he was last season. Feeney and Reid up front next game please. Tounkara as a sub, don't care if he's a fans favourite, we need to try something else up front, something that doesn't involve hoofing it up to the big guy and him slowing play down, because when we play the ball on the floor we're such a better side.

As for this playoff talk, it's nonsense, if we finish 11th-7th it's very good progress from last season with a good team we can build up on. But let's not kid ourselves, there are 6 or 7 teams better than us in this league which will become clear towards the end of the season. Call me a boo boy, it's just the way it is. Next season, if we can keep the core players of this team we'll be in with a decent shout.

Fair play to Carlisle, they came and did a job, weathered the early storm and out hustled us and fought for the ball more. It's hard to say they deserved the 3 points, but given how efficient they were at creating chances and stifling ours, they did deserve it.

Edited by PlayItLivo

theres always overreacion on messageboards, this one espeically.

as a whole the season has been positive but the second half was propably the worst under Dickov imo, played massively into Carlisle's hands with long ball football for some inexplicable reason and couldn deal with balls into the box, could see the goal coming a mile off. We'd have probably won the game comfortably if we'd have scored early doors when we were ontop but we let a team who have been on a really bad run back into the game and you could see they felt we were there for the taking in the stages before they scored.

very disapointed tonight

Edited by daveoafc77