Dale Stephens

I must hold my hands up to being negative about him at times in the past but I get it now.

We were crying out for someone to put a foot on it in centre mid tonight and at Hudds - I'm converted.

Is he back Saturday?

Glad you are, he'll lose it every now and again, but he scores goals and makes assists. That midfield we had tonight were woeful as a group.

I must hold my hands up to being negative about him at times in the past but I get it now.

We were crying out for someone to put a foot on it in centre mid tonight and at Hudds - I'm converted.

Is he back Saturday?

Agree harry, I'm not one of Dale's detractors anyway but if Dale had played Saturday we would have won imo and certainly not become embroiled in a battle two games running. I hope he's fit for Saturday….

Is he back Saturday?

said at the gayfarm that taylor is no central midfielder and he showed it again. even while stephens is out, i'd have put morais in there to make it happen and taylor on the wing.

stephens hasnt been on form before he was out, or it looked that way, but him and furman are our midfield two and know their roles. we've missed him and i think we could have maybe got two extra points on saturday and one today

Came on here to say this. Stephens is the guy who keeps it simple, he gets the ball and he looks forward or wide for an available man. Tonight, we couldn;'t get the basics right at all, we misplaced so many short passes. The sooner Stephens is back the better and I hope some fans will retract their remarks about him being "over rated".

It was the damage it did to the formation; we've looked best when playing 4-2-3-1 not 4-4-2. Reid & Tunks didn't click and it's better with Stephens dictating play and Taylor, White & Morais boimbing on.

took the words out of my mouth, Stephens comes short for the ball bringing others into play no-one was doing that role tonight and I felt we were missing a body in the centre of the park

Guest ChristopherBradmanPlatt

A defeat really can point out what has been going well in a side.

I'm a big fan of Stephens, but I have at times been very frustrated by his tendency to delay a pass, or to dally on the ball. However it became clear tonight, particularly in the second half, that we need that man in the middle slowing play down & looking for the right ball.

Without Stephens in there the play became more & more frenetic, with no quality or end product. We never looked like scoring once Carlisle scored & the lads got panicky. Hopefully the result will silence, or at least stifle, the criticism of Stephens for the time being.

Guest ChristopherBradmanPlatt

And as for Taylor as a replacement for Stephens: never gonna work. Taylor needs to be on the ball & up the pitch to make things happen, not in his own half searching for the ball for large parts of the game.

I have been stephens biggest critic in recent months but now not having him in the team makes me realise how much we miss him OR taylor is just awful at centre mid. if dale is still out for bristol at weekend then we should definatly give Medi a go in the middle. Reid looks toatlly of pace and id stick him in the rserves to get some match sharpness back and stick morais upfront.

I have been stephens biggest critic in recent months but now not having him in the team makes me realise how much we miss him OR taylor is just awful at centre mid. if dale is still out for bristol at weekend then we should definatly give Medi a go in the middle. Reid looks toatlly of pace and id stick him in the rserves to get some match sharpness back and stick morais upfront.

Never write off a striker who gets in to the right positions.

Why is Jones being overlooked? Surely he deserves more of a chance to play there?

Just because of 1 bad performance at Accrington and 1 dodgy pass against Town shouldnt mean him losing his chance to play

Jones if more effective on the wing than he is in the middle. I wouldnt trust jones in the middle where he is more liable to mess up which would lead to a goal.