Next home Crowd

Thank hod Wednesday will bring a few. The same night as Barca vs Arsenal is our next home game.

My mate who travels from Leeds for every home game said he won't be coming to the Wednesday game, my dad said the same - he'll be watching barca. (I think his reaction was a spare of the moment one in anger though)

I hate to think how low the home support will be - ESP if we have two poor results at Bournemouth & leyton orient.

Record Barca v Arsenal, get down to BP and watch the video at your leisure. Also the highlights are shown after locals get back from BP.

Similarly when the Tranmere game is shown live on TV.

People seem to give up easily, but expect Corney and his two Amigos to stick with Latics through thin and thinner, regardless of being kicked in the teeth by absentees. What happened to Latics 'til I die? I thought it meant supporting the team and Club in person and/or financially. :disappointed:

Season ticket holder but won't be leaving the sofa. The two best footballing sides in world football or watching division 3 football? More Sheff Weds fans than Latics I reckon.

I watched a Barca game the other week and soon got bored of it. I understand many find cooing over 10,000 5 yard nothing balls entertaining, but apparently not me. :dntknw:

Thank hod Wednesday will bring a few. The same night as Barca vs Arsenal is our next home game.

My mate who travels from Leeds for every home game said he won't be coming to the Wednesday game, my dad said the same - he'll be watching barca. (I think his reaction was a spare of the moment one in anger though)

I hate to think how low the home support will be - ESP if we have two poor results at Bournemouth & leyton orient.

Where abouts in Leeds is your mate?

I don't think I really care anymore about how many fans we get to attend home games.

I hate the indignity of begging people to come along - whether it be through offers (like the Carlisle match, that seemed to show we have reasonable support, only for the next non-offer game to be back to the usual 3,500) or pleading with the attention-seekers on here who seem happy to tell everyone theyre not going to games anymore. The board must know by now that they can never rely on gates to pay the bills.

If you want to stay at home and watch Barcelona v Arsenal, then good for you.

If only 2,000 Latics fans turn up to the home game against Sheffield Wednesday then each fan deserves a medal. If you choose to stay in and watch that really interesting Champions League competition instead then, meh, its your choice, but by not turning up youre just contributing to our downward spiral.

Edited by JoeP

I don't think I really care anymore about how many fans we get to attend home games.

I hate the indignity of begging people to come along - whether it be through offers (like the Carlisle match, that seemed to show we have reasonable support, only for the next non-offer game to be back to the usual 3,500) or pleading with the attention-seekers on here who seem happy to tell everyone they’re not going to games anymore. The board must know by now that they can never rely on gates to pay the bills.

If only 2,000 Latics fans turn up to the home game against Sheffield Wednesday then each fan deserves a medal. If you choose to stay in and watch that really interesting “Champions” League competition instead then, meh, it’s your choice, but by not turning up you’re just contributing to our downward spiral.

Agreed

I won't be going, and I won't be watching Barca v. Arsenal either. I wonder how many of those who are boasting of not going have given the likes of zeros some stick for not going in the past. His reasons for not going are far more substanial than wanting to watch various games of keep ball rolled into a 90 minute football match.

Season ticket holder but won't be leaving the sofa. The two best footballing sides in world football or watching division 3 football? More Sheff Weds fans than Latics I reckon.

:petesake:

Sheff Wed fans are clearly more loyal/dedicated supporters than Latics fans.

Edited by Hometownclub

Record Barca v Arsenal, get down to BP and watch the video at your leisure. Also the highlights are shown after locals get back from BP.

Similarly when the Tranmere game is shown live on TV.

People seem to give up easily, but expect Corney and his two Amigos to stick with Latics through thin and thinner, regardless of being kicked in the teeth by absentees. What happened to Latics 'til I die? I thought it meant supporting the team and Club in person and/or financially. :disappointed:

Whats the odds the Latics announcer will spoil it by giving out the half time score :unsure:

I hate the indignity of begging people to come along - whether it be through offers (like the Carlisle match, that seemed to show we have reasonable support, only for the next non-offer game to be back to the usual 3,500) or pleading with the attention-seekers on here who seem happy to tell everyone they’re not going to games anymore. The board must know by now that they can never rely on gates to pay the bills.

If only 2,000 Latics fans turn up to the home game against Sheffield Wednesday then each fan deserves a medal. If you choose to stay in and watch that really interesting “Champions” League competition instead then, meh, it’s your choice, but by not turning up you’re just contributing to our downward spiral.

Absolutely bang on Joe!

As a season ticket holder I can pick an choose my games knowing I've paid my money to the club.

Entertainment business, Saturday was too much for me. I'm not wasting my time watching people who don't give a :censored: when I have a better option. Of course I will be at the game after that to watch them not overly give a :censored:.

As a season ticket holder I can pick an choose my games knowing I've paid my money to the club.

Entertainment business, Saturday was too much for me. I'm not wasting my time watching people who don't give a :censored: when I have a better option. Of course I will be at the game after that to watch them not overly give a :censored:.

Yep, that's fair enough. By not turning up to the Sheffield Wednesday match, you're making a protest without hurting the club financially (where it matters most at the moment) as you've already handed over your cash, just like all the other season-ticket holders.

What I can't stand is the "Why should the club get my £20?" brigade. If you've no intention of paying it, then don't! Just spare us the self-indulgent lecture as I, for one, don't really give one if you're not going to turn up.