Jason Lowe

What did people think last night?

Thought he had a quiet game. Terrific shot that forced a great save but apart from that didn't seem to get out of first gear for me. Asked for the ball a few times and then gave it straight back. Obviously its tough coming straight into the team and i'm sure he will get games. Didnt see anythin special though.

Yeah, I thought he was okay but it would be harsh to judge him more severely on his first appearance. One good shot, one not so good shot (but to be fair it wasn't the easiest ball from Taylor) and he seemed to lose a bit of confidence after that - passed rather than shot when he next had a chance. I thought perhaps he was played a bit too far back.

Yeah, I thought he was okay but it would be harsh to judge him more severely on his first appearance. One good shot, one not so good shot (but to be fair it wasn't the easiest ball from Taylor) and he seemed to lose a bit of confidence after that - passed rather than shot when he next had a chance. I thought perhaps he was played a bit too far back.

Think he lost his confidence when the George Hill brigade got on his back because he chose to pass backwards rather than chip it up do three over head kicks then power it in off the underside of the bar using his chest

I thought he played well in the first half. He was unlucky not to score with the shot that the keeper saved and his passing and movement were good.

However, he seemed to disappear after the break. But I'm sure he'll make a difference over the rest of the season.

Ive not seen anything in him as he has barely played in his strongest position

when we got spanked off Soton he was the only player who put his foot on the ball and played it

he was a quality player at Hartlepool always run ring around us.

when we got spanked off Soton he was the only player who put his foot on the ball and played it

I concur. Deserves a chance. Unless he's a tw@t behind the scenes...

What is his strongest position?

I was at the Southampton game and nobody stood out as having a good game in that thrashing.

I don't recall him particularly playing well against us for Hartlepool either.

Edited by Hometownclub

What is his strongest position?

I was at the Southampton game and nobody stood out as having a good game in that thrashing.

I don't recall him particularly playing well against us for Hartlepool either.

Fair enough ,

all about opinions

Jones scored against Oldham last season at Hartlepool and if I remember rightly in one of the games against hartlepool Gregan got sent off for a late challenge on Jones.

Jones has only ever played in centre mid with Stephens and they are both similar players. He has never played in the centre with Furman and you've got to ask yourself why???? Furman is the only holding midfielder we have at the club and Jones likes to get forward so why not play them together??? Is someone frightened of them forming a good partnership? He was brought in as a central midfielder and has never been given a run of games with Furman to develop a partnership.

I thought he played well in the first half. He was unlucky not to score with the shot that the keeper saved and his passing and movement were good.

However, he seemed to disappear after the break. But I'm sure he'll make a difference over the rest of the season.

Agree with what you said hit the nail on the head.

Still would have liked Jones to be given a run in there with Furman looks like thats not going to happen now though seeing that a player with hardly any league experience is given the job. Time will tell. Seems strange when we need to sell players we put other clubs players in the shop window

Still would have liked Jones to be given a run in there with Furman looks like thats not going to happen now though seeing that a player with hardly any league experience is given the job. Time will tell. Seems strange when we need to sell players we put other clubs players in the shop window

+456,666,777

+1 on that

It seems strange that we've opted for a 19 year old from someone else's club, with next to no league experience to fill the gap in our midfield when we have both Jones and to a lesser extent Abalimba who can play that role.

I'm rapidly getting to thinking that Jones must be a shocking trainer as that's the only reason why I can think he's being overlooked for a position he states is his best position; a position he wants to play in - and the position he left Hartlepool due to not playing there enough.

Lowe huffed & puffed, but for me looked absolutely no better than what we already had on the books; so in that respect, for me; its a pointless loan.....even if he gets slightly better, so what really - he'll go back to Blackburn....and we'll be left with Jones & Abalimba woefully short of game-time & no doubt peed off that they were overlooked for a 19 year old kid in on loan.

IMO Jones needs to play for in CM from now until the end of the season, otherwise its just another waste of a wage. He needs a run now in CM to show what he can do.

Jones scored against Oldham last season at Hartlepool and if I remember rightly in one of the games against hartlepool Gregan got sent off for a late challenge on Jones.

Jones has only ever played in centre mid with Stephens and they are both similar players. He has never played in the centre with Furman and you've got to ask yourself why???? Furman is the only holding midfielder we have at the club and Jones likes to get forward so why not play them together??? Is someone frightened of them forming a good partnership? He was brought in as a central midfielder and has never been given a run of games with Furman to develop a partnership.

i,m with you on this one terry you make some very good points,i cant understand why lowe was brought in when jones is itching to get in the side,if lowe was any better then fair enough but he isn,t.the sad thing is jones will probably be off in the summer and we will have missed out on a good player.

+1 on that

It seems strange that we've opted for a 19 year old from someone else's club, with next to no league experience to fill the gap in our midfield when we have both Jones and to a lesser extent Abalimba who can play that role.

I'm rapidly getting to thinking that Jones must be a shocking trainer as that's the only reason why I can think he's being overlooked for a position he states is his best position; a position he wants to play in - and the position he left Hartlepool due to not playing there enough.

Lowe huffed & puffed, but for me looked absolutely no better than what we already had on the books; so in that respect, for me; its a pointless loan.....even if he gets slightly better, so what really - he'll go back to Blackburn....and we'll be left with Jones & Abalimba woefully short of game-time & no doubt peed off that they were overlooked for a 19 year old kid in on loan.

IMO Jones needs to play for in CM from now until the end of the season, otherwise its just another waste of a wage. He needs a run now in CM to show what he can do.

Wow some sense,

great post Sly , but you do know Jones is :censored: and the haters wont see your argument

We did it with Mantom and now Lowe , utterly pointless

Wow some sense,

great post Sly , but you do know Jones is :censored: and the haters wont see your argument

We did it with Mantom and now Lowe , utterly pointless

Great post? Why because he happens to agree with you. :lol:

Who are these Jones haters? I presume you mean people expressing an opinion on a player from what they have seen of him, who don't agree with you and happen to think he's the answer to all our current crap none scoring playing problems.

Dickov also seems to agree and at the end of the day his is the only opinion that really matters.

Be careful you don't get accused of being a Lowe/Mantom hater, its a fine line.

Great post? Why because he happens to agree with you. :lol:

Who are these Jones haters? I presume you mean people expressing an opinion on a player from what they have seen of him, who don't agree with you and happen to think he's the answer to all our current crap none scoring playing problems.

Dickov also seems to agree and at the end of the day his is the only opinion that really matters.

Be careful you don't get accused of being a Lowe/Mantom hater, its a fine line.

no I said it was a great post because we are using other clubs youngsters who dont look any better than our "own" players. I would have liked Jones to play 5 games in the middle then for people to form an opinion. instead he isnt getting a sniff and we keep loaning in other players ,

and I dont happen to think Lowe will be the answer to our goal scoring problems ,

a decent striker would have been

even if Lowe turns out to be decent and much better than Jones he is just going to bugger off at the end of the season and we are left with Jones still not knowing if hes much kop or not.

You could say I am writing Lowe off too soon but I'd rather see my own teams player than someone elses kids

Edited by razza699

no I said it was a great post because we are using other clubs youngsters who dont look any better than our "own" players. I would have liked Jones to play 5 games in the middle then for people to form an opinion. instead he isnt getting a sniff and we keep loaning in other players ,

and I dont happen to think Lowe will be the answer to our goal scoring problems ,

a decent striker would have been

even if Lowe turns out to be decent and much better than Jones he is just going to bugger off at the end of the season and we are left with Jones still not knowing if hes much kop or not.

You could say I am writing Lowe off too soon but I'd rather see my own teams player than someone elses kids

I agree that we have some unnecessary loanees at the moment especially given our current dire cashflow situation.

I thought Jones looked okay early in the season, but his performances gradually deteriorated for me and I particularly remember him coming on at home to Exeter when we were 3-0 up and we drew 3-3, not entirely down to him of course but he didn't have a clue what he was doing when he came on and that memory of him has really stuck with me since.

The player I would like to see back in the first team is Alessandra who like Jones looked good in the early part of the season, until he got injured, I have read reports on here from some that Alessandra isn't a good trainer, so that might explain why he appears to be out of favour with Dickov.

I'd like that too but my priority is to see a team that has best chance of winning - and I'm prepared to give Dickov credit for knowing that better than me.

There are times when "someone else's kids" are a much better selection than players on the books - just think of the difference Kilkenny, Croft, and Hughes made.

I'd like that too but my priority is to see a team that has best chance of winning - and I'm prepared to give Dickov credit for knowing that better than me.

There are times when "someone else's kids" are a much better selection than players on the books - just think of the difference Kilkenny, Croft, and Hughes made.

fair enough , but when killkenny , Croft and hughes were in the team there wasnt anyone in our squad that could have played there was there?