Next season

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you keep out of this current squad for next season ?

Lee

Furman

Taylor

Mvoto

Morais - maybe

Tounkare

That's a for me.

Black

Tarkowski

Stephens

Evina

Brill

May not be ideal but I am assuming you mean given the financial constraints that would make bringing in significantly better players very difficult

Edited by LaticsPete

Who would you keep out of this current squad for next season ?

Lee

Furman

Taylor

Mvoto

Morais - maybe

Tounkare

That's a for me.

Morais is a no brainer , he's by far the quality of player we need to be building around ,

most skillful player Ive seen at this club since Lourenco

Whos contracts run out in summer?

I dont think we can afford to be paying up contracts.

To the best of my recollection only the following players are contracted for next season:

Taylor

Stephens

Lee

Furman

Jones

Feeney

and I think Morais and Reid have "options" for next season. What that means exactly, is a mystery to me.

Of those you would expect Stephens to go (and maybe Taylor if we are desperate for cash) and i'm sure Dickov would happily offload Jones and Feeney if he can.

Not sure about some of the young pros like Bembo-Leta, Brooke, McGrath, Millar. Although I would have thought Winchester and Tarkowski were tied up.

So basically Dickov has a real chance to do some serious summer team remodelling for next season. Unlike last year where he inherited a hell of alot of overpaid deadwood.

Should be interesting.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

To the best of my recollection only the following players are contracted for next season:

Taylor

Stephens

Furman

Jones

Feeney

and I think Morais and Reid have "options" for next season. What that means exactly, is a mystery to me.

Of those you would expect Stephens to go (and maybe Taylor if we are desperate for cash) and i'm sure Dickov

would happily offload Jones and Feeney if he can.

Not sure about some of the young pros like Bembo-Leta, Brooke, McGrath, Millar. Although I would have thought Winchester and Tarkowski were tied up.

So basically Dickov has a real chance to do some serious summer team remodelling for next season. Unlike last year where he inherited a hell of alot of overpaid deadwood.

Should be interesting.

You missed out Lee too he has signed new contract

If Dowie is touting himself about, I'd gladly allow Paul Dickhead to leave and get Dowie back..

OK I'll bite

Care to elaborate?

Is it the poor form of rookie manager learnign the ropes who needs to be give time rather than knee jerk reactions and when it has always paid to stick with someone even when the going gets tough etc Paul Dickov

Or because he's Pauk Dickov from Man City?

Everyone is out of contract except for Lee, Jones, Furman, Taylor, Millar, Feeney, Brooke and Bembo-Leta (all contracted to 2012) and Stephens (2013).

That's 13 players out of contract this summer — not including Dickov — and one likely to be sold. There are also five squad players on non-contract or youth terms (Gerrard, Tarkowski, Carr, Winchester and Burns) who could walk. (The numbers exclude Crompton and Abalimba, who won't be here regardless.)

The club hasn't announced professional deals for the younger players like Tarkowski or Winchester yet. I read (I think in the Chron) that that might happen next week.

Edited by Crusoe

Taylor

Stephens

Lee

Furman

Jones

Feeney

Millar, Brooke and Bembo-Leta are all contracted for another year. Winchester and Tarkowski are still on youth terms.

It's been too large a squad this season, the vast majority will go.

I can see several youngsters and oldies released by Premiership and Championship clubs drafted in.

Add to these a sprinkling of youth team players and the usual season long supply of hit or miss loanees.

Not the ideal way to build for the future, but then again most clubs in this division are in the same boat so good management will be a key issue.

Edited by BP1960

If Dowie is touting himself about, I'd gladly allow Paul Dickhead to leave and get Dowie back..

I don't why ur going mental at dickov he's not done too badly in what is his 1st season. He got some very young players to gel and preform for the first half of the season, but the foot came of the pedal around Christmas with the bad weather and confidence / inconsistence set in because we have a young squad.

We can pretty much predict that Stephens is going to go in summer, just comments from Furmans facebook gives it away that the rest of the squad kno he aint coming bck.

SO taylor might be gone too

I think that we'll end up with lots of loan players next season then

I think regardless of who stays and who goes there'll be a lot of loans next season. I suspect there will be zero money for transfer fees. That means youth players, free transfers and gambling on unproven loan signings in the hope of sparking a bit more quality.

I think regardless of who stays and who goes there'll be a lot of loans next season. I suspect there will be zero money for transfer fees. That means youth players, free transfers and gambling on unproven loan signings in the hope of sparking a bit more quality.

i would gladly watch our own youngsters learn their trade in the first team next season, accepting that some will succeed and some will fail.

i cannot be doing with a revolving door of loanees throughout next season. it really is testing my patience with lower league football right to the limit now.

of the current squad the only players i would be very keen to see again next season are lee, furman, alessandra, morais and taylor (much as i can't stand him.) not fussed about anyone else.

:petesake:

I don't why ur going mental at dickov he's not done too badly in what is his 1st season. He got some very young players to gel and preform for the first half of the season, but the foot came of the pedal around Christmas with the bad weather and confidence / inconsistence set in because we have a young squad.

We can pretty much predict that Stephens is going to go in summer, just comments from Furmans facebook gives it away that the rest of the squad kno he aint coming bck.

SO taylor might be gone too

I think that we'll end up with lots of loan players next season then

What's Furman been saying? If we go off what most on here think, we won't even have a club next season never mind loan players!

Edited by JWhite101

Smalley's out of contract this summer.

......and will be no doubt signing on for shez at Chesterfield.

I'm happy that Bembo-Lita has another year; I think he could turn out to be a good player for us; once he recovers from his serious injury.

I hope Feeney is moved on; and i expect Stephens to be sold....other than that; I hope & expect that the other contracted players all stay on.