Not sure quite what this means

In case you haven't heard, or didn't read my post thoroughly, the 553 units are not going ahead, due to market forces.

that was at the time though. Couldn't these plans be re-visited and maybe even scaled down abit or done in phases? I may be putting 2+2 together and coming up with 12 but it seems coincidental that the same week the developers re-appear sc says a new stand on the broadway site is a possibility.

that was at the time though. Couldn't these plans be re-visited and maybe even scaled down abit or done in phases? I may be putting 2+2 together and coming up with 12 but it seems coincidental that the same week the developers re-appear sc says a new stand on the broadway site is a possibility.

It was only outline planning permission for the 553 units. Detailed planning permission would need to be obtained, and you know what that means. Where there's a will, there's a way, subject to market forces.

As i've posted before, the whole original idea of this development at the back of the Chaddy was put forward by Holroy as a proposal to fund the new Broadway Stand and help the club move forward in a stadium that could generate at least some extra-income, just as discussions seemed to be getting off the ground the ex-owners changed direction and the Failsworth plan was seen to be the way forward. The idea of building these houses though was continued and is being funded by The ex-owners themselves…now that financial issues that had been stalling the project have been overcome.

As i've posted before, the whole original idea of this development at the back of the Chaddy was put forward by Holroy as a proposal to fund the new Broadway Stand and help the club move forward in a stadium that could generate at least some extra-income, just as discussions seemed to be getting off the ground the ex-owners changed direction and the Failsworth plan was seen to be the way forward. The idea of building these houses though was continued and is being funded by The ex-owners themselves…now that financial issues that had been stalling the project have been overcome.

This is how the Chron reported it.

rarely wrong

so it's not 553 houses now it's 94 if the chron are right. even that at £150k each(based on an estimated minimum) would fetch in £14.1mil for whoever is profiting. baring in mind the houses currently up for sale are £250k i would guess you're talking closer to £20mil though.

so it's not 553 houses now it's 94 if the chron are right. even that at £150k each(based on an estimated minimum) would fetch in £14.1mil for whoever is profiting. baring in mind the houses currently up for sale are £250k i would guess you're talking closer to £20mil though.

There is a mixture, if you scroll down, from 160k to 250k.

The 10 currently would go for £2.01m, so the £20 for 94 is probably pretty spot on.

This makes you wonder, what portion of the debt that could be paid off

We know £7m for the stadium

£3m for running costs built up in Directors Loans.

What would Failsworth costs be, I recall being suprised at the amount.

Holroy would have a cut, understandably, and the actual building costs. I am sure I read somewhere, build costs are roughly half the selling price, can anyone confirm that?

So £1m profit on the homes?

Less Holroy cut

How much will the TTA Blitz make, and you'd hope that some of the debt would be erased, but would it be much more than £1/2million?

Edited by singe

Sometimes, on non-match days when taking my late Mum to the Hospital, I had to drop her off at the waiting room, and then drive as far as your road, or even to the bottom of Furterwood Road, to find somewhere to park, before walking back to the waiting room.

No doubt the new Boundary Park cul-de-sac will be 'residents only' parking, even on non-match days.

The council actually tried introducing a permit parking scheme last year, during the close season if memory serves.

Only one permit per household, to be displayed all the time and not just on match days, at a cost of £200+ a year.

We were asked to vote on this, and I assume the majority rejected the proposal (I did) as I have heard nothing since.

A lot of concern has been expressed previously on the basis that the developer would not build and offer these houses for sale while the BP statium still existed.

Just to recap, the area surrounding the BP stadium was going to be built on, regardless of whether BP was redeveloped or the Club moved to Failsworth. The site of the stadium itself would only be demolished, and the site redeveloped for housing, when the Failsworth Stadium was up and running.

The outline planning permission granted on 26th March 2007 was for residential apartments (553 Units) and key worker housing (140 Units). TTA say market forces killed off that proposal.

Since then planning permission has been granted for the dwellings being erected behind the Chaddy end, with the money from the sale of the land being used towards the Failsworth proposal. Those dwellings are being offered for sale, with prospective purchasers advised that the site is at the edge of Boundary Park Football Stadium. So purchasers are not being led to believe the Stadium is to be demolished.

On 2nd March 2010, a planning application was registered re land east of Oldham Athletic FC, Furtherwood Road (beyond the RRE). Proposal: Construction of a new building ranging from three to six storeys and providing 140 units of key worker accommodation (Class C3) together with a health centre (Class D1) with associated car parking and landscaping. That application has not yet been decided.

The planning permission granted on 26th March 2007 was for demolition of the existing and construction of a new north stand, with a capacity in the region of 5,200 seats and accommodation comprising club, spectator facilities, conferencing/banqueting facilities and lettable office space, together with associated landscaping and external works. That is what the majority of supporters prefer rather than to move away from BP. The question is, is that proposed development viable?

We have to be patient while we wait and see.

As the area around the stadium around the stadium is owned by Brassbank which is owned by property developer Simon Blitz then effectively he could build on this land sell the houses and pocket the profit he has no obligation to put it back into building a stadium though does he. With less opportunity to develop around the ground then surely we are even less an attractive opportunity for any potential owners right?

Edited by GlossopLatic

As the area around the stadium around the stadium is owned by Brassbank which is owned by property developer Simon Blitz then effectively he could build on this land sell the houses and pocket the profit he has no obligation to put it back into building a stadium though does he. With less opportunity to develop around the ground then surely we are even less an attractive opportunity for any potential owners right?

When planning permission was granted after we marched for it... My simply head presumed that the land around the stadium would be developed raising funds for the rebuilding of the ground. Considering we are stuck at BP now and SC said the other day that there was no money for plan B, build a 6,000 seater stand where the lookers was, that the money from the development around the ground isn't going towards the stadium... or did the club seriously spunk all that money on Failsworth ?

Edited by oafc0000

When planning permission was granted after we marched for it... My simply head presumed that the land around the stadium would be developed raising funds for the rebuilding of the ground. Considering we are stuck at BP now and SC said the other day that there was no money for plan B, build a 6,000 seater stand where the lookers was, that the money from the development around the ground isn't going towards the stadium... or did the club seriously spunk all that money on Failsworth ?

I suppose it would be foolish of me to suggest asking SC via email.

The point is to get your questions answered by the man in the know, even if you find the answers hard to believe.

If I wanted the spin I would waste my time reading your posts summing up the press releases from the club over the last 7 years...