Not sure quite what this means

...but it appears building work has resumed at the back of the Chaddy after laying dormant for several months.

There were a half dozen or so bods walking around the site last Friday morning, fluo vests, hard hats, clip boards etc...

Have just got home from work and there is a few guys there now, as well as a "digger" of some sort (I'm not a builder, obv.) and what looks like fresh supples of bricks etc..

Could mean nothing of course, but thought I would share with the class.

I think they encountered some sort of trouble with the land, either it was contaminated or they hadnt done something right with the foundations, so work has had to stop until the problem was resolved. Pretty sure it was something along those lines. Have Latics employed a contractor to run the works and Latics sell the properties, or did they sell the land to a developer and therefore no matter what happens at the back its irrelevant to Latics?

...but it appears building work has resumed at the back of the Chaddy after laying dormant for several months.

There were a half dozen or so bods walking around the site last Friday morning, fluo vests, hard hats, clip boards etc...

Have just got home from work and there is a few guys there now, as well as a "digger" of some sort (I'm not a builder, obv.) and what looks like fresh supples of bricks etc..

Could mean nothing of course, but thought I would share with the class.

they are re enforcing the cage they keep Tounkara and M'voto in

I think they encountered some sort of trouble with the land, either it was contaminated or they hadnt done something right with the foundations, so work has had to stop until the problem was resolved. Pretty sure it was something along those lines. Have Latics employed a contractor to run the works and Latics sell the properties, or did they sell the land to a developer and therefore no matter what happens at the back its irrelevant to Latics?

Latics? Latics have nothing whatsoever to do with any of it apart from being moved eventually.

The town offers first class facilities including a good public transport system, supermarkets, restaurants, pubs, libraries, a choice of doctors and dental surgeries and excellent schooling and all levels.

The town has supermarkets, pubs, schools and even healthcare!

Yay - it's the place to be!

Edited by opinions4u

IF we stay at BP long term I bet the developer here won't be too pleased! I would imagine the houses won't be worth anywhere near as much with a football stadium as a back garden!

I always wanted to live next door to Boundary Park!

IF we stay at BP long term I bet the developer here won't be too pleased! I would imagine the houses won't be worth anywhere near as much with a football stadium as a back garden!

It's only busy round there on about 25 days, or 125 hours, a year. A quiet cul-de-sac the rest of the time and plenty of open space for the kids to play or to walk the dog. Away from all that busy street parking and those cheaper key worker dwellings behind the RRE. Within walking distance of, but not affected by, the Hospital with its state-of-the-art facilities, B & Q and a pub/restaurant with adjacent motel to accommodate visitors.

I should have been in marketing, eh Harry? :wink:

It's only busy round there on about 25 days, or 125 hours, a year. A quiet cul-de-sac the rest of the time and plenty of open space for the kids to play or to walk the dog. Away from all that busy street parking and those cheaper key worker dwellings behind the RRE. Within walking distance of, but not affected by, the Hospital with its state-of-the-art facilities, B & Q and a pub/restaurant with adjacent motel to accommodate visitors.

I should have been in marketing, eh Harry? :wink:

I am sure the commision will come in handy!

Am I the only one a little worried by this :unsure:

A lot of concern has been expressed previously on the basis that the developer would not build and offer these houses for sale while the BP statium still existed.

Just to recap, the area surrounding the BP stadium was going to be built on, regardless of whether BP was redeveloped or the Club moved to Failsworth. The site of the stadium itself would only be demolished, and the site redeveloped for housing, when the Failsworth Stadium was up and running.

The outline planning permission granted on 26th March 2007 was for residential apartments (553 Units) and key worker housing (140 Units). TTA say market forces killed off that proposal.

Since then planning permission has been granted for the dwellings being erected behind the Chaddy end, with the money from the sale of the land being used towards the Failsworth proposal. Those dwellings are being offered for sale, with prospective purchasers advised that the site is “at the edge of Boundary Park Football Stadium”. So purchasers are not being led to believe the Stadium is to be demolished.

On 2nd March 2010, a planning application was registered re land east of Oldham Athletic FC, Furtherwood Road (beyond the RRE). Proposal: Construction of a new building ranging from three to six storeys and providing 140 units of key worker accommodation (Class C3) together with a health centre (Class D1) with associated car parking and landscaping. That application has not yet been decided.

The planning permission granted on 26th March 2007 was for demolition of the existing and construction of a new north stand, with a capacity in the region of 5,200 seats and accommodation comprising club, spectator facilities, conferencing/banqueting facilities and lettable office space, together with associated landscaping and external works. That is what the majority of supporters prefer rather than to move away from BP. The question is, is that proposed development viable?

We have to be patient while we wait and see.

I can thoroughly recommend it!

Been in Kenwood Rd coming up to four years now, and it is pretty much exactly as Diego was "selling" it.

Sometimes, on non-match days when taking my late Mum to the Hospital, I had to drop her off at the waiting room, and then drive as far as your road, or even to the bottom of Furterwood Road, to find somewhere to park, before walking back to the waiting room.

No doubt the new Boundary Park cul-de-sac will be 'residents only' parking, even on non-match days.

A lot of concern has been expressed previously on the basis that the developer would not build and offer these houses for sale while the BP statium still existed.

Just to recap, the area surrounding the BP stadium was going to be built on, regardless of whether BP was redeveloped or the Club moved to Failsworth. The site of the stadium itself would only be demolished, and the site redeveloped for housing, when the Failsworth Stadium was up and running.

The outline planning permission granted on 26th March 2007 was for residential apartments (553 Units) and key worker housing (140 Units). TTA say market forces killed off that proposal.

Since then planning permission has been granted for the dwellings being erected behind the Chaddy end, with the money from the sale of the land being used towards the Failsworth proposal. Those dwellings are being offered for sale, with prospective purchasers advised that the site is “at the edge of Boundary Park Football Stadium”. So purchasers are not being led to believe the Stadium is to be demolished.

On 2nd March 2010, a planning application was registered re land east of Oldham Athletic FC, Furtherwood Road (beyond the RRE). Proposal: Construction of a new building ranging from three to six storeys and providing 140 units of key worker accommodation (Class C3) together with a health centre (Class D1) with associated car parking and landscaping. That application has not yet been decided.

The planning permission granted on 26th March 2007 was for demolition of the existing and construction of a new north stand, with a capacity in the region of 5,200 seats and accommodation comprising club, spectator facilities, conferencing/banqueting facilities and lettable office space, together with associated landscaping and external works. That is what the majority of supporters prefer rather than to move away from BP. The question is, is that proposed development viable?

We have to be patient while we wait and see.

if my maths are correct, that's 250k per house and 10 houses. That's £2.5m to start with. And with 553 to be built in total just on the residential housing there's a mint to be made somewhere. Just who would make the money though? Lets say for arguments sake all the 553 average £150k each then that's just short of £83million. And that's before the key worker housing etc.

if my maths are correct, that's 250k per house and 10 houses. That's £2.5m to start with. And with 553 to be built in total just on the residential housing there's a mint to be made somewhere. Just who would make the money though? Lets say for arguments sake all the 553 average £150k each then that's just short of £83million. And that's before the key worker housing etc.

In case you haven't heard, or didn't read my post thoroughly, the 553 units are not going ahead, due to market forces.