Latics Player 'Sent Home'

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess his chances of getting another contract are over.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2341289,00.html

I hope that this isnt a white wash and we hear the players side of events.

But if the clubs version is untrue, then they will stop the player giving his side of the story. Ive heard a different story than that on the official site. This and it invloved a face to face argument with a senior coach, in which shop floor language was used, nothing more nothing less, which caused a massive over reaction by the senior coach.

Edited by terry tibbs

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2341289,00.html

I hope that this isnt a white wash and we hear the players side of events.

But if the clubs version is untrue, then they will stop the player giving his side of the story. Ive heard a different story than that on the official site. This and it invloved a face to face argument with a senior coach, in which shop floor language was used, nothing more nothing less, which caused a massive over reaction by the senior coach.

Jones being told that he wasn’t starting the game; losing his place to Lowe – disappointed & upset. Nothing wrong with that reaction; shows he wants to play & be involved. I’d be more concerned if he just happily accepted it; as that shows he’s just happy to take the wage without playing.....

If he then overstepped the mark with what followed; well – I’d back a disciplinary for that, be it a stand off & verbal’s with a ‘senior coach’, worse or less. You have to have rules, discipline & a code of conduct otherwise you have anarchy rule.

he didnt deserve to play after his non existent performance against Charlton anyway

if his contract is up at the end of the season, let him go

never looked happy on the right, not good eneough in the middle with or without the ball

downhill after an ok 1st game of the season

now if we could just get rid of hazell

I don't condone Jones walking out on the team as it's unprofessional in the extreme, but I think that he's been a bit harshly treated by Dickov. Dickov can pick whatever team he wants but it seemed logical to me to give Jones a chance when Stephens left instead of signing an unproven replacement. He's not been too bad when I've seen him on the right and he's seldom been given the chance to show what he can do through the middle.

Not that this a dig at Lowe who's done OK so far, but I don't think things would've been much different if Jones had started instead.

Don't know if this is true or not, just what I heard at Yeovil, but if Jones plays one more game it triggers a clause meaning more money to Hartlepool, hence probably no more appearances in a blue shirt.

Can anyone confirm?

Pretty certain he was out of contract when we signed him, so wouldn't have needed to pay a fee at all.

Don't know if this is true or not, just what I heard at Yeovil, but if Jones plays one more game it triggers a clause meaning more money to Hartlepool, hence probably no more appearances in a blue shirt.

Can anyone confirm?

We got him on a free transfer so would think now.

However, would not surprise me if he made one more appearance it triggers a clause that gives him another 12 months

he didnt deserve to play after his non existent performance against Charlton anyway

if his contract is up at the end of the season, let him go

never looked happy on the right, not good eneough in the middle with or without the ball

downhill after an ok 1st game of the season

now if we could just get rid of hazell

the whole team were non existent in the first half and in the second half he was one of the only players that had any attempt on goal - a header on to the top of the net and a shot just wide of the post.

We got him on a free transfer so would think now.

However, would not surprise me if he made one more appearance it triggers a clause that gives him another 12 months

<_< C'mon people!

Always seems to be unsubstantiated rumours about this kind of thing flying around doesn't there?

<_< C'mon people!

Always seems to be unsubstantiated rumours about this kind of thing flying around doesn't there?

Well little things like Lee Hughes and 20 goal bonus getting shipped out to Blackpool, Stephens having made 59 starts and 60 triggering another payment to Bury .... I can't recall other ones but fairly sure there have been .... rumour away I say!

Silly boy if he's cost himself a contract.

And was he at fault for any of the goals - oh no he wasn't. very boring this now (yawn yawn)

who are you blaming for the draw at Yeovil then against 10 men ?

Yes, have another look at them and get off your high horse, other people are allowed opinions as well as you.

Are you his mother or his wet nurse? :bigcry:

21 starts and 8 sub appearances in the league so one more to make 30 might make sense for another year... Also might explain the 2 year contract issue on another thread?

So, Jones Thought he was signing a 2 year deal outright - was actually a 1 year deal with an option of the 2nd year triggered after 30 1st team league games............oooh the plot thickens!!