The Evolution has begun

Evolution  

237 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new badge?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Indifferent
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it
  2. 2. Wat do you think of the new black kit

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Indifferent
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it
  3. 3. What do you think about moving from Keep the Faith to We Are Latics

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Indifferent
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it
  4. 4. Overall, does this help start a new era for Latics

• Yes, its an important start
    • Yes, but the stadum is more important
    • Neutral
    • No, it's purely cosmetic
    • No, the stadium is far more important, this is a waste fo time

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grin::D

I wouldn't smile... He was lording it up a couple of weeks ago how he himself couldn't be arsed going any more... I think he forgets which hat he is wearing day to day...

I think he has the loyal supporter hat on this week... He will have his pissed of at the world hat on next week...

That badge is alot worst than our new one. by a mile !!

Sorry, it's symbolic, not literal.

Basically the badge is "modern" - which only works for a very, very short period. That Swindon logo was very modern in 1991 when it was released. By 1995 it looked very dated (and as you point out, :censored:e!).

Sorry, it's symbolic, not literal.

Basically the badge is "modern" - which only works for a very, very short period. That Swindon logo was very modern in 1991 when it was released. By 1995 it looked very dated (and as you point out, :censored:e!).

I remember us having a one-off crest on a green away shirt back in the day. Hopefully this will go the same way.

I've finally been able to put my finger on what the new badge reminds me of...

Swindon_Town_FC_Badge.png

~I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier response..

mmm, I don't think it is all Mr Hardy's idea, I reckon Mr Corney had an input. Not sure where he got the gold edged shield idea from though... :wink:

arsenal-badge.jpg

Well of the people who voted so far, approximately 40 percent love or like the new badge, compared to approx 28 percent who either dislike or hate it.

and the 28% are the ones who are shouting about how they hate it and how the club's falling to pieces because of it. it's a badge, does it matter if you like it or not? what should matter is if you like the club and whether rebranding is going to be a good thing for us, which i think will.

and the 28% are the ones who are shouting about how they hate it and how the club's falling to pieces because of it. it's a badge, does it matter if you like it or not? what should matter is if you like the club and whether rebranding is going to be a good thing for us, which i think will.

I think the pertinent question here is where has this owl come from?

What's happened to the two smooching rabbits? :ranting:

If only promotions were handed out based on uniqueness, eh? Ooh, I bet all those other clubs are seething with jealousy. "Look at how great and unique they are, languishing in the lower reaches of professional football," they might say.

Obviously the Club's uniqueness is nothing to do with what happens on the pitch or off it (only one of nine clubs failing to pay players and staff on time), but it gives me a lot of pride, and I suspect it does to many other keepers of the Faith.

After all the Club is the supporters, as owners, directors, managers and players come and go. We rely on those people to keep the Club going so we can retain a pride in its uniqueness, regardless of mockery from elsewhere.

Have never been a big fan of the existing badge. I much preferred the old badge as on the 1969-70 season Tangerine shirt and 1973-74 blue shirt. Felt at the time that the change lost us our identity, but the subsequent success of the Royle era created a new identity for the club and in time the badge became accepted. Strange how a new generation now have the thoughts I had in my early 20's. Hope this new evolution leads to similar successes.

You have to start somewhere.

I prefer the new badge to the current one, but overall still prefer the 70's badge of the Owl sitting on a ball.