Shit about to the hit the fan?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a concern about paying HMRC. If they didn't have enough money to pay the players in February and March, then how the hell have they set money aside to pay the taxman?

This is the one we are okay with. We owe so much to former directors that we will automatically get a CVA pushed through. This means the taxman will get a penny in the pound. 'He' won't chase it down until he can get more than that, or liquidate us. So we have well over a million quid to run up in tax bills in reality.

This is the one we are okay with. We owe so much to former directors that we will automatically get a CVA pushed through. This means the taxman will get a penny in the pound. 'He' won't chase it down until he can get more than that, or liquidate us. So we have well over a million quid to run up in tax bills in reality.

But would still require administration.

Well, yeah. If administration is the worst case scenario I'm fairly happy.

I'm still not sure sorting this club out top to bottom in this manner would be a bad thing in the long term.

Agreed, if admin got rid of the incompetent buffoons that are taking the club backwards then so be it. Bit of an extreme gamble - especially with ground situation up in the air but I think the status quo will see us homeless and playing in the Conference within 3-5 years anyway.

I stopped going when the rumours came out about Mick Wadsworth, and i will not set foot in BP again until either the club puts out an official statement denying it or Wadsworth makes an honest man of Danny Boshell.

FFS, if people don't want to go anymore, that's their choice. If you really feel the need to justify it, try to come up with a better excuse than grammatically-challenged rumours on a message board.

This getting beyond a joke, Corney has done a decent job he has made mistakes and dropped the bollack but show me anyone anywhere in the world who hasn't. I always felt that even though many dislike Corney there was a sort of acknowledgment that we need him to you know surivive. Some apprently like the idea of administration to get rid of him, well that just mental. My big toe been painful recently, I know I'll shoot it that will sort the bugger out.

Administration would not sort the club out, not exacatly helped Portsmouth has it? The personal mistrust and dislike towards a man who has spent more money keeping us going since 2004 then the majority of Oldham fans have put together, has really gone to far. As for the he doesn't go to games anymore argument, well neather do most Oldham fans thats why we stuck where we are.

Edited by oldhamandy1

Administration would not sort the club out, not exacatly helped Portsmouth has it?

Southampton on the other hand look to have done rather well out of their financial meltdown.

Leeds took their time, but are probably in a better financial position than they've had for decades.

Portsmouth are still two leagues higher than they were when I started watching football.

Stockport on the other hand are sunk with little hope of return.

My comments weren't actually aimed at Corney. But I do think the football club is resistant to changing the way it operates. Perhaps its a case of "let's not do anything until we've got a new stadium".

As for the he doesn't go to games anymore argument, well neather do most Oldham fans thats why we stuck where we are.

Most Oldham fans aren't the Chairman of the football club. So that's a strange one to throw in.

(By all accounts he was at yesterday's game)

Edited by opinions4u

First of all, season tickets:

IF the club went in to administration, any buyer would honour season tickets. They would be absolutely mad not to. Football would still be played. Games would still be won and lost. Life would continue. If the club was liquidated, then that's a different situation. But I don't see that as a likely outcome.

As for Section 75 Consumer Credit Act protection for credit card purchase of season tickets, it wouldn't apply as a third party agent collects those payments, not Oldham Athletic. So you might as well just buy your season ticket directly from the football club and pay with cheque, cash or debit card.

As for the other points:

1.NON PLAYING STAFF NOT BEEN PAID FOR 7 WEEKS - I think this would be common knowledge by now. I also think it's far more likely that staff not linked to the playing side would be paid first and the players last (as the option of a PFA loan to pay wages is not unheard of).

2.STAFF REPORTED CLUB TO THE UNIONS - I feel their pain.

3.LARGE BILL FROM INLAND REVENUE NOT BEEN PAID - This is my big worry. Have they set money aside to pay the inevitable bill when it come?

4.PLAYERS ON LOAN OR LEFT BY WAY OF SETTLEMENT NOT PAID FOR 12 WEEK AND WE ON VERGE OF BEING REPORTED TO FA,PFA AND FOOTBALL LEAGUE - I assume this means the likes of Smalley. Is anybody else out on loan?

5.CORNY AND AND HARDY NOT SPOKE TO EACHOTHER FOR WEEKS - probably prompted by the "Corney never goes" story.

6.GREEGAN INVITED TO DO HALF TIME DRAW TOMOZ BUT IT WAS ALL KEPT HUSH HUSH FROM DICKOV WHO IS NOT VERY HAPPY.. - I suspect Dickov's thicker skinned than that.

7.CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS SNIFFING AROUND DICKOV AND AS HES A MANAGER WHO ALWAYS LOOKS TO THE FUTURE HE HAS SAID HIS NEW BUDGET FOR NEXT YEAR DOESNT SHOW THAT. - not yet.

8.SEASON TICKET MONEY HELPS US THROUGH JUNE,JULY AND AUGUST IN THE PAST BUT THIS YEAR ITS GOING STEIGHT TO CREDITORS... always a risk that those running the club don't set the money aside to last a full season. I also think they club do actually budget quite carefully - the big unknown is attendances and these fell further than they deserved to this season.

Personally I think there are a range of exaggerations based on known events. There's not much money in the Latics jam jar.

But I've bought the season ticket and I don't think this sort of rumour should stop anybody else doing the same.

Following on from the excellent post above, IF the club goes into administration the same thing would happen with our season tickets as happened last time. IF the club was liquidated we (season ticket holders) would effectively become a creditor as we have paid for services which have not been delivered (ie the games the liquidated club are not playing) - However we would be at the very bottom of a very long list and likely to get sweet FA back. Especially as most agreements end up being a small percentage in the £ (eg 10p for each £1 owed). This would amount to about £3 each on a season ticket less the games already seen & cost of administrating refunds probably be less than a quid!

6.GREEGAN INVITED TO DO HALF TIME DRAW TOMOZ BUT IT WAS ALL KEPT HUSH HUSH FROM DICKOV WHO IS NOT VERY HAPPY.. - I suspect Dickov's thicker skinned than that.

In addition to opinions4u's response I'd also add to this that Dickov spent time in a Spanish jail falsely charged with Rape whilst he was a Leicester City player. This horrendous experience alone would have such a major effect on your outlook on life and people in general that a clash of personalities between Dickov & Greegan (if they even exist) would be tantamount to him being unhappy that Gregan pulls a couple of tickets out of a wooden box!

I did hear Gregan was SUPPOSED to be doing the H/T draw yesterday, but given the fact that Fleetwood got beaten in the first leg of the play offs, chances are his club had more pressing matters than to allow him time to return to his old club!

Southampton on the other hand look to have done rather well out of their financial meltdown.

Leeds took their time, but are probably in a better financial position than they've had for decades.

Portsmouth are still two leagues higher than they were when I started watching football.

Stockport on the other hand are sunk with little hope of return.

My comments weren't actually aimed at Corney. But I do think the football club is resistant to changing the way it operates. Perhaps its a case of "let's not do anything until we've got a new stadium".

Most Oldham fans aren't the Chairman of the football club. So that's a strange one to throw in.

(By all accounts he was at yesterday's game)

Portsmouth (seemingly) Leeds and Southampton have got one thing in common, people want to invest in them. We have got one thing in common with Stockport, people don't

!

I can confirm 100% that we do not owe anything to the Inland Revenue, and the chances of paying anything late in the future are 0% as the Inland Revenue do not exist.

If only HMRC didn't exist as well ...

(your other post makes a valid point too)

Anybody else watch 'Lord Suger tackles football' last night on BBC2? quite interesting though nothing really came out that we didn't already know.

Completely skimmed over how to actually deal with the issues - Wigan £70m in debt, hope Whelan pops it soon….but only after they've been relegated….

Completely skimmed over how to actually deal with the issues - Wigan £70m in debt, hope Whelan pops it soon….but only after they've been relegated….

Aye, in debt to him though. Probably included the stadium costs including surrounding land he now rents off to the outlet stores, cost of buying the club etc in that too. He tends to big himself up does our Dave.

Overall I thought it a pretty poor programme. It said so we've spoken to the former player. AS if one former players was going to give the answers. Cannot imagine that Shearer will be happy with that editing.

Just one person form each major facet.

Given that they interviewed Redknapp and he claimed he knew nothing of their wages/fees, yet is known to have creamed off a percentage he must have some inkling... they skimmed over that. Or is it that he choose/was forced not get get invlioved given his dodgy record, it did not look into whether the majority know the players wages for example.

I just think it's a little sad that untold riches were brought in to the game by Sky subscribers, and that money has been allowed to walk out of the country in the pockets of foreign footballers, many of whom were no better than the Englishmen they pushed in to lower divisions.

Meanwhile somebody like Peter Reid is selling his medals to pay staff at Plymouth Argyle, a founder member of the Premier League can't even maintan 4 stands at its ground and the nation can't even secure the hosting of a World Cup.