Thieving...

FULL-TIME Wigan 3-2 West Ham

Chief football writer Phil McNulty reports from the DW Stadium: "Where to start after a stunning afternoon at The DW Stadium? "The Great Escape" blares out and Wigan's supporters are on the pitch in celebration

Urgh..

What great escape? They're as good as down. Stoke'll murder 'em at Britannia.

They're all wrong for Wigan. Terrible fixture to have to survive on.

Good riddance to them.

West Ham are down already and with Brum at Spurs and Blackpooh at ManUre you have to now fancy Wigan to get a bit of something at the Britannia?

I can see Blackpool getting something at OT, against a reserve side. The only thing Fergie's going to be thinking about is Barca.

I hope Blackburn go down after choosing not to try and get the ball off United for the last ten mins yesterday.

What great escape? They're as good as down. Stoke'll murder 'em at Britannia.

Good. Their pitch invasion today and goading of the away fans was exactly like the game we lost there in the play-off season under Dowie.

Awful club, awful supporters.

I can see Blackpool getting something at OT, against a reserve side. The only thing Fergie's going to be thinking about is Barca.

I hope Blackburn go down after choosing not to try and get the ball off United for the last ten mins yesterday.

Schakle might of been thinking the same thing..

Good. Their pitch invasion today and goading of the away fans was exactly like the game we lost there in the play-off season under Dowie.

Awful club, awful supporters.

They had a couple of hundred schoolkids goad us when we took 4k there that time. I have no doubt some of our younger fans would've done the same - I definitely recall some of ours doing it V Bradford a couple of seasons after.

Edited by Yard Dog

They had a couple of hundred schoolkids goad us when we took 4k there that time. I have no doubt some of our younger fans would've done the same - I definitely recall some of ours doing it V Bradford a couple of seasons after.

Probably....

Doesn't make me like Wigan any more, though.

taggart is playing half his first team against Blackpool and the other half in Nevilles testimonial apparently

I reckon they need all 3 points, they are only going to get 1 at very best!

to be fair from what I recall from that day I think almost everyone who ran on the pitch that day ran on to goad us and there was a lot of them

They'll stay up now, if you're in a relegation scrap and need a result you should beat a mid-table team and Birmingham didn't do that today

I reckon they need all 3 points, they are only going to get 1 at very best!

It's possible they could lose and stay up - if Brum lose by more goals. It'll be an interesting last day of the season at that end of the table.