Latics to consider legal action against Jacobsen

Thay should do its scare tactics say oldham have offerd play contracts then they see this they aint gona sign, the stupid thick wazplank tosser

Mods, is there an app or section on the site for a “Translate” button because; quite frankly; what the hell is that suppose to say / mean???

----------

As for JJ’s tweet – when will people learn to think first before posting their lives over the internet? I hope we do go for him; and take legal action if the players & staff have been paid on time. When we’re out & active in the transfer market; trying to persuade players to sign for us – JJ’s tweet is extremely unhelpful; nah very damaging indeed. Sue him for ‘defamation of character’ or the equivalent for a business rather than an individual I say - & recoup some of the wasted wages we spent on him whilst he was with us! So there!!!

Mods, is there an app or section on the site for a “Translate” button because; quite frankly; what the hell is that suppose to say / mean???

----------

As for JJ’s tweet – when will people learn to think first before posting their lives over the internet? I hope we do go for him; and take legal action if the players & staff have been paid on time. When we’re out & active in the transfer market; trying to persuade players to sign for us – JJ’s tweet is extremely unhelpful; nah very damaging indeed. Sue him for ‘defamation of character’ or the equivalent for a business rather than an individual I say - & recoup some of the wasted wages we spent on him whilst he was with us! So there!!!

more money than sense

It would probably cost us more in legal fees and bad publicity (the club that sues its ex-players) than we'd recoup from the savings of a mediocre League Two footballer.

The best way out for the club is a strong statement on the website that wages have been paid, then move on. I hope the legal threats don't get pushed further. I doubt the club would do more than looking vindictive (regardless of being in the right).

It would probably cost us more in legal fees and bad publicity (the club that sues its ex-players) than we'd recoup from the savings of a mediocre League Two footballer.

The best way out for the club is a strong statement on the website that wages have been paid, then move on. I hope the legal threats don't get pushed further. I doubt the club would do more than looking vindictive (regardless of being in the right).

stop being sensible - I'm out for blood; sue him I say; sue him bad!!! :ranting::ranting::ranting::wink:

:ranting:

Good job know one gives a f*ck about the tosser as someone could of read that.

Total bitter disgrace, hopefully if we sue him, we can put that towards the wage bill.

That would be a tad ironic.

Edit: Maybe I'm being to harsh, but that was scare mongering plain and simple. And like Qwerty said, if a player reads that prior to signing a contract with us, it'll scare him out of it.

Edited by SholverBlue

jacobsonjoe jacobson

Apologies if people and the club took my comments in the wrong context

How the hell can he say this..watta pr*ck..hope we sue the balls off him

"Wrong context"??? only one context he meant them in . Hope it puts other clubs off him if he ever looks for one.

"Wrong context"??? only one context he meant them in . Hope it puts other clubs off him if he ever looks for one.

this is what i tweeted to him

blazeydrivermichael smith

@

@joe_jacobson wrong context? we all knew EXACTLY what you said ,just it was a LIE

I saw his tweet also, how can 'The Oldham boys not been paid again club out of order' and later 'not been paid on time three out of four months' possibly been out of context? Seems pretty clear to me, don't know about anyone else.

Scaremongering from a bitter ex-player, or is he just plain thick?

So Jacobsen was a) wrong, b.) put it on twitter, and c) questioned the context of his statement that could, really, have only been taken one way.

Maybe he could get a lift with Deano and see if he can get into Oxford University....

Edited by JoeP

Pretty petty all round really.

agree it is all handbags, but as O4U says he could have had a serious inpact on ST sales, and still could.

There are plenty that will still believe it, even now.

It could still harm full price ST sales

Thing is, we'd be here all day taking legal action against people who've potentially cost the club a few bob.

All it takes is a quick one liner to say we have paid the players and leave it there.

Think this is just a case of the club trying to "look hard"!

It would be almost impossible to actually sue him - we'd have to prove financial loss as a result of his actions which would be difficult. Even if we did sue him and won, he'd just declare himself bankrupt and we'd get nowt anyway.

Did I read in another thread he lives with Furmanator? Not sure we want him bad-mouthing us at home and encouraging Furman to go.

Think this is just a case of the club trying to "look hard"!

It would be almost impossible to actually sue him - we'd have to prove financial loss as a result of his actions which would be difficult. Even if we did sue him and won, he'd just declare himself bankrupt and we'd get nowt anyway.

Did I read in another thread he lives with Furmanator? Not sure we want him bad-mouthing us at home and encouraging Furman to go.

Who said anything about sueing him?

Legal action to stop him repeating falsehoods is not an uncommon act. A simple injunction (not a super one).