• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...from Sky Sports....

The 19-year-old snubbed the offer for personal reasons because he wants to be closer to his family in London or return to his native France.

Evina joined Oldham in January on short-team deal after being released by Premier League giants Arsenal.

The news of his desire to move south is likely to alert a number of clubs following his impressive performances at Boundary Park.

Having initially joined Oldham on loan last summer, Evina went on play 28 times last season and score two goals.

shame , but not as gutted as I will be if we get the news about mvoto or morais

Not all that anyway, we looked a better team without him earlier in the season another one of Dickov's signings too far, that included White. Given we've offered him a deal should mean we are entitled to a fee?

shame , but not as gutted as I will be if we get the news about mvoto or morais

Tbh given the conveyor belt nature of our playing staff over the Corney and his pals tenure at BP, I couldn't give a toss who stays and who goes, we'll find able replacements we always do. What is sad is the mercenary nature of :censored:e third division players, or journeymen like Morais et al…

Evina and Morais played a big part in our final third of the season failure, if they go they go, as for Hazell well my thoughts have been well documented on him and we should have binned him 2 years ago.

Not all that anyway, we looked a better team without him earlier in the season another one of Dickov's signings too far, that included White. Given we've offered him a deal should mean we are entitled to a fee?

Really that would be good but what have we done to deserve it? Hes only been here on a 6 month contract thats expired. I thought the fees for youngsters were if you had brought them through the system?

Edited by NIKI1234

My mate who works behind the scenes at Latics on matchdays spoke to Morais a couple of weeks ago & he told my mate it was just a case of getting everyone together to sign the contract and with holidays etc he didn't expect to offical sign for a few weeks. I don't know if he was just saying that to keep him happy or not.

Tbh given the conveyor belt nature of our playing staff over the Corney and his pals tenure at BP, I couldn't give a toss who stays and who goes, we'll find able replacements we always do. What is sad is the mercenary nature of :censored:e third division players, or journeymen like Morais et al…

Evina and Morais played a big part in our final third of the season failure, if they go they go, as for Hazell well my thoughts have been well documented on him and we should have binned him 2 years ago.

Absolutely agree! It's hard to get excited with a new team everyear. I seriously think we should go back to basics and only play local players who have ideally come through our system, put more money in to that and re-invest any fees we get form the gems. I don't know why thirs division clubs are signing foreign mercenaries and journeymen who have never heard of Oldham

Absolutely agree! It's hard to get excited with a new team everyear. I seriously think we should go back to basics and only play local players who have ideally come through our system, put more money in to that and re-invest any fees we get form the gems. I don't know why thirs division clubs are signing foreign mercenaries and journeymen who have never heard of Oldham

Non league here we come

We've always had "outsiders" be they Scottish, Welsh, from Geordieland, London, etc. Right from tjhe start of the club as a professional outfit.

Edited by apple

Because clubs are scared that a policy like that might take a few seasons to start to show the results (if at all) and the club could be relegated out of existance by then.

Like it myself though.

it's a nice thought but the reality is that if we did rely on youth we'd drop like a sky-diving Hippo quicker than you can say Stockport County

Are we in line for compensation for Evina? We signed him permanently in March (albeit on a short term deal) unless I am mistaken, he's U-24 and we offered him a new deal...

Pretty sure you have to have trained and nurtured him for 3 years or something like that, the compensation fee is based on the money we would have spent in that time. Personally I thought he was dog :censored: and anyone who would pay money for him is insane. He will end up at Barnet if hes lucky.

Agree on Evina no offense to him; but If Paul Black signs up; we have a capable LB as it and young players like him (Evina) are; lets be honest, 2 a penny at Prem or Championship clubs. He was effective going forward but his defending was suspect to me oh, and dont get me started on the football in the balls incident either; the sh1t-house.

Totally disagree on Hazell you have your opinion & its your prerogative to have that opinion but mine is we should be doing all we can (hopefully we have donr) to keep Reuben on our books. We need experience; we need old heads & we need players who can add continuity instead of starting from scratch every season. IMO (and thats just it; my opinion) Reuben really isnt half as bad as some (you included Porzac) make out. Hes a solid L1 CB nothing more; but certainly nothing less. He will make the odd mistake; but for me; more oftern than not; hes a dependable player who adds much to our side. But, hey-ho you say tomato; I say........and all that.

As for this:

Well lunacy. Whilst a noble thought; wed be down in October and sink through the divisions fast than Jordan goes through Husbands...................

Edited by slystallone

it's a nice thought but the reality is that if we did rely on youth we'd drop like a sky-diving Hippo quicker than you can say Stockport County

"Sky diving Hippo" love it....why did I immediately think of Dean Windass??!!

I accept it would take time and you have to progressivly move to this system and can't do it in a couple of seasons but, I'm not sure it couldn't be done....our own "La Mesia". It is no conincidence that Barcelona players know exactly what they're doing, most of them have played together since they were 8 years old.

I honestly believe money put it to our own school (and it could be like the Barca model, ie actually a school) would be a better investment than paying wages to the likes of Feeney etc.

sod him then...lucky we offered him a deal in the first place...prob end up at Oxford with Smalley

bit harsh , he's done nothing wrong , you always say you would rather live down south and thats what he is choosing to do . If I was a young lad from france whose been living in London I dont think I'd fancy Oldham much

Officially he was our player, so it should work out the same as it did with Smalley. I'm not to fussed about Evina, i rate black a better left back than Evina.

At least he hasnt kept us waiting like Rubes and Morais. I dont think it would be a huge loss if all three went elsewhere

Who would play CB, personally i think if we signed Trotman and gave him a proper pre season i think he could do a job for us.

To be honest I would rather have rubes over Trotman, even though I think trotman is better.

You know with Rubes you will get a good 40 games a season out of him. Trotmans injury record is not the best, and given the budget the club cannot afford to carry passengers next season

could have done with keeping him for consistency because him and black was a good battle for LB. he's definitely not as bad as people say and should easily find another league one club.

hopefully now black will sign and make LB his own for a while. don't see why he wont with him being an oldhamer