Dale Stephens

If Peltier is worth £750k then Lee must be worth a million and Eardley was worth double, I've been very unimpressed with him he got torn a new one by Phil and Taylor this season.

The thing with Stephens is he has a long term contract and we already know we owe Bury a decent % (I think its 20% but I stand to be corrected) of any fee. He doesn't have the quality of Eardley or the potential of Eaves but £250k is not that much and whilst we need the money, we are not that desperate and being forced to take significantly less than true value. For the next season, unless he gets injured his value is only going to go up- as his contract doesn't run out until the end of the season after (I think). Personally if I was Dale I wouldn't go to Charlton, OK they've got more money than us and he will get paid on time, but its really a step sideways and Dale could play in the Championship fairly regularly now, look at what happened with Eardley- we sold him and 12 months later he was playing in the Premiership.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Peltier is worth £750k then Lee must be worth a million and Eardley was worth double, I've been very unimpressed with him he got torn a new one by Phil and Taylor this season.

The thing with Stephens is he has a long term contract and we already know we owe Bury a decent % (I think its 20% but I stand to be corrected) of any fee. He doesn't have the quality of Eardley or the potential of Eaves but £250k is not that much and whilst we need the money, we are not that desperate and being forced to take significantly less than true value. For the next season, unless he gets injured his value is only going to go up- as his contract doesn't run out until the end of the season after (I think). Personally if I was Dale I wouldn't go to Charlton, OK they've got more money than us and he will get paid on time, but its really a step sideways and Dale could play in the Championship fairly regularly now, look at what happened with Eardley- we sold him and 12 months later he was playing in the Premiership.

Shame your not

Sold ourselves short again if its £375k...

By the time Stephens, his agent, the FL and Bury have had their cut we'll clear about £270k, pretty :censored: that for a kid with 2 years to run on his deal and perceived as one of the hottest prospects in the FL. Dawspn went for a million, Peltier is going for 3/4's of that. Typical Latics, so much for the feckin' bidding war…..still the happy clappers will be wanking themselves senseless telling us all what a good deal it was - same as when we got 3 groats, a flaggin' of ale and a look at the bar wenches tits for Eardley….

By the time Stephens, his agent, the FL and Bury have had their cut we'll clear about £270k, pretty :censored: that for a kid with 2 years to run on his deal and perceived as one of the hottest prospects in the FL. Dawspn went for a million, Peltier is going for 3/4's of that. Typical Latics, so much for the feckin' bidding war…..still the happy clappers will be wanking themselves senseless telling us all what a good deal it was - same as when we got 3 groats, a flaggin' of ale and a look at the bar wenches tits for Eardley….

That sounds about right

If that is the fee then Bury will get 75k out of that so thats down to 300k already

Still a complete pisstake. If Dagenham, a small team who have just been relegated, can hold out for 400k for one of their star players, then we surely could have done better than 375k.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

exactly - as soon as someone offers 6 figures we go 'oooh yes please'

we hold the cards when someone is on a 2 or 3 year deal - unless we REALLY need the money it should have been £500k MINIMUM - Pay it or f**k off.

but no, we think it over in our heads overnight....think of the ££...and then we cave in.

sick of it - peltier going for £750k-£1m - he is just an average league 1 RB, KL 10x better.

Disgusted with the fee if true

And the club wonders why no one comes through the gate any more - cos we sell all our assets and never build anything worth watching, EVER.

I really thought £500K to £750K easy for Stephens if he is our best player really makes me worry how much we would let Taylor go for

there's no excuse for letting Stephens go for this pathetic amount. I know we have financial problems but we held all the cards FFS! I know for a fact Everton were monitoring the situation , we've let him go for peanuts. The club is run by incompetent buffoons and has been for years…selling us short AGAIN!

By who??

Saints turned their noses up after seeing him play and I didn't see much to suggest we'd be lost without him last season.

We're past being a selling club - we have to consider every offer that we get. We're not in a financial position to play other clubs off against each other. Clubs dropping their interest because we decide to play silly b*ggers could jeapardise our future.

It's looking like this could be the only cash we get for one of our players this close season. Not one of our squad is indispensible - they were all cr@p for a large part of last season. If we can get a couple of hundred grand for someone that doesn't want to be here and, in my opinion, isn't that good, I say well done Latics.

By who??

Saints turned their noses up after seeing him play and I didn't see much to suggest we'd be lost without him last season.

We're past being a selling club - we have to consider every offer that we get. We're not in a financial position to play other clubs off against each other. Clubs dropping their interest because we decide to play silly b*ggers could jeapardise our future.

It's looking like this could be the only cash we get for one of our players this close season. Not one of our squad is indispensible - they were all cr@p for a large part of last season. If we can get a couple of hundred grand for someone that doesn't want to be here and, in my opinion, isn't that good, I say well done Latics.

That's the attitude the club have. The make do and get shafted mentality :censored:s the club over year after year. Whether Stephens wanted to be here or not it was tough :censored:! Other clubs stick to their guns and get decent fees. There was a lot of interest in Stephens, other clubs were monitoring the situation. I know this for a fact!

Edited by oafcprozac

By who??

Southampton thought they could get him for £150-200k Joe, spat out their dummy out and walked away, hoping we'd go running after them. I'm sure we thought about it...

Edited by oafcprozac

The general consensus seems to be we've sold short, I'd probably agree. However I'm interested, say.. Norwich have given us a deadline to stump up for McDonald (hypothetical, purely) - Would you then say the club would be making a good decision to take the offer on the table?

It's the only reason I can think of that we'd be happy with other than the club just taking whatever it can get.

£375k? No wonder we're screwed financially, accepting bids like that for one of the better players (with alot of room to improve) in the division, especially who has 2 years left on his contract.. Once again this season we'll have the pleas from the board off how much we need the money, when we wouldn't need all the pleas if the club grew some balls in the transfer market for our best players..