• Brooke
    • Feeney
    • Reid
    • Smith
    • Gerrard
    • Janko Sweetleftootivic
    • Rodrigo findtheonionbag

Very good, we wouldn't have him any other way though :grin:

As for Mr K Lee & the captaincy... It would be great if he was a shouter as well, so he could lead by example & fear, but not many players are both. And who in this squad will shout and inspire & be a (virtually) guaranteed first teamer?

We have a very quiet team, which is nice as it matches the home crowd & satisfies my OCD tendencies :)

Dont you start pal! :lol:

i just dont think he has the leadership quailties that is needed to be a captain.

But would you expect your captain to lead the lads, drag them through, Lee is a kind of player who comes and gets on with it. he is a fantastic player but his leadership quailties are not captain quialty.

I'll go back to my point...why was he made a captain at 17?

I don't recall Milligan being particularly vocal but he did lead by example, as did Bobby Moore, as did David Beckham, as does Stephen Gerrard.

I think we're in danger of looking too much for another Gregan. We don't necessarily need a captain to be heard from one end of BP to the other. We need one of our better players who can be strong but firm, who can instill and inspire confidence.

I'll go back to my point...why was he made a captain at 17?

I don't recall Milligan being particularly vocal but he did lead by example, as did Bobby Moore, as did David Beckham, as does Stephen Gerrard.

I think we're in danger of looking too much for another Gregan. We don't necessarily need a captain to be heard from one end of BP to the other. We need one of our better players who can be strong but firm, who can instill and inspire confidence.

I see where you are coming from but can you really see Lee turning round and lifting all the players and motivating them. Reserve team football is alot different than first team football.

I see where you are coming from but can you really see Lee turning round and lifting all the players and motivating them. Reserve team football is alot different than first team football.

I agree with the second point but don't forget that he would have been one of the younger members of that team and would have had to deal with more than a couple of prima-donnas.....that in itself requires leadership and no shortage of assertiveness.

To revisit the original poll question.....I do feel he's the best choice out of the current squad.....but I would hope that PD brings in an older head as captain as put forward by another poster.

The Michael Brown rumour that wont go away is back on another thread he was skipper at Pompey maybe him in and as skipper???

Im sure he would love playing Sheff Utd opening game of season, maybe he will be Stephens replacement if he goes

RA is that you?!

Of the current sqaud; its a really tough decision.......

I hope we able to sign a "walk into the captain role" player over the next few weeks......a Richard Naylor, Lee Carsley type.

But, of the current lot - I'd plump for Taylor. Agree with prozac; it'll be the making of him...and he genuinely loves our club as much as us.

RA is that you?!

It can't be I can see a comma.

I would only pick Feeney out of the current squad. I think we should wait to see who is signed

Was between either Lee or Taylor - Picked Lee as Taylor is to much of a hot-head, and its often him that the lads need to calm down and it won't be football at BP, it'll be Taylor argues with the Ref for 90 minutes..

Everyone goes on about Lee not being vocal enough, being vocal is not essential for a captain. He is our most consisent player, and he leads by example. He doesnt rise to the tactics of other players, he keeps a cool head, and at times pulls the team by the scruff of the neck. Thats what you want in a captain, a cool head, can pull the team forward by the scruff of the neck, consisent in performance, doesn't go shouting about at other players, as that can just make them more frustrated.

It can't be I can see a comma.

I would only pick Feeney out of the current squad. I think we should wait to see who is signed

Pick him for what???

You can just picture it......a fight in our penalty box.....blood, snot, handbags flying....and then Feeney waddling up 10 minutes later!!! Anyway, if he has to run the full length of the pitch in the first 5 mins to stop a little tete-a-tete, that's him knackered for the rest of the game!!!

Pick him for what???

You can just picture it......a fight in our penalty box.....blood, snot, handbags flying....and then Feeney waddling up 10 minutes later!!! Anyway, if he has to run the full length of the pitch in the first 5 mins to stop a little tete-a-tete, that's him knackered for the rest of the game!!!

It could be just what the lad needs to kick start his latics career

Are there people with heads full of broken biscuits out there who genuinely think we should make Tarky, Burns, Bembo-Lita or Feeney captain or did they think "I know, I'll vote for someone else because it'll be dead funny!!!!"?

I'm looking at the results as a gauge to see how other people think and wouldn't be displeased with any one of the 3 leading candidates but the others......I just don't get it....either seriously or as a joke.

Maybe I've just had a bad day day at work.....maybe I need to crack open a "Black Sheep" or a "Trashy Blonde"!!!

• 2 weeks later...