1. 1. Who do you THINK will win ?

• Klitschko
    • Haye
    • Unsure
  2. 2. Who do you WANT to win ?

• Klitschko
    • Haye
    • Not arsed

Just wondering what people's thoughts on this fight are.

Quite a lot of the boxing pundits, even from England, seem to think Klitschko should be too strong for Haye. Tyson also tips Wlad. But, amongst others, Freddie Roach and Carl Froch think David Haye could pull it off.

I'm leaning towards Wlad by decision although Haye has a good chance of scoring a knockout.

Of course Wlad is a lot better defensively than he was several years ago. But you can't cure a bad chin, you can either take a punch or you can't and Wlad's been down 10 times in his career and neither of the boxers who've put him down have the speed, mobility or the power of Haye. In fact Wlad and VItali are used to fighting small, fat, opponents who plodge forward into the jab all night and get broken down. Wlad isn't used to a style Haye will present, which will be moving around looking to jump with speed at Wlad.

That said Haye simply isn't active enough in the ring to win a decision, he isn't going to out box Wladimir Klitschko. Wlad has one of the best jabs the sport has ever seen. But like I said, he can be hurt and he can be put on the canvas and Haye has all the tools to do it.

This is worth a watch to whet your appetite for the fight:

Edited by PlayItLivo

I fancy Haye - just, but it's whether he can use his speed to get inside Wlad's jab and then get out again unscathed. I think it'll be a close fight and wouldn't be suprised to see the each of them on the canvas at some point.

I fancy Haye - just, but it's whether he can use his speed to get inside Wlad's jab and then get out again unscathed. I think it'll be a close fight and wouldn't be suprised to see the each of them on the canvas at some point.

Haye's an arrogant tosser that has fought a freak (and got a generous decision that night imo, no way did he do enough to win the fight) and an old man in Ruiz, I expect Klitschko to use his jab to paw his way to a decision. Haye has come across as a real cock in the build up and he lost all credibility by fighting that lump of :censored: Harrison. The sad reality is the eastern European fraternity have dominated the Heavyweight division since Lewis retired, but even if Haye whups Wlad's arse he is going to retire and Wlad will be Champ again within 6 months….boxing can't win in this one for me….

Edited by oafcprozac

Haye's an arrogant tosser that has fought a freak (and got a generous decision that night imo, no way did he do enough to win the fight) and an old man in Ruiz, I expect Klitschko to use his jab to paw his way to decision victory. Haye has come across as a real cock in the build up and he lost all credibility by fighting that lump of :censored: Harrison. The sad reality is the eastern European fraternity have dominated the Heavyweight division since Lewis retired, but even if Haye whups Wlad's arse he is going to retire and Wlad will be Champ again within 6 months….boxing can't win in this one for me….

I know Haye has said he's going to retire, but if he wins I fully expect him to go for K2 and unify the titles because he has got an enormous ego to satisfy.

I know Haye has said he's going to retire, but if he wins I fully expect him to go for K2 and unify the titles because he has got an enormous ego to satisfy.

Me too. He has said before that he wants 'both their heads', hasn't he? But I have also heard it said more than a few times that he will retire this year...confused.

But I tend to agree, that win or lose, he will carry on for a bit yet.

I'm not a fan of Haye, at all. I know none of us know the real David Haye - he's probably a sound lad, but he's just gone about this Klitschko thing totally disrespectfully, right from back in 2009. He's not the first to do it, and maybe it's all just a game, but I don't like it, and I can't remember many times before when I have wanted a fighter from another country to KTFO an Englishman.

I'll be cheering on Wlad, even though I think he has allowed himself to get dragged down just a little bit to Haye's level of silliness. Plus, I don't think the Klitschkos get the credit they deserve, and a win over Haye might make some realise that they're not just big robots, but actually top, top fighters, who just unfortunately happen to be around when there isn't much other quality in the division to fight.

actually top, top fighters, who just unfortunately happen to be around when there isn't much other quality in the division to fight.

True they can't help the standard of the opposition at the time, but I don't see how they have proved themselves top fighters by fighting a series of bums in German backwaters. I think Haye will smash him up.

True they can't help the standard of the opposition at the time, but I don't see how they have proved themselves top fighters by fighting a series of bums in German backwaters. I think Haye will smash him up.

Nowt truer!

If they wanted to be the big boys they are. They would have gone to America and smashed up Vegas and Madison Square gardens.

They would have made an effort to get onto HBO bills or linked up with Goldenboy.

Instead they fought everyone in Germany on their terms with their refs and their crowd.

Haye was disrespectful the way he went about it. But it was the only way to get the fights. If he didn’t go for the throat he would have had to have ten or eleven big fights to make himself mandatory.

Obviously that all changed when he got himself a belt. You notice that Haye has kept quiet this time as Klitchko has gone on the charm offensive. Haye has kept out of it all because everyone expected Haye to be brash, cocky and mouthy. Haye flipped the script by keeping quiet.

I’m a Haye fan and I’ll make no secret of that. I am also a bigger boxing fan. If you follow boxing at all you will probably notice that the trash talking and the arrogance is not exclusive to the big fights that get on TV and is certainly not exclusive to Haye.

I think this will be difficult just due to the natural size and athleticism of Klit. If Haye can get in and out without taking too much hammer he could be doing pretty well come the end of the fight.

However you only have to watch the Macklin Sturm fight from Saturday to realise how difficult it is to get a decision in Gemany.

I can’t wait to get over there myself and am thoroughly looking forward to it.

PS why does everyone have a pop at Haye for taking the Ruiz fight? It was a mandatory as Ruiz took money to step aside (from a fight with Valuev) so Haye could fight Valuev on the promise that he would take the winner.

Eh ? Wlad's been to Madison (numerous times), Las Vegas and Atlantic quite a lot.

As for HBO - I think Wlad would jump at the chance to hook up with them, but they don't want to show his fights as he isn't entertaining enough.

Haye - quiet ? Have you followed the build-up? He's only shut up this last week - probably because it's now dawned on him just what a world of :censored: he's in!

Sturm 116 - 112 - those refs were as wrong as your post ! :grin: Gutted for Macklin. No way did he lose that fight.

Eh ? Wlad's been to Madison (numerous times), Las Vegas and Atlantic quite a lot.

As for HBO - I think Wlad would jump at the chance to hook up with them, but they don't want to show his fights as he isn't entertaining enough.

Haye - quiet ? Have you followed the build-up? He's only shut up this last week - probably because it's now dawned on him just what a world of :censored: he's in!

Sturm 116 - 112 - those refs were as wrong as your post ! :grin: Gutted for Macklin. No way did he lose that fight.

That is true, with Wlad going to america to fight brewster and sanders. But the last time he went over he bored them to death with his victory over Igbramavic. Also because there is no good american heavyweight around the networks in america can not be bothered showingthe heavyweights until now. But haye can't leave iti to chance he needs to knock wlad out if not it could end up like macklin sturm, a robbery!

The point I was getting at was that both the Klitchko's should have hit america hard over the past years rather than only fighting in Germany. Even fights against American bums would sell tickets in America as they may be bums but they'd still be America.

They could have easily built up a rapport for the american networks to show them if they had decided to fight there are a lot more open.

By smashing it up I meant to go over there and be more exciting and reckless but I suppose when Wlad was more reckless he got tagged a few times.

I've followed the build up. He has been pretty quiet stepped it up this week at the press conferences. Had a few months of almost silence (for Haye). People are jumping on the face-off thing that just came out but that was filmed months ago.

The point I was getting at was that both the Klitchko's should have hit america hard over the past years rather than only fighting in Germany. Even fights against American bums would sell tickets in America as they may be bums but they'd still be America.

They could have easily built up a rapport for the american networks to show them if they had decided to fight there are a lot more open.

By smashing it up I meant to go over there and be more exciting and reckless but I suppose when Wlad was more reckless he got tagged a few times.

I've followed the build up. He has been pretty quiet stepped it up this week at the press conferences. Had a few months of almost silence (for Haye). People are jumping on the face-off thing that just came out but that was filmed months ago.

The Klitschko's easily sell out 50,000+ capacity football stadiums in Germany, they're covered by top German network RTL and other broadcasters around the world. Add to the fact they are the biggest players in the heavyweight division and America hasn't had a top Heavyweight since Evander Holyfield (who is still fighting at 48 years of age but hasn't held a top 4 belt since 2001) any heavyweight (who has shown an ounce of promise) that has come along from the U.S.A in recent years the Klitchko's have KO'd (Calvin Brock, Ray Austin, Tony Thompson, Jameel McCline, Kevin Johnson, Chris Arreola, Chris Byrd, Lamont Brewster, Kirk Johnston and even Hasim Rahman and Ray Mercer, out of all of them Kevin Johnson was the only one who wasn't KO'd) none of these were popular heavyweights, none would have sold out standard arenas let alone football stadiums and the coverage would have been no where near as big. That's why HBO would have nothing to do with them, it's not a reflection of the Klitchsko's themselves, but the lack of good American heavyweights.

Wlad's fought 12 times in the states, KO'd 10, lost 1 by KO and got one decision. Vitali on the other hand has fought 6 times in the states, won 5 by KO and lost one by TKO against Lennox Lewis in what was the best heavyweight fight of the 00s, after that fight if the American public weren't going to take to the Klitchsko's they never will. So you're comment about them not fighting the States and taking risks is a bit unfounded because they've been there, done that, had the exciting fights and still HBO decided not to offer them big money for fights in the States.

Edited by PlayItLivo

In fact I urge you all to get into the mood for Saturday and watch Lennox Lewis v Vitali Klitschko, the last great heavyweight fight and the fight which pretty much scared Lewis into retirement:

Lewis v V. Klitschko part 1 -

Lewis v V. Klitschko part 2 -

The Klitschko's easily sell out 50,000+ capacity football stadiums in Germany, they're covered by top German network RTL and other broadcasters around the world. Add to the fact they are the biggest players in the heavyweight division and America hasn't had a top Heavyweight since Evander Holyfield (who is still fighting at 48 years of age but hasn't held a top 4 belt since 2001) any heavyweight (who has shown an ounce of promise) that has come along from the U.S.A in recent years the Klitchko's have KO'd (Calvin Brock, Ray Austin, Tony Thompson, Jameel McCline, Kevin Johnson, Chris Arreola, Chris Byrd, Lamont Brewster, Kirk Johnston and even Hasim Rahman and Ray Mercer, out of all of them Kevin Johnson was the only one who wasn't KO'd) none of these were popular heavyweights, none would have sold out standard arenas let alone football stadiums and the coverage would have been no where near as big. That's why HBO would have nothing to do with them, it's not a reflection of the Klitchsko's themselves, but the lack of good American heavyweights.

Wlad's fought 12 times in the states, KO'd 10, lost 1 by KO and got one decision. Vitali on the other hand has fought 6 times in the states, won 5 by KO and lost one by TKO against Lennox Lewis in what was the best heavyweight fight of the 00s, after that fight if the American public weren't going to take to the Klitchsko's they never were. So you're comment about them not fighting the states and taking risks is a bit unfounded because they've been there, done that, had exciting fights and HBO decided not to offer them big fights in the states.

This ^ man knows what he's talking 'bout. Narmeeeeen.

Good post, PIL.

Here is a G please place it anywhere in the above comment where it may fit.

Read yesterday that Chisora stood to make £50k from his fight with ickle Klitchko. No wonder they glove fightin bums

Done.

Edited by beag_teeets