Cisak missed Acc Training

Just had a mail from an Accy fan at work who says:

"Apparently Cisak wasn't at the 1st day of pre-season training today, a lot of people think he's finalising a deal with your lot."

I think the fact that Stephens has gone may allow compensation to be made avaialble to Stanley...

Could be a good addition in my humble opinion.

He sounds promising.

Given the tight finances, if he is better than what we had then good piece of business. Am guessing that we will be going with him and Gerrard as backup?

Possibly Amos on loan according to rumours.. Now De Gea has signed for Utd they have 4 keepeprs.. De Gea, Lindegaard, Kuszczak and Amos.. So there is a good chance of it..

from the accy forum

Nipped down to watch a hour or so of training this morning

18 were training

A couple of burnley lads

Couple of youth team lads

Danny Coid was there

No Ray putterill

No Ciask....think his move to oldham is a more or less done deal

thats not good, Cisak will be a bigga loss as jimmy imho, :(

Looks like they will struggle this season, seems like they have lost half of their 1st team

I just can't see Amos signing on loan, we played some awful stuff when he was with us, you would think to develop his career he would want to go to a bigger club, dont get me wrong I would love him to sign.

Gerrard as back up fills me with no confidence! I remember other managers relying on the kids as back up and we were forever in the loan market when we had injuries rather than blooding the kids and giving them a go.

My mate does the sky blog for Accrington stanley - he does a lot of work with the board and is pretty well in at the club. He's just sent me a message saying we have signed him. £20k and it'll be announced officially on friday.

My mate does the sky blog for Accrington stanley - he does a lot of work with the board and is pretty well in at the club. He's just sent me a message saying we have signed him. £20k and it'll be announced officially on friday.

i think in that case then he is gonna be used as a number 2 keeper...there is no way we would sign a young keeper then allow him to sod off playing 7 or 8 games for australia under 23's in what is gonna be a hard enough season already..i just cant see it

i see dirty leeds have got rachukba from the lashers,id of had him back ina shot..

i think in that case then he is gonna be used as a number 2 keeper...there is no way we would sign a young keeper then allow him to sod off playing 7 or 8 games for australia under 23's in what is gonna be a hard enough season already..i just cant see it

i see dirty leeds have got rachukba from the lashers,id of had him back ina shot..

I'd be amazed if we've spent £20K on a keeper to keep the bench warm. He's got to be a starter if we pay a fee.

I'd be amazed if we've spent £20K on a keeper to keep the bench warm. He's got to be a starter if we pay a fee.

My mate tells me he's a class act and didn't think they'd keep hold of him. I cant see him being anything other than a starter.

Edited by pukka

I njust dont buy into this Amos stuff either.

Its pretty obvious that his days at Man U are limited and they will be looking to move him on pretty soon and getting back the development money they have invested in him plus profit.

If he did come in on loan we would simply be adding to his experience and value for the benefit of Man U.

Better for us surely to get in a good promising number one like Cisak and back him up with a development keeper of a good standard. There will be plenty of those coming out of Premier league Academies where they dont get an earthly chance of playing at the moment. Young English keepers will be at a premium as the home grown rules and financial integrity rules tighten up.

Top clubs will want to use their options to comply on outfield positions if they can. We should go get ourselves a good English kid and develop him as back up initially.

If he's an under 23 he will have a good shout at playing in the Olympics, if he does well he'll be worth more than £20k.

We've paid a fee a few times for signings in the past few seasons- Furman being the prime example, he's worth more than the £50k we paid for him, for a club at our level its a decent way to make some money.