Compo Time Prize To Be Won

I have had what I belive is a brain wave whilst sitting at work today, I sit there for hours it seems staring into space trying to think of ways to raise the club funds

Here is my latest idea, i must stress this has NOT been ran through the club yet but interest i belive is the only possible way this could happen

Have you ever thought/wanted to take you seat in the hosptality of the ground??

Saturday 6th August we play at home to Sheff Utd in NPOWER league 1 match

My proposal to the club is this.... Every fan has a chance to win 2x adult hospitality seats by making the lowest unique bid! The way this would work is every fan who is interested will visit the club shop and make a bid with an admin charge of £3.00p each and make a bid and leave their name, address and contact details, for example i make a bid of £3.67p for instance I pay this upfront and do not receive this back regardless of wether i win or not, a 2nd bidder makes a bid of £3.66p which happens to be the lowest unique bid and they win 2 adult hosptality seats for the

opening game of the season for yes just £3.66p (Unreal value)

This would only be valid if the club earns over £100 i.e recieves over 35 bids (easy i would say if advertised on the clubs website) all funds after the ticket price have been paid off go to the PlayerShare scheme and would be presented by way of a cheque possibly before the opening game

If the club runs this today 1 bid per day yes just 1 would make £100 in total, a piece of pee if u ask me and a no loser for both the club and fans

Bidding could start as soon as the club give go ahead and winner announced 3rd August

If you like please like the status, any questions please ask, sensible ones please and lets try for once not to be negative!!!!!!!!!!!

If we get enough i will send this to Alan Hardy and the lads at playershare

Thanks for reading

Deano

I simply need your feedback to decide wether we ask the club to do this

Edited by laticdickovarmy

I know Absolute Radio do this a few times and it seems to work so it'd be a good idea that has worked in the past

Sounds good, you could even get people paying straight to playershare through paypal to make it easier. Could even do it for other things throughout the season like a seat on the bench and a visit to the dressing room before the game or signed shirts ect.

I like the ideas Steve however im not sure the club would allow someone on the bench but certainly an idea, I hope to liase with the playershare team i would like to perhaps take up a role if any become vacant with them so that i can implement further ideas i have

The money can only i think go through the club so that its offical and all funds can be calculated by the club themselves, by having money going through the club i belive would give people security and with the correct advertising can rasie the club a few bob through playershare which only benefits everyone at the club as allows us to improve the playing squad

I really need a lot of green plus on the opening paragraph the more i can back to the club the stronger the postion we would be in

This is all subject to any agreement by Alan Hardy and of course tickets being avaliable for the Sheffield United game, if it worked maybe could be done on the Boxing Day game I would for certain try and bid to treat the father in law :grin: That earns brownie points

Living in Gloucestershire i dont know if i get Absoulte Radio wasnt aware of there promo

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Hit the ground running if you are going to do this, make it am attractive offer first off rather than it not getting much interest and then trying to pick it up. Something around the first home game of the season and a new squad makes it unique, a few photos with the new boys etc.

Cheers mate, are you on the commitee for playershare, I have also forwarded onto Mr Alan Of Hardy

Depends if we like him or not. grin.gif

It's C.Hill's baptism of fire tonight. Great suggestion and I will let Chris lead on this one too

Thanks Deano

Edited by underdog

Depends if we like him or not. grin.gif

It's C.Hill's baptism of fire tonight. Great suggestion and I will let Chris lead on this one too

Thanks Deano

be gentle with me though :grin:

Yeah i have had a few suggestions given to me and all ideas are welcome

Please see the below from the club in response

Seems positive

Out of intrest did this get raised at playershare? Does playeshare have a kitty perhaps they could purchase the tikctes with as a trail (not sure how much two hospitality tickets would be)

Morning Dean

I’m not sure if Alan has answered you but I think he’s away from the Club at the moment. I’ve often thought of how we could run competitions using the “lowest unique bid” system, they’re usually done on a fee added to the mobile message which would be too expensive for the club to set up. Your idea should work as long as you can spread the word wide enough. There is no reason, of course, why your idea can’t be run from the Trust/Playershare side and the Hospitality tickets just purchased from the club. If Alan gives you the go ahead to run it from the club shop, you would need to provide a sealed box for the slips (they would only need “bid”, “name” and “phone number” on them) and a cash tin.

Signed shirts would be fine also but fans on the bench and in the dressing room, I think, is a no no.

PS Don’t forget the VAT!

My response

Good morning,

Many thanks for your response

I hadn't as yet received a reply from the club no. I was under the same impression regarding the mobile phone idea and don't the idea down that route would be feasible and the same applies to the sitting on the bench idea.

I have been in discussion with the playershare team to see if they would been willing to donate the tickets and then take back the value of these in the amount raised so that the expense does not come from their.

My idea was as you say to have a tin and all takings to be in cash but pay them to the club upfront to ensure people actually pay the legit amount they bid in their envelopes so we are not chasing bids after the results have been announced.

Would the club be willing to advertise this on the website to drum up interest should playershare pay for the tickets?

Thank you in anticipation

Dean