We're interested in Stephen Darby

Liverpool right-back, spent most of last season on loan at Notts County, we're one of a host of clubs interested. Makes interesting reading imo, the fact we're looking at right-backs, could this mean a return to centre-mid for Kieran Lee?

Darby

Edited by oafcprozac

Liverpool right-back, spent most of last season on loan at Notts County, we're one of a host of clubs interested. Makes interesting reading imo, the fact we're looking at right-backs, could this mean a return to centre-mid for Kieran Lee?

possibly ,

Hope he isnt moving on..

Pretty sure I read in the papers he was going on loan to Blackpool along with another lad as part the Charlie Adam deal.

Loads have been linked with regards to that deal.. Shelvey, Wilson, Darby, Pacheo etc..

Darby

I hope not, as he looked like a totally different player when moved to right back.

He had previously looked very lightweight and hadn't impressed when played in midfield IMO.

I hope not, as he looked like a totally different player when moved to right back.

He had previously looked very lightweight and hadn't impressed when played in midfield IMO.

/\ This

For me he had an OK game at Crewe away, and a pretty par / average at best one at BP (was it Brighton?)...then he disappeared again.

Since moving to RB – I think he’s just got better & better – as a RB though. Most of his really good work involves overlapping and working the ball down the right. I just happen to think he wont be as effect for us in the centre of midfield as he would be at RB. He’s made that position his; why make a change that effects the team in 2 areas when we wont need to. Bring in a CM, play Winchester there.....but don’t move Lee to there IMO.

Mike Keegan from the MEN has just tweeted:

"RT @RobDawsonMEN: #Liverpool defender Stephen Darby close to signing for #Rochdale. Apparently he doesn't fancy #Oldham"

eurgh if thats true then its a very sad state of affairs

eurgh if thats true then its a very sad state of affairs

Not necessarily- like many have said we've already got a decent RB who isn't old and was IMHO one of the best RB in the division last year and an international in reserve whos still 17/18. He may prefer Rochdale as its more likely that he will play regularly there.

Dale in Darby victory over Oldham?

Thu 07th Jul 2011 05:57 by Col

And it's nothing to do with Chris O'Grady this time.

Reports have linked Dale with a loan move for Liverpool's highly rated full back Stephen Darby, with suggestions that we have edged out Oldham to his signature.

Darby has been linked with a whole host of clubs including Doncaster, MK Dons and Oldham. Further reports had Darby as being a makeweight in the deal taking Charlie Adam to Liverpool, but press reports on Thursday morning suggest that he will not be heading to Blackpool.

It was via twitter where local journalist Rob Dawson suggested that Darby had opted to join Dale rather than our neighbours at Boundary Park. Dawson has proved in recent weeks to be very reliable with regards to NW footballing matters.

The 22 year old right back is highly thought of, and has did well on loan spells in the past two seasons with Swindon Town and Notts County. He has made just one appearance with the Andfield club, but has won praise for captaining their reserve team and was included in their 21 man squad for last season's Premier League.

He's a decent signing for rochdale but i cant see how we were ever interested in him, unless Lee's off somewhere?

There's basically 3 school of thoughts on this as far as I can see:

• Bids for Lee have / are about to come in; so we are looking for RB options

• Lee is being looked at for a switch to CM should we fail to bring a player in for there; so we a looking at RB options

• We were never seriously in the hunt for him

I hope its the 3rd, as for 1 & 2, I’d be sad to see him leave and, as stated elsewhere; I think K Lee is well & truly a RB now....