Playershare. The Sheff to BP walk 05.08.11

Dear all

As you may/may not be aware, Latics Lee as come up with the next fundraising idea for playershare - a big thanks too.

A night walk on the eve before our home game with Sheff. Utd. We will set off from Bramall lane about 7.30ish the night before and hope to arrive in one piece - no road kills at BP before the game.

The new route has been suggested by Hallam blue and his Dad Nick, who have also volunteered support in other ways too from equipment to a support car - thanks guys.The route will be about 39 miles long...aaagghh!!!!

We will hopefully be able to post soon a sponsor webpage site if anyone wishes to sponsor us - even £1.00 will be fantastic. Wardle will hopefully be able to help us with this as we are having problems using a donation site at the mo

However, we need your help in another way

We would appreciate if anyone could help with regards to us leasing a 16+ seater mini-bus with minimum costing to the walkers.

Any ideas of a decent hire/lease company?

Many thanks everyone

Edited by underdog

if I'd of known about this earlier I would of joined you with the walk, I am a member of the Sheffield Hallam University Walking Club but personally I would reccomend walking the route the day before but if you need my help with anything drop me a pm

Edited by Tommy_Fent

if I'd of known about this earlier I would of joined you with the walk, I am a member of the Sheffield Hallam University Walking Club but personally I would reccomend walking the route the day before but if you need my help with anything drop me a pm

There is still time Tommy....so you up for it?......grin.gif

just see Lee's message higher up

Edited by underdog

Can you not use the Youth team bus?

Thanks Ackey, Wardle has suggested the same thing and will investigate on our behalf - it depends if the youth team have a game on the Sat am.

Fingers, toes an other appendages crossed...

That's it Hallam your off my Chrimbo card list....picky so and so...tut...wink.gif

I said apox 39 miles and with all men its all about accurate measurements isn't it.....38.5 miles...grin.gif

Edited by underdog

Yes holy crap batman.....its all your fault Lee......I'm going to find you and hunt you down young man...aagghh!

BUT BUT BUT..... My thinking behind this is to raise money plus last time i did a sponsored walk with latics ( From BP To Leeds United ) we won 2-0 the next day!!!

BUT BUT BUT..... My thinking behind this is to raise money plus last time i did a sponsored walk with latics ( From BP To Leeds United ) we won 2-0 the next day!!!

hmmmm.....so your saying doing this = a win?...wow.......a win it is...biggrin.gif

Tracy

Can you post a list of everything you need?

For example, Chaddy's Gang / Boundary Blues would like to provide you with a load of bottles of water but is that something you need?

What about energy bars? Who will pay for the petrol for the minibus?

Lisa

Update... Its exactly 38.9 miles door to door. Dads just driven it to check. SAFE route and a car can follow/lead every inch. THREE climbs one short and steep, (Buckstones Road steep but much shorter, one longer gradual climb out of Holmfirth, Tesco Greenfield up to Lydgate. He said most dangerous sections are from Lees Road fire station... :mad:

He has videoed the route using a fixed camera in car. More info later.

I've done Dovestones to BP a couple of times and can confirm that the Greenfield to Lydgate climb is a bitch - you won't enjoy that at the back end of your trek!

Shame I'm on hols, else I'd have joined you.

Seems like a lot of effort when you could earn more putting Lee in stocks and charging to custard pie him, but a good effort. I would advise walking up a bloody big steep hill quickly a couple of times in the next few weeks as well as doing a few long stretches on the flat.

I'm doing a practice walk if anyone fancies joining me on sunday.

Actually I may do....let me know...

Also Lee, can you contact Lisa who has posted above with regards to water, energy bars, water, water, water, new feet, new shoes, brain transplant and anything else we need as it''s your baby this one....shock.gif

Big thanks to everyone with regards to messages of support, condolences, etc

I am still going to die aren't I....disappointed.gif