Sam Johnstone signs

does that class as one of the seasons loans?

Not sure whether it counts as a loan at all, but as I understand it we get unlimited short-term loans (3 months or less) during the season as long as we have no more than 5 loans in the matchday squad at one time, so we'll be OK.

That article to me sounds like he's gone as soon as we have 2 keepers fit!

Maybe we're not after another keeper and are just gonna go with what we have.

that's how I've read it. 2 game 'borrow' rather than a loan.....as soon as Cisak is back; he'll be back to United. (unless he turns out to be a world beater & then we nab him for the season!!)

that's how I've read it. 2 game 'borrow' rather than a loan.....as soon as Cisak is back; he'll be back to United. (unless he turns out to be a world beater & then we nab him for the season!!)

He will be back to united on that basis. Believe me this lad is pants. A big lump who never catches a cross and dives in installments.

Watch any of the united Academy games and you will soon get the drift.

A wonderful example of how playing for united gets you England youth caps. he is so far behind Jack Butland who also keeps for England at that level it is humiliating.

He will be back to united on that basis. Believe me this lad is pants. A big lump who never catches a cross and dives in installments.

A wonderful example of how playing for united gets you England youth caps. he is so far behind Jack Butland who also keeps for England at that level it is humiliating.

Sign him up!!! :deal:

Not a clue but a good keeper who will do ok for himself. If he got injured and out a while a bit short sighted not sticking by him as cant cost a fortune.

Have you seen him play much hallam?

Someone on here said they knew a blackburn youth coach who saw we had him on trial during the behind closed doors game and he was surprised he'd been released and that a team from higher up the leagues hadn't got him, so he must be a decent prospect!

Why would anyone watch Utd Academy games?

I had a quick look on the evil red empire's propaganda website, for information on this young keeper, and noticed that Oliver Norwood scored for their reserves last night. I'm sure he's been mentioned on here before.

I saw him play for Norn Ireland in a game on telly a few weeks ago (when Winchester made his debut) and he looked pretty useful in midfield.

I don't think I've seen any stories linking him with loan/permanent moves anywhere yet for this coming season. I know he played a few games on loan for Carlisle last year.

We should make an enquiry. He could be a replacement for Stephens.

Have you seen him play much hallam?

Someone on here said they knew a blackburn youth coach who saw we had him on trial during the behind closed doors game and he was surprised he'd been released and that a team from higher up the leagues hadn't got him, so he must be a decent prospect!

I was told similar. Lets hope that he is just sorting the injury out and Blackburn havent stepped in. We could have two promising young keepers on our hands in this lad and Cisek which will hold us in good stead for the future.

For reasons beyond my control I have access to MU TV and watched the Academy game between United and Stoke last season which ended a draw from memory. Both Parton and Johnstone played and Parton was head and shoulders the better. The only good thing that stuck out about Johnstone was he has a hell of a hoof on him. Parton pulled of a blinder from a free kick right near the end.

Ive seen Johnstone via the same media too many times and never been impressed. They can send us Tunnicliffe, Pogba or the lad who is a bit off the rails who plays midfield anytime mind.

I was told similar. Lets hope that he is just sorting the injury out and Blackburn havent stepped in. We could have two promising young keepers on our hands in this lad and Cisek which will hold us in good stead for the future.

For reasons beyond my control I have access to MU TV and watched the Academy game between United and Stoke last season which ended a draw from memory. Both Parton and Johnstone played and Parton was head and shoulders the better. The only good thing that stuck out about Johnstone was he has a hell of a hoof on him. Parton pulled of a blinder from a free kick right near the end.

Ive seen Johnstone via the same media too many times and never been impressed. They can send us Tunnicliffe, Pogba or the lad who is a bit off the rails who plays midfield anytime mind.

hmmmmmmmm

They can send us Tunnicliffe, Pogba or the lad who is a bit off the rails who plays midfield anytime mind.

My sister knows that tunnicliffe, he's already gone out on loan to peterborough with another utd lad (who's the manager there again?)

I told her to have a word and persuade him to come to us on loan after readin rave reviews about him and she said he burst out laughin, thinks he's far too good for league 1 and from what i can gather thinks he's too good for peterborough and has only gone there coz fergie told him too!

Big potential but is a right billy big bollox

Or playing for Oldham gets you Northern Ireland caps :grin:

My sister knows that tunnicliffe, he's already gone out on loan to peterborough with another utd lad (who's the manager there again?)

I told her to have a word and persuade him to come to us on loan after readin rave reviews about him and she said he burst out laughin, thinks he's far too good for league 1 and from what i can gather thinks he's too good for peterborough and has only gone there coz fergie told him too!

Big potential but is a right billy big bollox

Pride comes before a fall they say.