OWTB.co.uk Joins Up With RedStar Creative

1_2_newbanner.jpg

OWTB.co.uk and RedStar Creative are delighted to announce the foundation of what we hope will be a long and successful commercial partnership.

As the leading site for Latics news OWTB has always looked to be innovative and forward thinking with the services we provide you, our users. More importantly we've always maintained that this should be a free service and thanks to our RedStar partnership this will be the case for the foreseeable future.

RedStar, who work with small to medium sized businesses, predominantly in Manchester and also through out the UK, were originally set up in Shaw before moving into central Manchester, and CEO Darren Ratcliffe still lives in Royton.

As well as web design and eCommerce websites, RedStar also develop eBay integration solutions, and eBay Listing designs – working directly with eBay UK and some of the UK's largest retailers.

Both OWTB and RedStar were founded in 2007 and the start of the 2011/12 season is the ideal time for the two to unite in bringing OWTB users and Latics fans in general an ever improving product.

Cheers!

The OWTB Team

Looks smart !

Does this mean we can get rid of the adverts or is that still needed for revenue for you guys ?

It's a step towards that, Raz, but we'll sadly never be able to clear adverts totally.

As an example - and I may get in trouble for this - we've so far made a whopping £2.50 from our Quidco link up... if you think that's not even enough to cover a fortnight's bill for the Chat application we have - that's the level we're working at!

Is it merely a sponsorship deal Ackey? Or will it involve something more than that? Ie migrating from IPboard?

We'll most certainly be sticking with IPB for now Carl... their product is second to none. That of course wouldn't rule out a change in the future, but it's not something we've discussed with RedStar and isn't something we'll expect from them.

We are however looking at other things we can do in conjunction with them - it's well known that Rummy's 'social networking' efforts are far beyond what most clubs put together and I think with RedStars skills we can only enhance that.

They're also - most importantly - helping considerably with the costs of running the board, which as you know is a sizable amount of money these days!

Just started reading it really enjoying it.

Not over keen on Sci-fi but it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

He was a great author and the set are especially good.

Don't see the film though... despite Stephen Fry, Zooey Deschanel and Sam Rockwell all being in it it's absolute :censored:e.

He was a great author and the set are especially good.

Don't see the film though... despite Stephen Fry, Zooey Deschanel and Sam Rockwell all being in it it's absolute :censored:e.

Watch the old TV series though. That's brilliant.

You can go beyond the trilogy* and read 'The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul' and 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency'. If nothing else, they'll make charades last 3 hours at Christmas.

'Last chance to see' was also a bit of an eye opener as well as an ironic way to go out (taking away his :censored: novels, The meaning of Liff, etc.).

Edited by OldhamSheridan

What is this - the OWTBook Club? :grin:

Now you mentioned it...

I've just finished Charlie Brooker - Dawn of the Dumb again, which is absolutely fantastic. I can't get enough of reading Brooker, he writes how I feel about most topics. I'm currently reading Derren Brown - Confessions of a Conjuror (which is a bit up it's own arse to be honest), Frankie Boyle - My :censored: Life So Far; I've only just started this but it's okay, and Conditions of the Working Class in England by Friedrich Engels, it's a bit of a slog however I've always wanted to read it.