Worst Latics striker of the 21st century?

Taking into account reputation, as well as consistent sh*tness/attitude problems/level playing at/utter ineptitude/ability to irritate and enrage with total levels of non-skill/other reasons. Warren Feeney? Dean Windass? Steve Kabba? Dele Adebola? Brett Ormerod?

The choice is yours....

Kabba was crap, ormerod didn't do anything BUT wasn't fit, if we'd got him when fit, he'd have been great. Windass was a crap striker but redeemed himself in net.

As for worst, I'd say it's between ricketts, Parker and Feeney an I can't choose the worst.

All had/have bad attitudes but Parker scored a cracker vs MK Dons so I'd put him third of the three with feeney second and ricketts first

Edited by oafc-latics

it wasn't a diving header he fell onto the ball

He ended up kneeing it in didnt he? He was pants wasn't he?

We've had some stinkers in the last 10 years, I can throw in:

Luigi Glombard

Delroy Facey

Matty Wolfendon

Matty Barlow

Darren Byfield

plus the already mentioned Dean Crowe, Windas, Kabba & Ormerod.

Edit: Kenny Cooper too. Oh, Ben Burgess was pretty crap on loan too.

Edited by slystallone

yeah dont get the stick Cooper gets the lad had a good touch and could finish. Probably cause he was from united but he was a decent player.

Crowe was woeful - no pace - no movement - and he was tiny so he was no use in the air.

Parker was pants but mainly cause he couldnt finish - if he had finished half the chances he was on the end of he would have had double figures easy

Ronnie Jepson was pretty naff - well past it when he played for us

Byfield was OK - average lower league striker and no better

Facy was also pants i think id pick him as the worst. Physically looked the part but not a footballer

Granted, my memory is pretty garbage, but I definitely remember Kenny Cooper being a pretty tidy player.

Marc Richards on the other hand was just a :censored:e Matthew Tipton.

I thought Cooper looked a poor player for us; couldn't undertand why he was at United still. I was genuinely worried he was going to pick the ball up and dribble with it a la Basketball the way he shaped up on debut.

An example of hype surrounding a player based purely on the club he was at at the time; he'd be on my poor striker list as IIRC he should be! :wink:

My overall vote would be between Glombard & Feeney - Fenney is that bad a player IMO. Feeney shades it as we gave a 2 year deal; whereas at least Glombard was a short term deal.

I thought Cooper looked a poor player for us; couldn't undertand why he was at United still. I was genuinely worried he was going to pick the ball up and dribble with it a la Basketball the way he shaped up on debut.

An example of hype surrounding a player based purely on the club he was at at the time; he'd be on my poor striker list as IIRC he should be! :wink:

My overall vote would be between Glombard & Feeney - Fenney is that bad a player IMO. Feeney shades it as we gave a 2 year deal; whereas at least Glombard was a short term deal.

Banger was pretty :censored:, pace to burn but couldn't finish his dinner in three seasons, 11 goals in 90 appearances..awful…..BUT he did get the winner v City….

Worst striker of 21st Century? Ah just seen that…..

Edited by oafcprozac

Kenny Cooper was ok I thought and he scored for us! The lad we had for a few games when we were in the prem Kiesersweede (not that spelling!) he played v Liverpool away and fell on his ass the whole time. I even watched him in reserves week before and he was awful!

Parker scored infinitely more league goals than Feeney.

Shows just how bad Feeney has been, in fairness to both they were/are not bad players. Just don't give a :censored: and think they should be higher than they are, if Parker and Feeney had been signed from a non-league club we would have seen to totally different players.

I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Jason Price. Parker, Feeney, Ricketts, Crowe, the good Lord, Windyarse were all crap. Trouble is, they are / were so crap, I can't decide who to pick as the worst one of the lot.

tbh I didn't think Price was that bad

Parker had the ability but couldn't be arsed to use it

Feeney is the sort of player who relied too much on pace and now he's lost it doesn't know what to do

Ricketts was the same as Parker

Crowe I can't even remember him even playing

Dean Windass tried to do more than what his age could actually let him do, he did have a really good game against Stockport