Having a big slide at one end of the new stadium is certainly innovative. :wink:

That's the big innovation.

It's a retractable swiming pool on Mondays, non match day Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

Groundbreaking stufff. it's designed so you just plug the plug and it becomes a football stadium, leave the tap running after the match and voila a swimming pool.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You I don't want to look back at what might have been but had the initial Oldham Arena plans been pushed through straight away we could:

- Now have a redevloped Boundary Park.

- Not had the whole catastophic mess that was Failsowrth

- The council would not have had to hand over £5.7 million of the tax payers money to Corney Gazal and Blitz as an apology.

- Have created 1000 jobs.

You have to say that was an extrodinary piece of wisdom from Councilor Bashforth that November evening back in 2007.

Or we might have been left high and dry with hundreds of dwellings we couldn't sell after the economy spectacularly imploded. It's all ifs and buts innit?

+1

Some of the people on here just refused to be pleased about anything....

We've been in a position where it looked like we may have no ground at all and have to groundshare - and we all know that if we'd gone down that road, we'd have had no stadium, and no plans for a new one. Basically - we weren't too far off seeing the beginning of the end for OAFC.

We now have an opportunity to redevelop OUR home and try to increase revenue which in turn will help to try and propel the club forward.

Me? I'm not fussed about Blitz/Gazal and whether they are in or out....all i want is a self sufficient club which, if necessary, could attract investors to either join corney or take over from him. It looks like we may be getting somewhere near this - and hopefully there won't be any more hurdles in future.

Last season, the stadium at failsworth fell through, and i don't care what anybody else thinks - that moment is when our season on the pitch started to fall apart. Surley news like this should keep us all happy and make us look forward to this season and many seasons ahead at BP - if we look forward to it and get behind the XI on the pitch - who knows what might happen

Cut the moaning guys - get behind the club for 2011/12 and the future - one we serisouly looked like not having.

Well said pal.

Well, if blitz were to take all of the money to pay himself back for the money the club owes him, he would have in effect have given the council a piece of land which he paid several million for for free. I just think its wide of the mark looking at it as anything other than tidying up after the lancaster club cock-up, its that which blitz is looking to get his money back for. The council arent going to refund him for paying dean windarse's wages after all.

Well, if blitz were to take all of the money to pay himself back for the money the club owes him, he would have in effect have given the council a piece of land which he paid several million for for free. I just think its wide of the mark looking at it as anything other than tidying up after the lancaster club cock-up, its that which blitz is looking to get his money back for. The council arent going to refund him for paying dean windarse's wages after all.

Like the analogy.

So assuming the Lancaster Club debacle is tidied up, what figures would you say that we owed Blitz now?

Couldnt say, as i dont know if we have really been balancing the books since two amigos went into the background. If we have been losing at the same rate i suppose it would be about 6 million. Incidentally i think there was some figure (maybe 100k) for the failsworth project that was funded through the club.

Or we might have been left high and dry with hundreds of dwellings we couldn't sell after the economy spectacularly imploded. It's all ifs and buts innit?

The market for buying property has slumped but the market for renting has grown if anything we would have cashed in as potential landlords. If the council had stopped sticking their finger in and pandering to the Keep Oldham in the Dark Ages society we wouldn't have this mess.

For those who are just having a pop at fans for being negative take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The original Boundary park development was an £80 million development. The plans for Failsworth were a £20million development (to outcries of downsizing) The hand out from the council is £5.7million and some of that will be pocketed by Blitz and Gazel. Downsizing?

The club according to last years accounts made a loss of £1.5million which was inflated by £500,000 write of Oldham Arena development. So in reality we are losing £1million per year so this new stand will have to make a £1million profit per year Before we can consider strengthening the playing budget. Bearing in mind we may get less than £3million to originally invest in the stands and facilities I have my doubts we can pull this off.

If in 5 years time we are marching down to the 18,000 state of the art Boundary park watching us batter Wigan to take an early lead in our race to get back into the premiership then I will toast those that made it happen. However surely we must understand that things don't always have a knack of working out after all, How many times have we seen ambitius plans being unveiled only for them to be nothing more than a false dawn?

So are you saying and quite clear about it that none of the monies used to purchase the Lancaster Club site was in anyway linked to OAFC(2004) Ltd.,? Personally I don't have a problem with Blitz getting hgis money back ploughed into Latics, providing we get a decent home to play in and a team worthy of the name in tact.

EDIT: I would say Brassbank is linked.

Re reading it, we are tenants on 20/40 year lease to Brassbank

But if that is SB's way of getting his money back, then fair enough.

At least he still cares enough to not try and get it all back. in fact using it purely as business is not the worst secnario.

The market for buying property has slumped but the market for renting has grown if anything we would have cashed in as potential landlords. If the council had stopped sticking their finger in and pandering to the Keep Oldham in the Dark Ages society we wouldn't have this mess.

For those who are just having a pop at fans for being negative take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The original Boundary park development was an £80 million development. The plans for Failsworth were a £20million development (to outcries of downsizing) The hand out from the council is £5.7million and some of that will be pocketed by Blitz and Gazel. Downsizing?

The club according to last years accounts made a loss of £1.5million which was inflated by £500,000 write of Oldham Arena development. So in reality we are losing £1million per year so this new stand will have to make a £1million profit per year Before we can consider strengthening the playing budget. Bearing in mind we may get less than £3million to originally invest in the stands and facilities I have my doubts we can pull this off.

If in 5 years time we are marching down to the 18,000 state of the art Boundary park watching us batter Wigan to take an early lead in our race to get back into the premiership then I will toast those that made it happen. However surely we must understand that things don't always have a knack of working out after all, How many times have we seen ambitius plans being unveiled only for them to be nothing more than a false dawn?

love the fact you base all this on the ASSUMPTION that we are downsizing the overall plans, the ASSUMPTION that we are losing 1m a year (given our budget i'd imagine we're losing slightly less nearer 800k) and you are ASSUMING Corney hasn't got investees/companies/funding lined up - do yu really think SC would go ahead with all this planning and revamping without knowing funding is/will be in place to do it after what he has already been through? I seriously doubt it.

You may well be proved right and come 5 years nowt has happened i will stand corrected by your views proving to be reality; but WAIT until things are planned/progress further and we get a picture of where we are regards what is going to be implemented.

Have patience and above all have faith in SC amd the board - the new revamp may not mean we generate income to be a championship club - given what funding we can source etc it may well be a case of us only being able to have certain facilities incorporated into any new plans and therefore restricts potential revenue - but hey, we would still have a club come what may.

KTF and lets be positive until blatantly told/circumstances prove otherwise.

Typical Latics fans...never happy!!! One of the main reasons BP isnt a fun place to attend on a saturday is because of the typical moaning attitude, get a grip! We have a club, we have something to look forward to...Keep the faith!

We could have easily gone the same way as Stockport, Luton, Chester...

If I see KTF or keep the faith one more time I'm putting an unpleasant word filter in place.

Just because other clubs are worse off than us doesn't mean we can't be concerned about our own obvious flaws and highlight any potential pitfalls.

Blind faith is infinitely more damaging than some well placed apprehension.

Wherew were we getting this £80 / £20 million from? We were looking for investment from outside....No £5.7 million won't cover what it needs to but its a start and we now have agreed plans in place which can only help when we go out seeking further investment...