Frantic Friday?

Let's consider the evidence............

1. A very quiet Thursday - a day known for transfer activity - especially last one before start of season

2. Feeney's departure leaving a massive hole in our striking options

3. Marc being ever present in the pre-seasons

4. Comments from the club indicating that we're likely to see three new faces come kick off on Saturday

To avoid knackered keyboards across the OWTB membership, could the club announce the likelihood of there being any transfer activity tomorrow?

Even if it's a % scoring -

0-25% = nothing to see here so get on with your work

26-50% = safe to go to your meetings and return every few hours

51-75% = we've locked the windows and barred mobiles so any targets entering BP will not leave until they sign on the dotted line...unless they find a way out

76%-100% = best get your fingers ready, make a flask and some sandwiches because the web monkey will be working overtime

I'll even pay a fiver for the missed "hits" because I'm sick of this will we, won't we that's the soap opera of OL1

Let's consider the evidence............

1. A very quiet Thursday - a day known for transfer activity - especially last one before start of season

2. Feeney's departure leaving a massive hole in our striking options

3. Marc being ever present in the pre-seasons

4. Comments from the club indicating that we're likely to see three new faces come kick off on Saturday

To avoid knackered keyboards across the OWTB membership, could the club announce the likelihood of there being any transfer activity tomorrow?

Even if it's a % scoring -

0-25% = nothing to see here so get on with your work

26-50% = safe to go to your meetings and return every few hours

51-75% = we've locked the windows and barred mobiles so any targets entering BP will not leave until they sign on the dotted line...unless they find a way out

76%-100% = best get your fingers ready, make a flask and some sandwiches because the web monkey will be working overtime

I'll even pay a fiver for the missed "hits" because I'm sick of this will we, won't we that's the soap opera of OL1

more like f*ck all happening friday

"To avoid knackered keyboards across the OWTB membership, could the club announce the likelihood of there being any transfer activity tomorrow?"

No - after star striker gate I'd rather them say nowt / or very little.

Didn't we bring le tonk and Jean-Yves in on the day before trampmere last season?

It is certainly true the last day of transfer window before is busiest one of the busiest days (67 transfer last August), but the last couple of days before the start of the season are fairly busy.

20 the last Friday, and 30 the last Thursday last season.

But we know there is technical hold up on el Spaniardo, and looks like Parker has a strong likelihood in two trial spells.

SO you gotta hope for two confirmed, but not last minute signings.

The first team would not be in bad shape then, and we know a bit of depth may come from some loanees.

Edited by singe

Quite angry at this pre-season. We've got ten senior players, an inexperienced youngster on loan and a reserve keeper coming out of retirement. Then we've got nine kids with no-to-very little experience.

This is total crap. Even if we make those signings (one inexperienced/unproven striker, one midfield player from Madrid's third team and a left back who has already been criticised by many who have seen him), it won't be enough.

Did we go into administration but not tell anyone? We might as well with this squad. The potential/ability is there, but there is NO depth, none at all.

Another season of huge numbers of short term loans? Very frustrating, and that's being extremely polite.

:ranting::ranting:

Quite angry at this pre-season. We've got ten senior players, an inexperienced youngster on loan and a reserve keeper coming out of retirement. Then we've got nine kids with no-to-very little experience.

This is total crap. Even if we make those signings (one inexperienced/unproven striker, one midfield player from Madrid's third team and a left back who has already been criticised by many who have seen him), it won't be enough.

Did we go into administration but not tell anyone? We might as well with this squad. The potential/ability is there, but there is NO depth, none at all.

Another season of huge numbers of short term loans? Very frustrating, and that's being extremely polite.

I'm happy with this pre-season we have signed som awesome players, and I think people just need to sit back relax and see what happens. I think we will annonce two or more tomorrow, with the deals being more or less down earlier.

If we don't we got a very strong line up for Saturday and a decent bench, and I doubt, unless we sign a striker, that any new lads will break into the 11 for Sat and Tuesday night I'm not worried.

I personally think we will sign parker and left back but believe that leaves us a cm and a winger short. I do like the policy of if there good enough there old enough but its a long season and it will be a massive ask for a young player, say mellor? To step in for long parts of the season for say chris taylor...

Was it 1st game eve last year that we signed big jean and tonk??

Eitherway I'm ridiculously looking forward to sticking it up them yourkshire b*stards tmoz!

i think we're 2 strikers, a centre mid a cover centre half and a full back off the playoffs but we're skint so what did you expect? However we're forever being praised for our young lads so hopefully a few will live up to the hype this season. Also had a thought the other day...with us seeming like a side that raises their game against bigger sides and their being a lot of them in the league this year...we could actually do ok....

Our form against the top half teams last season was decidedly poor, with most of our points coming against teams in the bottom half.

Having said that, I'm quietly confident that we're going to do OK, provided we sort out our CM and striker deficiencies.

Hopefully that'll happen today.

Our form against the top half teams last season was decidedly poor, with most of our points coming against teams in the bottom half.

Having said that, I'm quietly confident that we're going to do OK, provided we sort out our CM and striker deficiencies.

Hopefully that'll happen today.

3 more needed IMO; and I think 2 of them are with us already?

Spanish #4 - Marc - as the CM reinforcement.

Josh Parker to bolster the striking options.

Leaving 1 more place; possibly for a loan - and i'd like to see that being a left sided player who can cover LB & LM.

Other than that - whilst obviously taking into account our budget limitations - I'm more than happy with the starting X1 and the 5 man bench.

This might explain why there hasn't been much player movement yet http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14399073.stm could we get Sol Campbell in to fill Greegan's shorts?

Most of these players don't have a mortgage and have hundreds of thousands or even millions in the bank. Therefore to bridge the gap between player and fan, it would set a superb example if one or two dropped down to our league and accepted a deal of 10% of what they were paid a season or two ago.

Just as long as they don't come to get one final, if meagre pay-day, and actuallu come and play to put something back into the lower leagues where most of them probably started anyway.

Makes you realise just how fortunate these players are who can afford to sit and wait for a better deal without the worry of paying the mortgage, feeding the kids, paying the bills etc.

They have to realise that they're not the big name anymore and not in demand.

Anyway, we'll sign La Fondre or McDonald soon so don't have to consider some ex-Prem striker

You might want to read this if you are feeling angry, lots of players will become more avaialble this week

BBC article on contracts

Edited by singe

Wasn't upson one of the ones that jumped on the west ham band wagon the other year when they were throwing daft money about and then wanted to leave as soon as it started to go tits up? If so, I really have no sympathy. Managers must see the mercenary way some players whore themselves from club to club, kissing badges one week and wiping their arses with them the next.

Screw em.

"Players with Premier League and Championship experience will often still be available because they have astronomical wages. Clubs would snap them up if they were available for £20k per week."

In with a chance then :grin:

As always Savage comes across well!

Come on Latics , its been 9 weeks since you posted this article ! Get it sorted !!

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2371155,00.html

:deal2: :deal2: :deal2: :deal2:

nothing will happen until trainings over will it.....i do believe there is trouble with paperwork for spanish mark...think josh parker will be one,but i reckon we still need goallie defensive dover and another midfielder....hope we dont sign defender with neymar cut he's :censored:e...

nothing will happen until trainings over will it.....i do believe there is trouble with paperwork for spanish mark...think josh parker will be one,but i reckon we still need goallie defensive dover and another midfielder....hope we dont sign defender with neymar cut he's :censored:e...

not hard I know but is this Parker a better prospect than Brooke?

i stand corrected!!!