Ernie Cooksey Cup

the Ernie Cooksey cup is a annual football match between Ashton United FC fans and the official Oldham Athletic fans team. played every year to raise money for good causes in the memory of the late great Ernie Cooksey, this years takings are going to be donated to OLDHAM ATHLETIC PLAYERSHARE, we always raise around the £500 mark but with support can easily double it, i have a white 3rd team kit signed off the team (this years) up for auction, it is free admission and ko is 11 am at Hurst Cross home of Ashton United, in its 4th year and the Latics team have never won it, with your support it could and should go to its rightful home. pleas come along and show your support and raise more momey for YOUR PLAYERSHARE...

Edited by j@cko

the Ernie Cooksey cup is a annual football match between Ashton United FC fans and the official Oldham Athletic fans team. played every year to raise money for charities in the memory of the late great Ernie Cooksey, this years takings are going to be donated to OLDHAM ATHLETIC PLAYERSHARE, we always raise around the £500 mark but with support can easily double it, i have a white 3rd team kit signed off the team (this years) up for auction, it is free admission and ko is 11 am at Hurst Cross home of Ashton United, in its 4th year and the Latics team have never won it, with your support it could and should go to its rightful home. pleas come along and show your support and raise more momey for YOUR PLAYERSHARE...

I might have some of that Jacko, who's playing for the fans team?

it is in my eyes mate, i thin latics lee is sortin the fans team out

Fair enough but you want to be careful about promoting something as a charity when it isn't, especially when it's using someone's name. Plenty migh assuem it was for skin cancer research.

Fair enough but you want to be careful about promoting something as a charity when it isn't, especially when it's using someone's name. Plenty migh assuem it was for skin cancer research.

no one has mentioned charity mate, :wink:

No mention of charity at all in original post. You might want to read the first post properly and drink a few less before you respond :lol:

is playershare a charity?

I have to say, my immediate response was that it didn't seem very appropriate for this to be a PlayerShare vehicle, rather than, say, Factor 50 (which people may wrongly assume is the beneficiary based on past events). None of my business really but that's my two penneth. Some things are more important than Latics signing a new player.

I have to say, my immediate response was that it didn't seem very appropriate for this to be a PlayerShare vehicle, rather than, say, Factor 50 (which people may wrongly assume is the beneficiary based on past events). None of my business really but that's my two penneth. Some things are more important than Latics signing a new player.

i raise 1000s of pounds a year doing benefit do's i am in a band and we sell out 4 or 5 times a year all for charities, i cant save the world mate, i merely do my bit for wat i think is right,,,,i am sure your £3 u spent on that last pint friday nite wudda been better donated to a worth while cause, please dont take the moral high ground,,,,i was donated a cup 4 years ago by timpsons,,the first year we raised money for Ernies funds, just before he passed away, the last time the funds went to ashton united towatrds a new roof,,,this year wether u like it or not its goin to playershare, a lot of work and begging goes in to running events like this,support em dont noc em

i raise 1000s of pounds a year doing ,,,this year wether u like it or not its goin to playershare, a lot of work and begging goes in to running events like this,support em dont noc em

A valid point was made, he wasn't having a dig.

A valid point was made, he wasn't having a dig.

Me neither mate, i was merely responding, sometimes people baffle me, you cant do wrong for right. all i am tryna do is make n effort. and the fans who have played in recent years will support this i'm sure. I am not sure where i stand at the mo, am I allowed to use OWTB to advertise the event?

Me neither mate, i was merely responding, sometimes people baffle me, you cant do wrong for right. all i am tryna do is make n effort. and the fans who have played in recent years will support this i'm sure. I am not sure where i stand at the mo, am I allowed to use OWTB to advertise the event?

Of course you are. And I wasn't knocking the effort at all, just voicing an opinion on the focus of the event.

I will try and be there too jacko, will also try and drag the ball and chain there if he is not working. Thanks for supporting Playershare too.

Lee you can't play, the state of you calf last Fri and the fact you were walking like you had crapped your pants makes this a bad idea

However Bohmein Rhapsody we can all murder....

:grin:

Edited by underdog

Jacko, as discussed at the game on saturday, i will be bringing a team to Ashton pal.

Ha ha, now i may be completely wrong here, but after watching you walk like a penguin with piles the other night, and then subsequently go into a coma on the bus, i'd be shocked if you could actually play football, never mind be any good at it!

i may be wrong tho......

:D

Ha ha, now i may be completely wrong here, but after watching you walk like a penguin with piles the other night, and then subsequently go into a coma on the bus, i'd be shocked if you could actually play football, never mind be any good at it!

i may be wrong tho......

:D

looks like the cup is stayin behind the bar at Ashton Utd then, i would love it to go to its rightful place but you gotta earn it

With you at the back then ill have no problem ;)

If anyone wants to play for latics side PM and ill add you to the list.

hey dude if possible could i have yer squad and a line or 2 about them for the programme, got a signed white shirt by the current squad and a signed Man Spew shirt by Wes Brown up for auction, if anyone wants to make any offers pm me or go public i aint mithered.....please try an get down and support the teams and PLAYERSHARE

cheers

hey dude if possible could i have yer squad and a line or 2 about them for the programme, got a signed white shirt by the current squad and a signed Man Spew shirt by Wes Brown up for auction, if anyone wants to make any offers pm me or go public i aint mithered.....please try an get down and support the teams and PLAYERSHARE

cheers

yeah pal,ill message you on FB

this event has now been cancelled due to OLDHAM ATHLETIC FANS TEAM not able to raise a team.....sorry

What? I was looking forward to this. I asked Lee today what was happening with it. I could have found a few players I reckon.