That was very poor

I hope tonights game isn't a sign of things to come. We've got a big man up front now in Smith but just smashing a ball at his head for 120 mins just doesn't do it for me. In footballing terms we don't look as good as we did last season in my opinion. Carlisle bossed the game for long periods and thats a bit of a worry as i wouldn't expect them to be up there at the end of the season. They got the ball out wide and got round the back of us to easily and put some good balls into the box, lucky for us no one got on the end of them. We created some good chances of our own in the first half but didn't make their keeper make a save. I know it's still early but it looks like being a long season to me.

Just my opinion however what did everyone else think?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PD and latics have major major problems this season.

No pattern of play except long balls to Smith, Midfielders who wont/can't pass the halfway line and absolutely no sign of creating chances in open play.

On top of that we have kids on the bench and we have a manager who states "this is a better team than last year".

Cloud cuckoo land Paul and unless 4 or 5 major signings are made whether they are loans or not we are going down this year.

Totally Pi**ed off with whats been served up these last 2 games and the thought of another 22 games like this is making me miserable in August.

Edited by losesome

I thought it was very promising.

Smith much better, Reid MUCH, MUCH better.

Morais will create goals.

Parker will create, score & entertain. Rapido :shock:

Wesolowski looked good thrown straight in.

Cisak is a massive improvement on Brill. Just wish he would stop punching.

Defence looks solid enough.

Winchester looked class when he came on, seems able to play anywhere.

Mellor looked good.

We'll come good and soon in my opinion.

PD and latics have major major problems this season.

No pattern of play except long balls to Smith, Midfielders who wont/can't pass the halfway line and absolutely no sign of creating chances in open play.

On top of that we have kids on the bench and we have a manager who states "this is a better team than last year".

Cloud cuckoo land Paul and unless 4 or 5 major signings are made whether they are loans or not we are going down this year.

Totally Pi**ed off with whats been served up these last 2 games and the thought of another 22 games like this is making me miserable in August.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

conflicting reports tonight!

Who to believe the doom and gloomers or the happy clappers??! I just cant decide.

I spoke to a Sheff United fan from my old work today and he said he thought it was an even game on saturday that they just edged, mainly down to a crazy start to the second half.

conflicting reports tonight!

Who to believe the doom and gloomers or the happy clappers??! I just cant decide.

I spoke to a Sheff United fan from my old work today and he said he thought it was an even game on saturday that they just edged, mainly down to a crazy start to the second half.

believe those in between the two :grin:

was some decent football played by us, at times, but not often enough, they scored and heads went down.. most of second half and extra time our midfield was part of their midfield, passing to them.. need a new striker and a new creative player..

It was better but, again, our half time team talk was inferior to the one of our opponents.

There was one brief glimpse of the slick passing that we were enjoying a year ago. We did get behind their defence a few times - and half the crosses were of an acceptable standard.

Wesolowski and Furman worked very well first half. The new lad can jump well for a short arse too - won a couple of headers he had no right to. The strike duo worked hard, although Smith was dead on his feet after 70 minutes. Reid was wrecked in extra time. Morais and Taylor were disappointing though - the training ground activity needs to focus on how the full backs link up with them, and both full backs seem to be easy to get past at times, especially Black. Centre halfs were good. Cisak made a couple of excellent reflex saves. I don't mind him punching but on at least two occasions he gave the ball to their players in dangerous positions - we will concede goals as a result of this during the season.

Taylor and Smith missed sitters and Smith was unlucky to hit the bar.

But I think Carlisle probably edged the game - which, as I see them as mid table opposition - suggests avoiding relegation is our best hope this season.

Last night was :censored:e! Yet again from PD no plan B, just standing on the sideline swearing at the officials with his arms crossed. Smith looked bloody knackered and should of been brought off. Our squad is super thin and last night show's it by putting on youth reserve team players.

At the start we had a couple of chances to put the game to bed but that wouldn't be latics now would it? Same as last season really can't keep hold of a lead. We was just lucky we was playing an equally bad team to ours otherwise we would of been beaten 4 5 - 1.

PD needs to bring in players and get a plan B in his book otherwise my £20 bet for us going down will be coming in!!

It's going to be a very very long season, I saw some potential in the team but need time to gel. I still think we're missing a creative midfielder to play the through ball, on numerous occassions last nite I saw the forwards wanting a through ball only for the midfield to pass staright to the opposition or out-wide to go backwards again.

It also doesn't help when you've got kids shoutign to the likes of Taylor "You're s**t!" and "It's your fault Taylor" as he walks towards the fans clapping and looking devasted!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ranting: you deserve your -2980

IF Dickov had the funds he would have a different team with plans C D and E. Its a club issue not Dickovs fault. Culpable managers in past getting us here.

So your telling me there is no plan b at all? what about changing formation or something? thats a different plan instead of 90 minutes of Hoof Ball. didnt ronnie moore get sacked because of that?

Didn't go last night, never once considered it.

Are we a team of bottlers and yellow bellies?

When we go ahead our mentality switches to fear and to settle for what we've got...we know we aint good enough to do that. When we go behind our heads drop. When we go further behind that's when we appear to pull our socks up and fight, but it's easy to do that when the match is over and no pressure.

Whats worrying is that Carlisle totally dominated from the second half onwards and only our goalie kept us in it ,

this against a team who got spanked 3-0 at home on Saturday against another team who escaped relagation by the skin of their teeth last season.

The last 2 games have been exactly as all the home games we played between Jan and the end of the season and that was relagation form by miles.

Does not bode well -

If we produced the same form over the whole season we will be down way before easter !!!!!!!!

We are 4 or 5 players short of being a team capable of finishing in the top half,.

Smith and Reid will struggle to score double figures between them.

They simply are not good enough to be in the first team for a side that has aspirations of making the play offs.

I am not just blaming these two , the way the whole side play would make it impossible for Drogba to score never mind these 2.

PD has to start learing (and quickly) a plan B for the second half because it is extremely obvious that teams change their tactics at half time against us and we can't cope with it.

If this is really the best we can do on the budget then i am afraid its league 2 here we come and if the purse strings really are that tight then maybe we can't expect anything else

and this is what we have to live with??

Come on Lee get a grip you dont walk from Sheffield to support a club then get lost in doom and gloom within five days. Players have to deliver ANY plan are they doing? Ultimately it will cost a job if they dont but who could do any better at moment??? can you plan for Morais and Taylor to be crap from reports? Perhaps 8 subs needed. Of course hoof ball is rubbish but hopefully they have been blasted this morning. Danger with Smith is you hit it long.... the striker to finish is the missing link.

I have been doubtful since last season when PD didn't have a clue then. Still doesn't now. How about playing someone with some speed with smith i dont know say someone like PARKER? they can be blasted all they want they are just not good enough to be honest.

Didn't go last night, never once considered it.

Are we a team of bottlers and yellow bellies?

When we go ahead our mentality switches to fear and to settle for what we've got...we know we aint good enough to do that. When we go behind our heads drop. When we go further behind that's when we appear to pull our socks up and fight, but it's easy to do that when the match is over and no pressure.

This certainly seems to be the case at the moment.

I think we're missing an old head in midfield - a Sheridan sort of character to pull us through and, of course, this elusive 20-goal a season striker.

We're good at the back (although the jury's still out for me regarding the 'keeper) but the midfield and attack needs some organisation.

Is there a winger or anyone on the books who can actually cross a ball ? ...most other teams seem to have them.

The throw ins were again diabolical, no movement whatsoever, what do Latics coaches actually do all week ?

Is there a winger or anyone on the books who can actually cross a ball ? ...most other teams seem to have them.

The throw ins were again diabolical, no movement whatsoever, what do Latics coaches actually do all week ?

Is there a winger or anyone on the books who can actually cross a ball ? ................ NO!!!! and I've been saying it for a year or two!

We'd be better off playing 4-3-3.............Everybody keeps raving on about Chris Taylor....if he was Championship quality he'd be there now!!!

Is there a winger or anyone on the books who can actually cross a ball ? ................ NO!!!! and I've been saying it for a year or two!

We'd be better off playing 4-3-3.............Everybody keeps raving on about Chris Taylor....if he was Championship quality he'd be there now!!!

Taylor needs to get back to basics, he's one dimensional and not contributing to the team.

Edited by BP1960

Taylor needs to gets back to basics, he's one dimensional and not contributing to the team.

He wouldn't get dropped if he played :censored:e every week and now with all these kids it's even less likely. I honestly believe he is holding the team back.

As you've said with him in the team we are totally one dimensional.

I would honestly sell him to the highest bidder....a great servant but it's time to move on.

I've just put my flak jacket but I don't care!!!!

Blaming our one decent player, for the fact that we are sh1t? Beam me up scotty.

No.

Pointing out that his effectiveness isn't what it can be.

Better players - of which he is one - have a bigger effect on the whole team , beneficial when they are playing well, negatively when they aren't.

He wouldn't get dropped if he played :censored:e every week and now with all these kids it's even less likely. I honestly believe he is holding the team back.

As you've said with him in the team we are totally one dimensional.

I would honestly sell him to the highest bidder....a great servant but it's time to move on.

I've just put my flak jacket but I don't care!!!!

Where would be without the eleven goals he scored last season? League Two, that's where.

Sell him if the price is right but don't kid yourself that he's the reason we're crap.

Blaming our one decent player, for the fact that we are sh1t? Beam me up scotty.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, technically he's very good.... What I am saying is, when he's in the team we only ever play one way. Everything seems to have to go through Taylor thus when he has a bad game so does the team.

We've relied on him for so long now and I just think it's time for a change in approach.

If we could get a decent fee for him allowing us to get 2 or 3 quality players in I genuinely believe it could benefit the team.

If we could get a decent fee for him allowing us to get 2 or 3 quality players in I genuinely believe it could benefit the team.

Would the savings made by not having to pay Taylor a wage fund 2 or 3 new wages? I doubt it.

We have the ginger one on the cheap. Getting him to sign a new contract would be a better option than getting rid.