Losing 2-0 to Yeovil

I could cope losing to Sheff United but losing to Yeovil is very worrying.

It annoys me to hear we was in control again in the second half but couldnt score (banjo) then throw it away second half ,

what the frig do we do at half time ?

Not normally a doom and gloomer but I'm finding it so hard to see any positives this season , I mean apart from Parker on the bench what do we have once we go behind ?

GULP

#newstandinleague2

Time the budget gets upped and PD uses it better than his current efforts. TTA need to sell up or get some cash into this club. Early days. yes, but no goals as yet is not a good sign. I cannot see us getting nothing at Scunny either.

It's going to be a long, hard season. Losing Furman for who knows how long is going to be a massive blow.

For the first time in a im very worried about the realistic possibility of relegation. Don't think 1 or 2 signings is going to do that much good. The elusive 'right players' are just not out there.

I know it's very early in the season but serious action needed or we're in danger this season.

It's going to be a long, hard season. Losing Furman for who knows how long is going to be a massive blow.

For the first time in a im very worried about the realistic possibility of relegation. Don't think 1 or 2 signings is going to do that much good. The elusive 'right players' are just not out there.

I know it's very early in the season but serious action needed or we're in danger this season.

Latics now look an easy touch, tip tapping about getting nowhere.

Now maybe its the sheer amount of miles I've put in to get to this gamw that's clouding my judgement BUT

I'm normally a fan who looks to take the positives out of any game.......but I honestly can't find any from this game.

We were devoid of ideas. The sub that then took Taylor to LB was a farce and we created 1 chance which Smith headed straight at the 'Keeper.

Make no bones - if that's the level we hit this season, then we're in trouble.

Happy clapper hat well & truly chucked onto the Huish Park pitch. That was poor.

Sorry guys wasn't being a smartarse over the summer but said all along we're relegation fodder, We've gone from free-flowing football to being scared of our own shadow, the personnel have changed somewhat, the tactics, failures and same old crap being spouted by the manager haven't. The budget is :censored: yes but there is money there still and a fair whack I reckon but by taking the stance he has we've wasted a full pre-season and will be trying to integrate panic signings into a team devoid of confidence and rock bottom. Dickov's breath of fresh-air that arrived last Summer is beginning to smell like stale horse-:censored:….*

*BUT the manager sill has my full support, but I would like to see him taking the bull by the horns…and i'll be there at Scunny to see if the worm can turn...

Edited by oafcprozac

Sorry guys wasn't being a smartarse over the summer but said all along we're relegation fodder, We've gone from free-flowing football to being scared of our own shadow, the personnel have changed somewhat, the tactics, failures and same old crap being spouted by the manager haven't. The budget is :censored: yes but there is money there still and a fair whack I reckon but by taking the stance he has we've wasted a full pre-season and will be trying to integrate panic signings into a team devoid of confidence and rock bottom. Dickov's breath of fresh-air that arrived last Summer is beginning to smell like stale horse-:censored:….*

*BUT the manager sill has my full support, but I would like to see him taking the bull by the horns…and i'll be there at Scunny to see if the worm can turn...

an its took you all weekend to come up with that....bet ya cant wait for season to end to say i told you so....oh sorry,you are already....

an its took you all weekend to come up with that....bet ya cant wait for season to end to say i told you so....oh sorry,you are already....

Nope, a few on here were getting giddy suggesting play offs etc….You get accused of being a doom and gloomer when you are simply telling it like it is.

I'm sure PD will get bodies in and sooner or later the dust will settle and we'll start to pick points up. We lost the first 5 in 99/00 yet survived easily, and what is heartening is the start Walsall had last season and they survived. Even the plastic scousers, who are having delusions of grandeur at the moment (can't wait for that bubble to burst) have looked dead and buried early doors over the last three years so you never know. 4 points from Tuesday and Saturday and it's game on. Lose them both and people become more and desperate.

Like our excellent start last season I won't get carried away, there have been some positives but I think too many are in the comfort zone with no-one to challenge them for their places.

98/99 we lost the first two, stayed up on the final day

99/00 lost the first 5, mid-table

00/01 One win in the first 11 mid-table

03/04 1 point from the first four, survived with games to spare

04/05 Lost the first two, survived on the last day

06/07 Lost the first two, Play Offs

07/08 1 win in the first 5

09/10 One win in first 7

Nope, a few on here were getting giddy suggesting play offs etc….You get accused of being a doom and gloomer when you are simply telling it like it is.

I'm sure PD will get bodies in and sooner or later the dust will settle and we'll start to pick points up. We lost the first 5 in 99/00 yet survived easily, and what is heartening is the start Walsall had last season and they survived. Even the plastic scousers, who are having delusions of grandeur at the moment (can't wait for that bubble to burst) have looked dead and buried early doors over the last three years so you never know. 4 points from Tuesday and Saturday and it's game on. Lose them both and people become more and desperate.

Like our excellent start last season I won't get carried away, there have been some positives but I think too many are in the comfort zone with no-one to challenge them for their places.

98/99 we lost the first two, stayed up on the final day

99/00 lost the first 5, mid-table

00/01 One win in the first 11 mid-table

03/04 1 point from the first four, survived with games to spare

04/05 Lost the first two, survived on the last day

06/07 Lost the first two, Play Offs

07/08 1 win in the first 5

09/10 One win in first 7

i agree with the thoughts on people getting giddy....just wont happen.....id be more than happy with midtable,due to amount of bodies lost and bodies in and quality...

i just dont see us being relegation fodder as you do....

very early days yet i know...look at blackpool the season they did it,god awful start..look at norwich.....lots of examples to look at....

if we bring in 3 or 4 decent players i think it will kick start us..but corney has to slacken the purse strings,there is as you say money there....but he is not letting it be spent..

i agree with the thoughts on people getting giddy....just wont happen.....id be more than happy with midtable,due to amount of bodies lost and bodies in and quality...

i just dont see us being relegation fodder as you do....

very early days yet i know...look at blackpool the season they did it,god awful start..look at norwich.....lots of examples to look at....

if we bring in 3 or 4 decent players i think it will kick start us..but corney has to slacken the purse strings,there is as you say money there....but he is not letting it be spent..

I'm not so sure, I think it's more Dickov fannying about (Fernandez etc..) instead of getting real with the budget and agents….

One aspect I am suprised no one has mentioned is competition for places.

Not having any might be a factor

It seems that from Diockovs comments he is looking at 2,3, or even more.

That will help.

But think we should stay calm and hold our nerve to wait for quality players to become avaialble.

Now is not the time to panic, two league games in.

Norwich, Southampton and Blackpool mentioned so far in this thread. What do they have in common? Something that we don't have: resources.

exactly, people accuse you of being negative and (not having the faith) but blind faith is a very dangerous thing there are those of us that can see we're 3-4 players from having a side that can even compete at this level, if things stay as they do then we're going down because the current squad isn't good enough and thats just realism I'm afraid

Edited by Tommy_Fent