3 games with 0 goals (in open play) = Dickov OUT!

Having walked out at 3-0 and had the drive home to rationalise the performance, I think the lack of rub-of-the-green is a big factor at the moment.

Confidence obviously isn't high - now when you miss three sitters just before half-time and minutes after the re-start conceed a goal following a free-kick that never should have been given, it must be hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.

We created a lot of chances today, but didn't get the run of the ball - this elusive striker might have made a big difference.

The defence was appalling today - Black and M'Voto looked like they'd never played together before. Diamond is an absolute hot-head and will get sent-off a lot. On a booking, he was lucky not to see another yellow for a foul leading up to their penalty. Lee was the only defender to come out with any credit.

A mention for Reuben Reid, who has obviously taken the "lazy" abuse on board - he absolutely ran his socks off, especially in the first-half.

I think we'll get better, but badly need this striker - Reid is OK only as a squad player and we can't rely on Smith to jump straight from non-league and be the centre-piece striker.

I think we need to give Dickov more time. The signings he's made are good replacements for the players we've lost over the summer and I don't think we're a million miles away on the pitch. We just need a bit of luck.

At Last, 4 page in and someone sensible, and someone who went to the game...

Well said

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those blaming SC, have you actually thought about the bigger picture.

practically every club in this division has reduced their budget this year. sack that, practicall every club int he land.

the players bought in on paper are better.

Simple as, it will take time.

wouldn't like most of the posters to be beside me in the trenches.

How quick would that white flag go up?

Edited by singe

Penney had a much bigger squad to work with than Dickov, also sent a few players who maybe should of got a chance, out on loan and he had 3 owners money to spend rather than 1, who does not have a lot to invest, apparently.

Similar.

I think it's right fans are concerned at how we are doing but the time for change definately isn't now.

A win on Tuesday and we're out of the relegation zone. Dickov should be given time to sort the current problems out and be given a few seasons to mould the club to how he feels best.

This shouldn't be at the expense of the club though. If there is a very real threat the club will be relegated then it's time to find someone else.

We aren't in a very real threat of relegation, there's 44 games to go and plenty of time to sort it out.

I don't get you,you walk from Sheffield to Oldham but put money on your team to go down,plus I seem to remember you saying you weren't coming to any games this season

I'm not sure what the word is. One minute he's very pro OAFC, the next very anti OAFC but both extremes seem to make sense to him.

well the majority of the people on here are all for Dickov and against Corney. Completely backwards in my eyes. Dickov has had over a full season and a whole pre-season to sort his team out and to get them playing in style he wants. If he can't get it in order enough by this time to at least score 1 goal in open play in 3 matches, it rings serious alarm bells. He needs to go now sooner than later so the next one in has enough time to get their style into the squad, because at this rate we'll be bottom at Christmas, a lot of you with your heads up Dickovs brown eye will be shouting for his head and then complaining about the new guy not getting results quickly.

Genuinely, can some people give me a yardstick for when they believe this season Dickov's position should be questioned? How many games gone and how many points that's all I'm after.

well the majority of the people on here are all for Dickov and against Corney. Completely backwards in my eyes. Dickov has had over a full season and a whole pre-season to sort his team out and to get them playing in style he wants. If he can't get it in order enough by this time to at least score 1 goal in open play in 3 matches, it rings serious alarm bells. He needs to go now sooner than later so the next one in has enough time to get their style into the squad, because at this rate we'll be bottom at Christmas, a lot of you with your heads up Dickovs brown eye will be shouting for his head and then complaining about the new guy not getting results quickly.

Genuinely, can some people give me a yardstick for when they believe this season Dickov's position should be questioned? How many games gone and how many points that's all I'm after.

End of the year at earliest, and even that is probably too soon.

What we dont need is hot heads like you (thankfully it looks like you are more or less alone at the moment and the asylum doors are bolted :grin: ).

Who do you expect to replace him with? And who after that? And who after that? And who after that?

WE havn't got any money......... it will take 3 years at least to get it right!

NOBODY else will prob do any better so get your head out of yer arse............. we are one of the lowest budgets in 3rd tier and also one of the bookies fav's to go down.

Now please have a drink, calm down and for :censored:s sake keep the faith. we are 2 matches in :shock:

november at earliest, still a few weeks of transfer window left, he's in talks with a striker who could join.. if dickov got sacked, who would you want to replace him realistically? and how long would you give him? 5 minutes into his job for us to score from open play? we created a few chances today, its not Dickov's fault that Smith had his header saved, that smith headed over, that one our players couldn't strech far enough, that diamond had a goal ruled out, that morais hit over. Dickov even had 4 up front at one point. Against Sheffield, was it Dickovs fault diamond flicked over when it was easier to score? Was it Dickov's fault that sheffield cleared Smith's header of the line? Against Carlisle, was it Dickov's fault Smith hit the bar twice? That Taylor side-footed it over when all he had to do was beat the keeper? All Dickov's fault yeah? We are creating the chances, but not scoring, which Dickov is trying to sort out - Norwich want to much for Cody Mc, is that Dickov's fault? Porter agreed to rejoin then joined Sheff Utd, is that Dickov's fault? Donaldson's agent was asking for to much, is that Dickov's fault? He's improved the squad from last season mostly,

Brill out Cisak in

Hazell out Diamond in

Feeney out Smith & Parker in

Also signed a key player for P'boros promotion side who has been with us for less than week.

When we're under-achieving?

When we're more than two games into the season?

When we've got millions to spend on players and are still :censored:e?

There's a few starters for ten.....

Seriously, no goals in open play in 3 games is shocking. Yeovil away and we can't even get 1! He needs to go now. One of the smallest squads in the league, his own doing, and now Furman is out (sounds like the season) we're in deep trouble and it's only 2 league games gone! For all of you about to reply it'll come good just need time, he's had plenty of time to get it right and I'm still not seeing it.

Can I also predict the post match interview, Dickov blames the team for not keeping shape and not doing the basic things right. He says it every time we lose. I'm sick of his excuses and always blaming the players for his complete lack of managerial nouse, get rid now before it's too late!

Unless you posted this by mobile phone, at 4:51pm, before the game had even finished, I can only assume that you weren't there today. Which means that you've nothing concrete to go on, unless you got to BP for the first two games. If you did go to those two, then you are basing your opinions on a maximum of 2 games.

And before you get hot under the collar, mumbling on about the 2nd half of last season, that doesn't count in my eyes. This is a new season, minus Brill, Stephens, Tounkara, Evina, Feeney, et al, with the introduction of Cisak, Diamond, Wesolowski, Smith, Lund & Parker. Now we've had to adapt without Furball.

There were, although I doubt you will believe it because your tiny mind's made up, some good periods for Latics today. A number of moves cut Yeovil open with swift passing and players interchanging. Reid, who worked his Niagaras off all afternoon, could have had us 1 up in the first minute. Smith should have scored from a cracking Black cross instead of heading over. Wesolowski made a terrific run second half ending with a cross that we couldn't get on the end of. Shots were blocked and, yes, we made mistakes as well.

If we had been mullered, I'd be worried, but we weren't. If we had gone in 2 or 3 up at half time, no-one could have complained.

Dickov is not a happy man. He is still learning his trade and sees things going wrong. He wants to put them right, but has his hands tied to a certain degree. We don't have any money, so you get the best you can with what you've got. If the best still isn't good enough, you do without it. You don't sign players for the sake of it.

You obviously think that this can't be turned round in 44 games. I'd love to stick you in the manager's chair to see what your solutions would be, because as far as I can see, you've not offered anything constructive. Destructive criticism is a doddle. A 5 year old child can do that. Constructive is something else.

So, you're now the manager. You've got sod all money, can't offer huge wages, a small squad. Of the three players you really wanted, one changed his mind and pissed off to Sheff Utd, one is haggling and dragging his feet, one won't come because his club want megabucks. You have no time at all to try to sort the problem out because some dickhead is winding up genuine supporters to get rid of you. What are you going to do now?

Tell you one thing you have done. Driving back from the game today, we were discussing how long it would be before some numpty started off a thread like this one. You have exceeded all expectations by several hours. Never mind, given that you appear to live in Lincolnshire, you could always pop along to Sunny Scunny on Tuesday night and produce an in depth, informative match report.

I wait with bated breath.

One thing I love about the internet is that it creates discussion between people who would never normally speak to each other. You, though are someone who most would regard as a fool. You talk utter rubbish, do you ever go to games? Do you ever even watch anything other than Match of the Day and Premiership? Do you know how the lower leagues work? Or are you that up your own arse to understand you may be wrong about this, most disagree with you but yet your still spouting anit-Dickov bollacks. As you may be able to tell I like the guy, and happen to think he has done a good job.

We live in a free world, and you are free to say what you likr but please take the know-it-all attitude out of your posts. Even more so when your going against common thinking and common sense.

When we're under-achieving?

When we're more than two games into the season?

When we've got millions to spend on players and are still :censored:e?

There's a few starters for ten.....

Those sound like bonus rounds to me.

However, if come Dec 4th and the season were to end then we would go down then PD might be in danger of getting his P45. He would have had 18 months to get a squad/team and be in a worse position than Penney. Yes he did well in his first 6 months but maybe he benefited from not being Penney. His off the field management skills might be above expectations- see signing Mvoto for less money than others offered. But I'm still less than convinced about his on the field skills, as demonstrated by our poor second half record. By the sound of it Tuesday was the second time in 6 months that PD has been out thought by Greg Abbott (not that highly rated a manager) at half-time or later in 6 months.

However, if I was putting money on a league 1 manager to be sacked I'd be more tempted on Lee Clark, who has spent money, than Dickov. For promotion contenders they have started slowly and we may be playing them at a good time.

If we had been mullered, I'd be worried, but we weren't. If we had gone in 2 or 3 up at half time, no-one could have complained.

Agree with the majority of the post but I certainly wouldn't have complained with us being 2 or 3 down at half time either. They cut through us a lot and if not for last ditch tackles/good saves by Cisak/luck they could've been out of sight.