Rochdale Fans

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main stand and chaddy end did seem pretty much full to me. <_<

I'm sure we will out number them at Spotland again this season like last.

they get 3000 home fans, we get 4000, but we'll take 3200 again, even if we're bottom of the league + 1000 who can't get in

I don't get it (???)

I know that - I was in it mate.

My view was from the main stand, I thought it looked a lot more than half, But saying that it could of been my positive outlook because we were 2-0 up when discussing it I could be wrong :)

HarryBosch: No idea what you are talking about. :unsure:

My view was from the main stand, I thought it looked a lot more than half, But saying that it could of been my positive outlook because we were 2-0 up when discussing it I could be wrong :)

HarryBosch: No idea what you are talking about. :unsure:

Its easy, he is saying that our ratio to home and away fans is strange..... we get 4000 for a home game, but can take 3200 away to Rochdale..

Is that right Boschy

Its easy, he is saying that our ratio to home and away fans is strange..... we get 4000 for a home game, but can take 3200 away to Rochdale..

Is that right Boschy

I think he was trying to say that we take the majority of our home support to Rochdale, but they only bring just over a third of theirs.

Is that right Boschy :lol:

I long for the day when Latics fans get on in perfect harmony......

hahahah it's just a ball of string ...someone snaps it and everyone moans..it makes me wonder why people go to boundary park then vent there frustrations on a message board...i found the cure i tend to go down manchester these days oops just for a few snifters sheepish grin ..no fcukin moans down there young man..it ain'like owdam it kinda gives you a buzzz hahahaha :grin: :grin: :grin: i'll; never forget the buzz of bp..will i??? :grin: :grin: :grin:

That is a bit of a myth. We took 2,800 on two occasions. One was the last away game of the season when we were securing a play off position in our centenary season and the year after when we were in 3rd and Bury were 4th near the end of the season as well. We took 2,000 when we were top of the league on a Monday night live on Sky as well. Apart from that we usually take 1,200ish.

Also it seems £23 is beyond the cut off point for many and the fact we have played Bury a lot more often in recent years means there is a bit more about it.

That is a bit of a myth. We took 2,800 on two occasions. One was the last away game of the season when we were securing a play off position in our centenary season and the year after when we were in 3rd and Bury were 4th near the end of the season as well. We took 2,000 when we were top of the league on a Monday night live on Sky as well. Apart from that we usually take 1,200ish.

Also it seems £23 is beyond the cut off point for many and the fact we have played Bury a lot more often in recent years means there is a bit more about it.

Ah, fair enough. I agree, £23 for 3rd tier football, especially two average teams, is pretty much extortion.

£23 is too much for this standard of football. Officials will say about the need to bring in renvenue to hit UEFA targets but even still the working class people around here will not fork out over 20 quid to watch 3rd rate football.

'UEFA' and 'Working Class' will never mix...

There is a Rochdale fan who posts on a Thai football forum. He obviously thinks that a trip to BP is a big deal. Here's his most recent offering.

"Yeah Bury are doing great, unlike the Mighty Dale. Massive derby at Oldham and lost 2-0".

£23 is too much for this standard of football. Officials will say about the need to bring in renvenue to hit UEFA targets but even still the working class people around here will not fork out over 20 quid to watch 3rd rate football.

If we had charged £20 and that had brought in an extra 200 or so adult paying fans we would have had more money... not to mention the increased pie sales :wink: