simon corney!

It doesn't matter what Simon Corney says, most people on here don't seem to beleive him. I attended both Stadium consultation nights and when you listen to him you are left in no doubt about his intentions or that our club is in safe hands. It's just a shame people form their opinions sat behind keyboards rather than take the opportunities to listen to the guy.

It doesn't matter what Simon Corney says, most people on here don't seem to beleive him. I attended both Stadium consultation nights and when you listen to him you are left in no doubt about his intentions or that our club is in safe hands. It's just a shame people form their opinions sat behind keyboards rather than take the opportunities to listen to the guy.

I don't doubt his good intentions. Never have done.

I'd question delivery though. We've moved from being a bankrupt club with 4 stands with a belief that we could make the Championship to being a potless club with three stands and a belief that League One survival is a good season. I suspect TTA woukd privately agree that they've not exactly met their own objectives for the football club.

By the way, I have absolutely no problem with the owners making a packet from any land deal linked to Oldham Athletic that also secures a long term future for Latics.

So I have a few questions, based predominantly on information picked up here, newspapers and the football club itself.

1. If £2m is freed up to build a £6m-£8m stand, where is the other money coming from and when will work start?

2. What is the intended ownership structure of the football club? Specifically, it was reported somewhere that Corney would be the sole owner.

3. What capacity will the new stand have and what other facilties will it have?

4. There was talk of a 20-40 year lease for Boundary Park. Why so short?

5. If the club's debt has increased by a further £600k in the last year, who has plugged the gap?

I'm sure there are more questions that can be asked. I accept that answers can't always be forthcoming if other potential investors are not yet committed to things. But while pleased that Latics are staying at BP I think fans need to know more than appears to be available at the moment.

Edited by opinions4u

£6m-£8m?

We were getting a whole stadium with extra facilities for £20m a few months back!

The £20M stadium comprised of say an £8M all singing dancing main stand with offices, changing rooms, boxes, entertaining, banqueting, and any other money making venture they could add and the remaining £12M would have paid for the other 3 stands.

Just listened to it and very, very impressed.

The other key point that he made is that he is spending half his week away from his family and his wife is a New Yorker and really wants to live there.

Latics has been a financial and to some extent personal diaster for SC but he doesn't come across as bitter and has stuck it out, partly because he has to as he so heavily invested in it, but it seems to me that he is sticking it out because it's the right thing to do and because he's an honourable bloke.

Simon Blitz is the big money man and understandably got fed up after six years but he has struck a deal with SC and Latics in terms of the ground/land and the club is on a relatively stable footing.

I wasn't going to go to Colchester tomorrow but I am now!

Thank you TTA

I believe the deal regarding ownership of the club was that Corney was going to take on the shares owned by Blitz and Gazal, and the lease on the land was as quoted earlier.

I would also add to the questions raised by O4u

Has a plan of any kind been drawn up for the remaining three stands. If not, then why not considering the amount of money we are spending on maintenance. If so then

- Are we looking at flattening and completely rebuilding the current main stand and chaddy, or are we just going to refurbish the Chaddy?

- How are we going to fund the other stands

- What is the plan for the RRE.

I am not going to fault their effort for trying to salvage something for the club after the failsworth debacle. However, without meaning to come across as being too cynical, after witnessing three failed stadium projects (Ferney Field, BP redevelopment 1, Failsworth) I will refrain from singing the praises of those involved until the details of the redevelopment are revealed in full and work is well under way on the new stand.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

I don't doubt his good intentions. Never have done.

I'd question delivery though. We've moved from being a bankrupt club with 4 stands with a belief that we could make the Championship to being a potless club with three stands and a belief that League One survival is a good season. I suspect TTA woukd privately agree that they've not exactly met their own objectives for the football club.

I think SC acknowledged that when he said about how he would like to be remembered i.e. nice and tried to do a lot, but not the smartest or richest.

+100%

The total money they have invested in the club is in the region of 16 million!!

...and done considerably less than rock-all. Just sayin'

90 houses on the BP site? Have they already got buyers for these houses because if not who in their right mind would want to buy a house next to a stadium thats going to be a building site for the next 10 years. I know i would'nt.

The point many seem to be missing. I bet Hill is bleeding livid.