best mobile phone website for live scores, tables etc

what's a good mobile phone website for live scores, tables etc?

I use the sportinglife website on my desktop which doesn't look too bad on my Kindle's browser (free 3G :)), but a websites designed for mobiles will probable load faster and be easier to navigate.

Also OWTB is passable on it but is there a mobile version of of it?

I would have posted on the techi forum but it seems to have disappeared.

There is indeed an excellent mobile version of OWTB. Does your phone not find it automatically?

As for individual live scores, the BBC website has a good mobile version of the live text for Oldham:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/mobile/bbc_sport/football/teams/32/commentary/index.html

General live scores? Not sure. There's a free LiveScores app (livescore.com) that's pretty good, but doesn't do lineups.

Edited by Crusoe

probably not what youre looking for but anyone with a sky sports subscription and a decent smartphone should really get sky go up and running. I'm quite amazed by the quality of the video streaming over 3g especially, so to have all the sports channels live on my phone is fantastic for me (but not my work) :grin:

I have a lot of problems using OWTB on my HTC. I can log in an view the forum no problem, but of late, everytime I have tried to post something I get an error message telling me I do have permission to view the forum and it asks me to save the data and reload the page, which I do, only to get the same thing happening again, and again, and again. Which is really annoying, especially when you wanna comment on something while you are at the match!

As for live scores etc - I have always found you can't fault the good old bbc website

I have a lot of problems using OWTB on my HTC. I can log in an view the forum no problem, but of late, everytime I have tried to post something I get an error message telling me I do have permission to view the forum and it asks me to save the data and reload the page, which I do, only to get the same thing happening again, and again, and again. Which is really annoying, especially when you wanna comment on something while you are at the match!

As for live scores etc - I have always found you can't fault the good old bbc website

Yeah my blackberry doesn't seem to like OWTB - i get loads of error messages cos it doesn't seem to be able to figure out whether i'm logged in or not. I just ignore the messages now and try the link again until it works.

I prefer the bbc site to sky as well, seems easier to navigate. I sometimes have to disable images when it's slow loading though.

• 2 weeks later...

There is indeed an excellent mobile version of OWTB. Does your phone not find it automatically?

As for individual live scores, the BBC website has a good mobile version of the live text for Oldham:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/mobile/bbc_sport/football/teams/32/commentary/index.html

General live scores? Not sure. There's a free LiveScores app (livescore.com) that's pretty good, but doesn't do lineups.

the owtb site doesnt seem to recognise my kindle as a mobile device. i just get the desktop version. can someone type out the mobile owtb url.

thanks for the bbc mobile site tip it works well for me.

what's a good mobile phone website for live scores, tables etc?

I use the sportinglife website on my desktop which doesn't look too bad on my Kindle's browser (free 3G :)), but a websites designed for mobiles will probable load faster and be easier to navigate.

Also OWTB is passable on it but is there a mobile version of of it?

I would have posted on the techi forum but it seems to have disappeared.

Just get an iphone, Sky Sports Scores App, Latics FL App (with vide interviews and highlights £12.99 per year) and of course the OWTB smartphone app (through IPB…I know people are divided in either loving or loathing apple but I haven't yet come across a more fookwit proof platform. My brother in law has a Blackberry and it is :censored:e in terms of user friendliness in comparison...

Edited by oafcprozac

Just get an iphone, Sky Sports Scores App, Latics FL App (with vide interviews and highlights £12.99 per year) and of course the OWTB smartphone app (through IPB…I know people are divided in either loving or loathing apple but I haven't yet come across a more fookwit proof platform. My brother in law has a Blackberry and it is :censored:e in terms of user friendliness in comparison...

I don't understand this paying for apps when on a 10" netbook you can access Sky/BBC websites and a multitude of others for free using Windows 7.

Edited by BP1960

I don't understand this paying for apps when on a 10" netbook you can access Sky/BBC websites and a multitude of others for free using Windows 7.

Horses for Courses, isn't it?

I use my phone for some things and my laptop for others...

Can you fit a 10" netbook in your trouser pocket? The FL app for iPhone knocks spots off Sky Sports Score Centre if you just want scores, teams and stats - plus you get news, interviews and highlights for £12.99 a year.

I gave up Sky Mobile because everything they said about Murdoch turned out to be true.

Thanks for the suggestion.

all i need now is the url of this site for mobile devices that don't automatics

ally go to it.

So, here i am stuck on this holiday paradise island of Cyprus with only my kindle, blazing sunshine, an excellrnt free 3G signal and the Mrs for company. But I still don't know the url of the Mobilr version of OWTB.

I suppose I'll just have to stuggle on with the desktop versiion unless someone takes pity on me anr posts the url.