Is this how other teams see us.

Oldham tomorrow

« Thread Started Today at 10:37am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we all expecting the same as last season V Oldham? A game against a nasty, niggly team who are going to do their best to kick us off the park?

I fancy us tbh, think with Robinson and Miller in there they can boss the game, think Kay wont take any slaver and also Novak and Elbows will put themselves about. Might be us doing the bullying this time!

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=60279#ixzz1WnDbU2c0

From memory last season we played them off the park at home and it was only their goalie ( inspired performance) that kept it to 1.0. When we played them away in February I can remember us playing 442 and playing pretty well.

I wouldnt have said we were that dirty.

Oldham tomorrow

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are we all expecting the same as last season V Oldham? A game against a nasty, niggly team who are going to do their best to kick us off the park?

I fancy us tbh, think with Robinson and Miller in there they can boss the game, think Kay wont take any slaver and also Novak and Elbows will put themselves about. Might be us doing the bullying this time!

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=60279#ixzz1WnDbU2c0

From memory last season we played them off the park at home and it was only their goalie ( inspired performance) that kept it to 1.0. When we played them away in February I can remember us playing 442 and playing pretty well.

you're always going to get opposition fans who talk through rose-tinted spectacles

Oldham tomorrow

That first half against them at home was as well as we'd played for a long time, can't remember a Latics home match with that good a reception as they went up the tunnel for HT.

Second game we ground out a result and the wheels came well and truely off pretty soon after.

Think the whole 'dirty' thing wore a bit thin last year, we were expected to be that because of Dickov, lost count of the number of times other teams said that about us.. Not many noticed that for the first 4 months of the season we were a very decent side.

We were oustanding at home last season Morias ripped them to pieces his best game in a latics shirt.

I cant remember them having a shot on target, Brill kept 2 clean sheets against them says a lot, they just hit the long ball to afobe and lee and mvoto and hazell mopped it up all day long

The season before the game was played on a sunday lunch time in terrible conditions, we were woeful im pretty sure they were that much better then and we did have penny in charge enough said

Now lets focus on tomorrow

Considering they’re supposed to be a phenomenal footballing side: The game at their place last season can probably be summed up by Hazell and Lee elbowing each other for 90 minutes

A tad harsh on Reuben H there Rog; but i agree with the sentiment. Scappy game overseen by an incompetent referee.

Alan Lee's "performance" at the Gayfarm last season was without doubt the single worst by a professional footballer I have ever seen. The guy dived, dived & dived again time and again; elbowed his way through our defence and was chasing after the ref to moan & whinge after every perceived injustice he felt he was on the end of. Shocking showing from him; and it's probably the most wound up a player has made me get in all my years of watching Latics. The fact I was sat so far away from the pitch saved him from the sort of vitriolic outbust that wives & kids shouldn't hear. Thank god he was subbed off as I was about to expolde with rage.

If he's only a fraction as bad tomorrow he's still going to get some serious ear-bashing from me; when he'll be able to hear every word!!

I disagree with the thread on DATM. From memory you outplayed us at your place last season, you marked both of our wingers out of the game and exposed our soft centre. We resorted to hoofball and got nowhere... You kept it simple in the main, but put together some decent moves when you were on the attack and Bennett kept us in the game.

At our place I can't remember much as it was an instantly forgettable game! I remember we were getting pretty annoyed at the ref, then right on half time one of your defenders pulled down Lee as we broke down the wing and should have been off... that doesn't mean you were dirty or niggly though, just one incident that I remember from the whole 90-odd minutes!

I disagree with the thread on DATM. From memory you outplayed us at your place last season, you marked both of our wingers out of the game and exposed our soft centre. We resorted to hoofball and got nowhere... You kept it simple in the main, but put together some decent moves when you were on the attack and Bennett kept us in the game.

At our place I can't remember much as it was an instantly forgettable game! I remember we were getting pretty annoyed at the ref, then right on half time one of your defenders pulled down Lee as we broke down the wing and should have been off... that doesn't mean you were dirty or niggly though, just one incident that I remember from the whole 90-odd minutes!

Remember that was Hazell. Your guy was making a run into the box for a cross/pull back. Hazell just hauled him down.

I remember Reuben Reid standing on the ball when faced with an open net.

I have to agree with you about both games, although can't remember the Lee incident. Hopefully the game will have action than the last one, I heard Smithies is injured has he ever played against us? Always seems to be missing when we meet.

Alan Lee in falling over after minimal contact shocker. :wink:

decent summary of the games though. The BP game was the best we played bar the Notts County game IMO, and the one at the Gayfarm was just a poor game all round; ruined by a muppet of a referee.