Latics v Stevenage

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee looked mighty uncomfortable at left back.

But our biggest problem is how the midfield four completely fail on two counts:

1) They don't press the opposition midfield hard enough.

2) They don't conect with the front two.

Not being funny, but what's the point of a midfield if they don't do those things?

Not being funny, but what's the point of a midfield if they don't do those things?

I have to agree - our midfield contributed very little to the game - totally outplayed & out-thought but in saying that, the opposition didn't fare much better in converting posession to chances. Neither goalie had much to do and the referee was probably the niggliest one I've seen at BP for quite some time - too many times he stopped play when he could have let the game flow and, worst still (from a Latics perspective), dismissing two good shouts for penalties.

All in all a pretty miserable game - but at least it wasn't a category A game so saved a few quid on entrance fee.

One of the worst games of football ever!

Winchester is not a right midfielder, nor a rightback (nor a footballer full stop on that performance)

Kuqi is not the type of player i thought he was (didnt win a header or hold the ball up at all) but at least he knows where the goal is!

Taylor.... Is he still ill?

They are all lightweight, and to compound it he adds another lightweight in Simpson to the squad.

One of the worst games of football ever!

Winchester is not a right midfielder, nor a rightback (nor a footballer full stop on that performance)

Kuqi is not the type of player i thought he was (didnt win a header or hold the ball up at all) but at least he knows where the goal is!

Taylor.... Is he still ill?

He can't run or beat man, looks like there is something wrong with his physical condition, if so are the management prepared to let this carry on ?

Picked his best 11 avaiable and tried to make them fit, didn't work we had no width. Taylor & Winchester below par. The latter will learn but I'm worried that Taylor is being found out more and more. No point playing Reid & Kuqi with no decent service.