Latics v Stevenage

I thought the game was :censored:. First half was better than the second but still bad. I thought it would improve second half especially after the arguing but how much wronger could I be.

Winchester was the worst for me, didn't have a clue today, Taylor needs to try doing something different cos people read him like a book, Cisak needs to try and hurry up when where not winning and M'Voto, he is nothing compared to when he was on loan. Maybe Dickov should tell him to buck up or he will be cancelling his contract. Poor poor poor performance.

On the upside, I think Clarke is a top defender and gets M'votos place any day.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the game was :censored:. First half was better than the second but still bad. I thought it would improve second half especially after the arguing but how much wronger could I be.

Winchester was the worst for me, didn't have a clue today, Taylor needs to try doing something different cos people read him like a book, Cisak needs to try and hurry up when where not winning and M'Voto, he is nothing compared to when he was on loan. Maybe Dickov should tell him to buck up or he will be cancelling his contract. Poor poor poor performance.

On the upside, I think Clarke is a top defender and gets M'votos place any day.

two very bad teams....one very bad ref....cant blame the wind conditions on that performance..there back four were built like brick :censored:houses,so the constant hoofing of the ball upto our strikers was pointless....but yet we persisted with it...

if we had got in down on the deck we might have done better...

defense...crap and switch off to easily...midfield....well we havent got one have we...totally devoid of skill pace ideas class or anything resembling footballers...strikers cant score if there not given anything to go on...

ref spoiled an already crap game with utter ludicrous decisions...

we need someone in midfield who is going to stop play with a foot on the ball,then pick a pass to one of our players...

long hard frustratin season in store...not sure i can be arsed for much longer...if the team wont put the effort in why should i...

From the very unbiased commentary on Latics World, it sounded like we were bullied in midfield (and the ref was bad).

Playing three natural central midfielders seemed a bit strange, when Mellor could have come in for Morais.

I think we need a Darren Sheridan-type midfielder who won't be bullied.

I don't think Wesolowski is that kind of player and Winchester certainly isn't. Yard Dogs they ain't.....

two very bad teams....one very bad ref....cant blame the wind conditions on that performance..there back four were built like brick :censored:houses,so the constant hoofing of the ball upto our strikers was pointless....but yet we persisted with it...

if we had got in down on the deck we might have done better...

defense...crap and switch off to easily...midfield....well we havent got one have we...totally devoid of skill pace ideas class or anything resembling footballers...strikers cant score if there not given anything to go on...

ref spoiled an already crap game with utter ludicrous decisions...

we need someone in midfield who is going to stop play with a foot on the ball,then pick a pass to one of our players...

long hard frustratin season in store...not sure i can be arsed for much longer...if the team wont put the effort in why should i...

Jeez was it that bad!? Living close to london I was going to make the visit to leyton orient next saturday but not sure now!

I was expecting an awful game having heard of stevenage's reputation but they were in my opinion an absolute disgrace. Is this the way that the 'modern'game is now played? constant fouls,shirt tugging,holding,pushing slowing the play CONSTANTLY, goalkeeper with not a rush in him and don't get me started on that t*at of a manager westley. Because the ref was new,young and VERY weak (he lost the plot i.m.o)they got away with all of the above. Add to the pot an Oldham side with key players short on confidence/form/skill (choose one/all!) and it made for me the most frustrating game of football? i've seen in a long long time.

The two bright lights for me were Nathan Clarke who looked like he gave a :censored: and Tom Adeyemi who was the only latics midfielder with any bite and will to win the ball - just a shame that there was no-one to pass to!

From the very unbiased commentary on Latics World, it sounded like we were bullied in midfield (and the ref was bad).

Playing three natural central midfielders seemed a bit strange, when Mellor could have come in for Morais.

I think we need a Darren Sheridan-type midfielder who won't be bullied.

I don't think Wesolowski is that kind of player and Winchester certainly isn't. Yard Dogs they ain't.....

I disagree that we were bullied and I also disagree with you on wesolowski not being a yard dog he would go in for 50 50 with a train without blinking, if he's not a yard dog what is he? We had a big physical side out today infact the starting lineup must have had at least 7 players over 6 foot and we came up against a big physical one aswell.

What we really lacked today was quality on the ball missing morais and furman had an impact today. We just didnt get the ball down and pass it and create anything. Also putting Keiran Lee at Left back limited his attacking threat it was crying out for mellor to come on at left back and switch lee to right back, it would have given us some added width. If you have 2 strikers who have no pace but are 6ft 2 and 6ft 6 respectiely surely you want to get crosses into them.

I disagree that we were bullied and I also disagree with you on wesolowski not being a yard dog he would go in for 50 50 with a train without blinking, if he's not a yard dog what is he? We had a big physical side out today infact the starting lineup must have had at least 7 players over 6 foot and we came up against a big physical one aswell.

Fair enough - I was only going off what Roy and Gordon said in their commentary.

I haven't worked Wesolowski out yet. Saw him against Yeovil (where he seemed to play the sort of Stephens role, knocking it about and trying to make things happen), Huddersfield (game seemed to pass him by a bit) and Colchester (they were all crap). What I would say is I've yet to really see him grab a game by the scruff of it's neck and control the midfield.

With regards the tactics, it seemed Dickov tried unsuccessfully to match Stevenage's style, rather than play our own game. We played alright against Huddersfield, so surely a Mellor for Morais straight swap might have meant we had more creativity in midfield?

What we really lacked today was quality on the ball missing morais and furman had an impact today. We just didnt get the ball down and pass it and create anything. Also putting Keiran Lee at Left back limited his attacking threat it was crying out for mellor to come on at left back and switch lee to right back, it would have given us some added width. If you have 2 strikers who have no pace but are 6ft 2 and 6ft 6 respectiely surely you want to get crosses into them.

lets face the facts we are a below average :censored: league 1 side,i have been to bp since 1986,and today i brought my 6 year old son who i would love to be a true latics fan,but when 95% of his school are city or utd,, and after today he was board :censored:less,its hard trying to convince the younger ones to be true blue,what a bag of :censored: today.........

With regards the tactics, it seemed Dickov tried unsuccessfully to match Stevenage's style, rather than play our own game. We played alright against Huddersfield, so surely a Mellor for Morais straight swap might have meant we had more creativity in midfield?

Mellor should of played today at left-back. Lee's one of our better players so bit silly (in my opinion) to move him to a position he isn't comfortable in, when on the bench we had a player who would of been a better choice for LB as it's his on his natural foot and would of give us more of a balance and more of an attacking threat down both the right and left wings.

lets face the facts we are a below average :censored: league 1 side,i have been to bp since 1986,and today i brought my 6 year old son who i would love to be a true latics fan,but when 95% of his school are city or utd,, and after today he was board :censored:less,its hard trying to convince the younger ones to be true blue,what a bag of :censored: today.........

He's 6 years old. Most kids his age just want to run up and down at the front of the stand. If he sat on a seat and faced in the general direction of the pitch then he's doing ok!

Fair enough - I was only going off what Roy and Gordon said in their commentary.

I haven't worked Wesolowski out yet. Saw him against Yeovil (where he seemed to play the sort of Stephens role, knocking it about and trying to make things happen), Huddersfield (game seemed to pass him by a bit) and Colchester (they were all crap). What I would say is I've yet to really see him grab a game by the scruff of it's neck and control the midfield.

Sometimes strange how we see players differently I wee Wes as a ball winner who will sit infront of the back four and give them protection he doesnt really pull the strings like Stephens did if anything his passing is quite poor.

I agree with you on Mellor was amazed to not see him brought on if not in midfield then atleast at left back may have offered us something different.

Big mistakes by our manager today cost us! Did anyone notice the tactics for their goal left the man in the middle at the back totally free to run forward & set up the goal!

The other big mistake was Winchester today, he was awful in both positions, today was crying out out for a natural left sider like Mellor!

There was some positives today but not many! They were crap but we weren't much better!!!!

Mellor should of played today at left-back. Lee's one of our better players so bit silly (in my opinion) to move him to a position he isn't comfortable in, when on the bench we had a player who would of been a better choice for LB as it's his on his natural foot and would of give us more of a balance and more of an attacking threat down both the right and left wings.

I aint worried just yet, yesterday was poor but we havent been able play our strongest 11, however, Taylor hs been passenger for the last year and to me warrents a rest om the bench.

Its only fair ot judge PD when everyone is available, I assume his 11 would be,

Ciask

Lee

Diallo

Diamond

Clarke

Furman

Adeyemi

Parker

Morais

Kuqi

Reid

That teaam is quicker and more of a threat going forward, and in my opionion would have picked up 3 points yesterday.

Interesting omission of Taylor there Lukers.

By the way, was there a hint of handball on their first goal? The guy on the edge of the box seemed to miscontrol it and bring it down with his hand. (May be a trick of the TV coverage - inconclusive).

I didnt notice the handball O4U but the defence was let off just two mins before they scored when Ciask had to pull out a save, it seemed the defence was alseep.

Currently Taylor flatters to decieve, he was awol against Hudds and in my own opinion has gone backwards. As a wide left player you really have to beat your man and whip in across, I cant remember when he last did that, he certainly has lost half a yard of pace. Thats why I think PD brought Parker in, from what I saw that kid has bundles of pace and will cause any full back problems.

The squad is strong and we need Furman back asap just to organise and do the simple things well, definaltely a mid table finish.

I didnt notice the handball O4U but the defence was let off just two mins before they scored when Ciask had to pull out a save

I thought at the time (from my view in the mainstand) that cisak should have caught that instead of punching it. Cant remember if that would have prevented the corner or not??

What a depressing lot, we must be crap because we couldn't beat a team who have only lost once this season. We are crap because we created nothing, aprat from Smith's and M'Voto's chances to name just two. Two chances I'll add that they should have scored, also we had at least 1 nailed on pen that was turned down. I'm sick of the blantant negativity because of a below average perfromance against a side set up to bully and defend, there were two poor players in that game; Taylor and Winchester. Reid looked good again, they were lucky to have 11 on the field after 1 of their lads brought Kuqi when he was through in on goal. Smith not only put his header over but had another chance from out wide, they created a few chances that on another day they would scored. Yes the match was boring it to come on here make out the players are crap just because we were unlcuky not to beat a side that will are hard to beat. In the past we would have lost that game, how about people take a chill pill and instead of finding nothing but negatives find the positives. Life becomes a lot brighter when you do that.

What a depressing lot, we must be crap because we couldn't beat a team who have only lost once this season. We are crap because we created nothing, aprat from Smith's and M'Voto's chances to name just two. Two chances I'll add that they should have scored, also we had at least 1 nailed on pen that was turned down. I'm sick of the blantant negativity because of a below average perfromance against a side set up to bully and defend, there were two poor players in that game; Taylor and Winchester. Reid looked good again, they were lucky to have 11 on the field after 1 of their lads brought Kuqi when he was through in on goal. Smith not only put his header over but had another chance from out wide, they created a few chances that on another day they would scored. Yes the match was boring it to come on here make out the players are crap just because we were unlcuky not to beat a side that will are hard to beat. In the past we would have lost that game, how about people take a chill pill and instead of finding nothing but negatives find the positives. Life becomes a lot brighter when you do that.

Your post has just made me feel alot worse.

Cisak - decent game but was really winding me up with his lack of urgency over kicks in the last few minutes when we should have been pushing for the win

Clarke - decent game

Diamond - did OK but shouldn't be losing it like he did as captain.

M'Voto - half decent but looks dodgy

Lee - not a left back

Winchester - his worst game. Looks a good player in the making but what's his position? Does he or PD even know?

Taylor - i'm tempted to say being dropped might do him some good but he did make the goal.

Wesolowski - his worst game in a game that should have seen him in his element as a battling ball winner

Adeyemi - didn't do much wrong but didn't do much at all

Reid - his first poor game since Sheff Utd. he needs one to go in off his arse I think then the floodgates will open

Kuqi - scored again. going to be a great player for us.

Smith - did well, but should have scored with that header.

Simpson - not much to go on. unlucky with the free kick, thought it was in for a second.

An awful game, they got the draw they came for and will do so at a lot of places this season.

I still think we'll go up :grin::lol: