M'Voto Vs Clarke

Myself, I'd have Diallo Diamond Clarke Lee as my back four. I feel M'Voto has no place in the team at the minute and hasn't warranted one for a few games now so I was wondering what most people think of his performances and wonder wether people want him in the starting 11 next game!!

It's M'Voto vs Diamond for me, with Diamond on Blackpool beach where he belongs….awful player…conceded one goal in two games with Clarke and M'Voto as the preferred partnership. I bet there was less brainless hoofing too. There's clearing your lines and not having a fooking clue, well the big jock comes into that bracket. Our Jock based Latics fans are so far being proved right about him.

Edited by oafcprozac

I'm not a Diamond fan either, he is willing to put his body on the line for the cause but I don't see what else he brings. With Clarke you get the long throws as well and M'voto was one of our better players yesterday so Diamond is on the bench and we need to hand someone else the armband.

It's M'Voto vs Diamond for me, with Diamond on Blackpool beach where he belongs….awful player…conceded one goal in two games with Clarke and M'Voto as the preferred partnership. I bet there was less brainless hoofing too. There's clearing your lines and not having a fooking clue, well the big jock comes into that bracket. Our Jock based Latics fans are so far being proved right about him.

Utter drivel, balls.

M'Voto has been awful all season, and was shocking yet again yesterday. His level of play is so sub-standard, it makes me wonder if we've actually signed a different player to the one we had on loan last season. He looks 3 or 4 yards slower; both in pace and in thought. His distribution is so poor when he has the ball at his feet. The were 2 glaring examples yesterday; one when he mindlessly hoofed it straight out of play from a free-kick from near the half-way line and one when he couldnt find Diamond from a bloody simple 4 yard pass from a throw-in. Dont even get me started on his tumble after getting his feet all wrong on the edge of our area. He won few headers he went for too. Diamond is having to cover for him, end of.

This is no witch-hunt from me - just as far as I can see it; Big Jean needs o be dropped; as simply his performances havent merited a starting spot.

The back 4 was wrong from KO yesterday, and when PD had a chance to sort it out; he made the wrong changes.

On current form, the line-up has to be:

Diallo - Diamond - Clarke - Lee.

Utter drivel, balls.

M'Voto has been awful all season, and was shocking yet again yesterday. His level of play is so sub-standard, it makes me wonder if we've actually signed a different player to the one we had on loan last season. He looks 3 or 4 yards slower; both in pace and in thought. His distribution is so poor when he has the ball at his feet. The were 2 glaring examples yesterday; one when he mindlessly hoofed it straight out of play from a free-kick from near the half-way line and one when he couldnt find Diamond from a bloody simple 4 yard pass from a throw-in. Dont even get me started on his tumble after getting his feet all wrong on the edge of our area. He won few headers he went for too. Diamond is having to cover for him, end of.

This is no witch-hunt from me - just as far as I can see it; Big Jean needs o be dropped; as simply his performances havent merited a starting spot.

The back 4 was wrong from KO yesterday, and when PD had a chance to sort it out; he made the wrong changes.

I totally agree!

While Diamond does actually worry me a little, on this seasons form Mvoto deserves to be dropped.

We all know what a decent player Mvoto is but on this form he is resembling a pub player at the minute.

Utter drivel, balls.

M'Voto has steadily improved, Diamond after an iffy start has gone down hill and already needs a kick up the arse. Yes, M'Voto like last season started the season slowly but he was MOM for me against Hudds and since Hudds has looked more like his old self in the two games I've seen since. I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

M'Voto has steadily improved, Diamond after an iffy start has gone down hill and already needs a kick up the arse. Yes, M'Voto like last season started the season slowly but he was MOM for me against Hudds and since Hudds has looked more like his old self in the two games I've seen since. I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

Jesus! I realy hope more of our fans disagree with you than agree. M'voto was the worst player on the field yesterday. No question for me, M'voto should definately be the one sat on the bench next week

I'm with Mr. Prozac on this one. Mvoto is in my view regaining last seasons form and I thought he saved us a couple of times against Hudders. He does look short of confidence at the moment but at the end of the day he is our player and Clarke isn't. We should show some loyalty to our own. I'd drop Clarke for a few games and go with Diallo Mvoto Diamond and Lee. (Or Black for Diallo when fit). It's all about opinions this footy lark isn't it!

And get off Dickovs back! He too is improving with experience and I can't see any sense in slagging him off or abusing him from the touch line.

I'm with Mr. Prozac on this one. Mvoto is in my view regaining last seasons form and I thought he saved us a couple of times against Hudders. He does look short of confidence at the moment but at the end of the day he is our player and Clarke isn't. We should show some loyalty to our own. I'd drop Clarke for a few games and go with Diallo Mvoto Diamond and Lee. (Or Black for Diallo when fit). It's all about opinions this footy lark isn't it!

And get off Dickovs back! He too is improving with experience and I can't see any sense in slagging him off or abusing him from the touch line.

That's an adirable sentiment, but it's also very clear to me that on current form, Clarke is easily the best of the 3 at the moment, and dropping him would be cutting off our noses to spite our faces.

M'Voto had a poor game on Saturday but I'm far form sold on Diamond. I just don't see what he brings to the party?

Lee Clarke M'Voto Diallo for me, and give Clarke the armband in the meantime.

Utter drivel, balls.

100% spot on.

Up there for player of the season last year, this year he's head and shoulders the worst.

He's lost a few yards, forgot how to head a ball, and just can't do the simple things...like pass four yards. Nope, he's a liability. A lumbering donkey who's reminding more and more of Lord Kangana by the game.

Drop him for his own sake.

100% spot on.

Up there for player of the season last year, this year he's head and shoulders the worst.

He's lost a few yards, forgot how to head a ball, and just can't do the simple things...like pass four yards. Nope, he's a liability. A lumbering donkey who's reminding more and more of Lord Kangana by the game.

Drop him for his own sake.

Mvoto has never really gelled with either Diamond or Clarke, maybe he prefers a quicker centre back alongside him who can cover when he's exposed by pace. Unfortunately Latics haven't got this type of player on the books so will have to make do an mend.

Mvoto has never really gelled with either Diamond or Clarke, maybe he prefers a quicker centre back alongside him who can cover when he's exposed by pace. Unfortunately Latics haven't got this type of player on the books so will have to make do an mend.

It's one thing gelling but it's another thing being completely incapable of heading and passing.

<br />It's one thing gelling but it's another thing being completely incapable of heading and passing.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Ha! This is true! Back 4 picks itself at the moment, Diallo, Clarke Diamond and Lee. Diamond has been covering Jeans arse all season so far! Clarke has been stand out in recent games. Jean wasn't the worst player on Saturday though he did get in the way, I wont go as far as saying he won headers though as the number cleanly taken were minimal.

Against Hudds, I thought Diamond and M'voto just about got away with it on many an occasion and just about saved themselves with last ditch tackles that wouldn't have been required if they'd defended properly in the first place.

I can't believe James Tarkowski hasn't had a single mention in this thread...

Against Hudds, I thought Diamond and M'voto just about got away with it on many an occasion and just about saved themselves with last ditch tackles that wouldn't have been required if they'd defended properly in the first place.

I can't believe James Tarkowski hasn't had a single mention in this thread...

No point in talking about a player who is injured/ineligible I suppose. Once fit I'm sure he'll be back in contention.

That said, he's another one who looks like he's running through treacle.

Edit - typo

Edited by danoafc

No point in talking about a player who is injured/ineligible I suppose. Once fit I'm sure he'll be back in contention.

That said, he's another one who looks like he's running through treacle.

Edit - typo

Tarky's been in the squad for the last five games, Dan.

Tarky's been in the squad for the last five games, Dan.

On the bench or in the squad?

Just had a look. On the bench for Walsall and Hudds (neither of which I went to). I certainly hadn't seen him warming up during games etc.

I can only pressume that PD doesn't think he's fit enough yet for inclusion?