Regionalisation

This is a complete no brainer for me. Yes there will be some jiggery pokery depending on who comes into/falls out of this tier, but given the woeful state of most club's finances it beggars belief that it hasnt been done already.

Just goes to show that football governing bodies are a useless, set of *****

This is a complete no brainer for me. Yes there will be some jiggery pokery depending on who comes into/falls out of this tier, but given the woeful state of most club's finances it beggars belief that it hasnt been done already.

Just goes to show that football governing bodies are a useless, set of *****

Because it didnt work 60 years ago, and won't work today.

:censored: idea. I'd never see us.

From a selfish point of view I'd be a bit happier with this now that I'm living a bit further north! I could get to a decent amount of midland games (and some slightly further up country) from that list and there are quite a few South-Eastern teams in the other half.

If we do the double over Exeter this year so I can gain family bragging rights indefinitely then I'll be all for it! ^_^

Instead of regionalising League 1 and 2 why don't the clubs get their finances in order and stop being held to ransom by greedy players demanding huge sums of money.

Spend what you earn.

Quite agree. Wages is a bigger expense than travel and accommodation.

From what I can gather, £30k a year seems to be the typical sort of contract a Latics first teamer can expect to earn now, with one or two exceptions. It's still a hell of a lot more than the average punter who pays to watch them will be on, but a hell of a lot less than new signings will have been on just a couple of years back.

To pinch a cliche, supporting regionalisation of the lower leagues shows absolutely no ambition.

Completely against it.

It will happen when there's a 2 tier Premiership that are we no part of and we're playing amateur regionalised football against Wrexham and Barrow on a weekly basis..

To me would just be a massive step to securing our long term future in no mans land, massively against but unfortunately can see it being forced upon us.

Its a crap idea. As macca says it wont address the financial problems in the slightest. Even if it did increase crowds and cut costs the money would just flow through to the players and agents. If every clubs income doubled would latics have the same wage bill? We'd have some seriously :censored: players if we did.

I think it would make things considerably worse, including the standard of football, and increase the quality gap between the championship and this league.

And I think as a competition it would be far less exciting, as we would be limited to only two teams going up and down in the north and south divisions, and that is assuming the championship agrees to increasing the number of relegated clubs to four.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

In isolation, it makes sense to cut costs. But i'm not sure on the effect of the rest of the game. It would make football look more amateur and probably would be a step closer to becoming so.

Indeed. It would be a step towards clubs like us becoming amateur at best and disappearing altogether at worst.

I'd leave it as it is. It's swings and roundabouts how the division pans out each season.

Last season was very southern orientated, but with the promotions and relegations, this time we have more than our fair share of 'local' games

And the gate for the rochdale 'derby' was hardly impressive. Get a winning team on the pitch playing attractive football and gates will steadily increase.

Because it didnt work 60 years ago, and won't work today.

What was the reason it failed and was scrapped? I have no idea. On paper it doesn't seem that bad of an idea - reduced costs / more supporters etc and the difference in standard between the bottom two divisions is not that much for me.

It wouldn't increase crowds, though, not on a whole. Look at the Rochdale game, and given the fact that it would mean there more games for fans to fork out on the average would stay the same. It would also cause a huge culture shock when promotion is attained, and clubs would be right back down. After playing in just the north the budget wouldn't be there for the trips down south, and it wouldn't take long before we become part-time. Keep it how it is and reregulate the TV money, I will never know why the FA agree to keep the Premier League and Football League seperate.