Back to the 80's

guys these are now in stock!

both online and at the Boundary Park store!

limited stock!

Got mine, well pleased. Lees like Chris Moore is in the past, first ever kit I saw us in and something really special for those of us in our mid-30s. I've got the 60s and the 70s shirts, but this one feels the real deal in terms of retro and is very good quality, exactly what you expect from Toffs.

getcha missus to at bed time ?

Hmmm, interesting!

Around 94/95 I pulled a girl and we went home and did the nasty, she must have got cold in the night and grabbed the first piece of clothing at hand which was a Latics shirt, I woke up with her back to me and the first thing I saw was a mop of dark hair cascading over the collar of a Latics shirt. My first thought was "I've slept with Nicky Banger!", still scars me to this day.

Hmmm, interesting!

Around 94/95 I pulled a girl and we went home and did the nasty, she must have got cold in the night and grabbed the first piece of clothing at hand which was a Latics shirt, I woke up with her back to me and the first thing I saw was a mop of dark hair cascading over the collar of a Latics shirt. My first thought was "I've slept with Nicky Banger!", still scars me to this day.

:lol:

Hmmm, interesting!

Haha, genius.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, interesting!

The disappointment of realising it wasn’t Nicky Banger would have been too much for me to bear too.

What's your beef with J.W. Lees?

If you are not aware of the 'Stop the Rot' campaign (Don't put your mouth where their money is until they put their money where you heart is!), I refer you to Steve Ragg's excellent article in 'When Saturday Comes'.

WSC

When J.W. Lees sold the Clayton Arms to TTA, the plan was for the Club to run it until it had to be demolished to facitate the redevelopment of the Chaddy End. TTA had a prospective landlord lined-up to run it for them, but when it was found JWL had taken out all the fixtures and fittings, including the kitchen sink, the plan was aborted as uneconomic*.

A lot of water under the bridge since then, but I still can't bring myself to line the pockets of J.W. Lees.

*Hindsight shows it would have been economic, in the light of the failed redevelopment plans.