New Stand

Lancs are throwing up their new stand(s) in a matter of months...

http://www.lccc.co.uk/otsite.php?p=news&id=4550

That red hospitality box (The Point?) is possibly the most horrendous piece of cricket ground development ever seen on the planet.

Old Trafford has become a disgrace in a very short space of time.

Lancs are throwing up their new stand(s) in a matter of months...

http://www.lccc.co.uk/otsite.php?p=news&id=4550

They have the requisite planning permission . We don't as detailed plans haven't been submitted - possibly because the funding details aren't sorted.

Once Detailed PP is given building work can be relatively quick or relatively slow. E.g. some new houses are up in weeks others take months.

Apparently we have not just been given money by the coucil to build a new stand (as I thought).

We were promised money that would match any investment found by the club. (eg: someone pledges £1m, the council will match it).

This is news to me. I thought the Council had agreed, subject to valuation, to buy the Lancaster Club site in Failsworth from the Two Amigos, and make a £700,000 “one-off” grant to allow Latics to continue its work in the community, which the Council acknowledged is of great value to the town.

When was this matching of private investment with public money to redevelop BP announced? :shock:

That red hospitality box (The Point?) is possibly the most horrendous piece of cricket ground development ever seen on the planet.

Old Trafford has become a disgrace in a very short space of time.

It's grown on me since I first saw it and when the other similar ones go up it will look much better I think. At the moment it sticks out but when the rest of the ground is done I think it will look great.

Plus the inside of it is bloody impressive.

l_new-old-trafford-web.jpg

Looks great to me. Oddly enough the thing that sticks out the most on that artists rending is the temporary stand between the point and media/players stand. That will look very strange when there is nothing there during county games, could get a bit windy...

Edited by joncurtis199

This is news to me. I thought the Council had agreed, subject to valuation, to buy the Lancaster Club site in Failsworth from the Two Amigos, and make a £700,000 “one-off” grant to allow Latics to continue its work in the community, which the Council acknowledged is of great value to the town.

When was this matching of private investment with public money to redevelop BP announced? :shock:

I dont think it has been officially announced, as far as I am aware.

A guy (always claims to be in the know, but I am never 100% convinced because he is always half pissed) who sits near me in the main stand told me about a month or so ago and I started a thread on it to see if others had heard the same and it appeared it was quite common knowledge to my disappointment.

Having said that it makes sense!!! No signs of demolition starting yet!!! No announcement from the club!!!

If you think about it, with everything that has happened in the past, if the council said here is the money to buy a stand (if it was that simple) work would have already commenced already before they changed their mind AGAIN!!!!!

No signs of demolition starting yet!!!

Err ... ok.

if the council said here is the money to buy a stand (if it was that simple) work would have already commenced

Ok, the football club has NIL.

The council has promised a grant of c£800k.

The Football Foundation can probably be tapped for c£750k.

A typical stand with all the necessary facilities replacing what we have in the current mainstand, along with a decent capactiy (5k?) and other faciltiies to generate income on non-matchdays? £5m+ would be my guess.

So we're £3.5m short as I see it.

Anyone got any ideas where / who it's coming from?

... I started a thread on it to see if others had heard the same and it appeared it was quite common knowledge to my disappointment.

Having said that it makes sense!!!

I can't believe that the Council is prepared to match any private investment, and effectively pay 50% of the redevelopment cost.

I can't believe that the Council is prepared to match any private investment, and effectively pay 50% of the redevelopment cost.

Up to £5.7m IIRC???

Cant see it happening (although I would be over the moon if it did)!

I am trying to keep positive about it, and I am sure SC and AH are trying their best to find investors but just cant see it happening.............. I mean who is going to come in and say there's £2.5 million as a gift for a new stand???

Err ... ok.

Ok, the football club has NIL.

The council has promised a grant of c£800k.

The Football Foundation can probably be tapped for c£750k.

A typical stand with all the necessary facilities replacing what we have in the current mainstand, along with a decent capactiy (5k?) and other faciltiies to generate income on non-matchdays? £5m+ would be my guess.

So we're £3.5m short as I see it.

Anyone got any ideas where / who it's coming from?

I am not normally one to criticise him, but I think its time Barry Owen (voice of the fans) gave a true update of what is occuring!

Edited by lancy lad

What if there is nothing to be updated on?

Aye, once there is something to be updated on, am sure the club will come out and say. Am guessing the club will say something once we have secured some investors, and would then announce a fans forum or something to get some more ideas, or have some designs ready and see what the fans think of the designs and consider any advice.

They have the requisite planning permission . We don't as detailed plans haven't been submitted - possibly because the funding details aren't sorted.

Once Detailed PP is given building work can be relatively quick or relatively slow. E.g. some new houses are up in weeks others take months.

I know. But two 3500 seat stands, a media centre and the new dressing rooms etcetera in around six months? impressive.

Also, the point has grown on me too. but I await a fielder getting smashed in the face after losing the flight of the ball in the background...

Fair play in terms of when building will start, but I think a heads up wouldn't go amiss about who will pay for a new stand!

dont think thats going to happen

but considering all the hype surrounding the announcement and subsequent ruling on the land etc..then i think the least the club should do is just update periodically,whether its just,were still sounding out investors,were looking over stadium designs,or at this moment in time there is nothing new to tell...

maybe there pinning there hopes on doing well in the jpt and hoping the extra revenue and that helps it along