Divorced before I am Married!

75 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Go on the honeymoon miss the game?
    • Cut short the honeymoon and live with the wife telling everyone you ruined the honeymoon?
    • Dont get Married go to the game and spend the wedding money on beer after winning the JPT
    • Take the wife to the game go on a honeymoon but later.

Right, the Mrs came to the game tonight and all holy hell has broken out now because the JPT final is in the middle of our honeymoon!!!

I have told her how much It means to me to see the team run out at wembley and have a chance to win something but apparently in order to have a wedding she has to mean more to me than the JPT???

I am Confused :blink:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Nothing is more important than the JPT.

Apart from the Lancashire Senior Cup.

I said if it was the rose bowl cup vs the dale I would miss that but its not good enough, joking apart she is really upset lol

I am positive I am not going to miss this game.

Its got stupid now though she even asked me if she was to die would I still go to wembley?

When I said it depended on what day her funeral was I got the evil eye and shes not speaking to me now lol

I said if it was the rose bowl cup vs the dale I would miss that but its not good enough, joking apart she is really upset lol

I am positive I am not going to miss this game.

Its got stupid now though she even asked me if she was to die would I still go to wembley?

When I said it depended on what day her funeral was I got the evil eye and shes not speaking to me now lol

Tell her you'll take her on a shopping trip in London if she let's you postpone the honeymoon so you can see Latics at Wembley!

Stupid time to book a wedding.

Can you make a trip to London part of the honeymoon? Posh hotel, good food, see the sites .... Buck House, Palace of Westminster, London Eye, Wembley Stadium including a match, West End show, Leicester Square cinema .... then on the plane to somewhere special.

She doesn't understand you. Having said that wtf are you doing booking a wedding in March?!!

Its a Friday don't worry I wouldn't book it on a Saturday! My argument for that was nobody would turn up and my season ticket wouldn't be as good enough value for money lol

Can you make a trip to London part of the honeymoon? Posh hotel, good food, see the sites .... Buck House, Palace of Westminster, London Eye, Wembley Stadium including a match, West End show, Leicester Square cinema .... then on the plane to somewhere special.

I am pretty sure this is the way forward, I like the sound of that everyone's a winner then.

I will update you as to the negotiations

Its a Friday don't worry I wouldn't book it on a Saturday! My argument for that was nobody would turn up and my season ticket wouldn't be as good enough value for money lol

To be honest your goose is pretty much cooked. She won't be quick to forgive and her mother will slowly crucify you for the rest of your life. Your only hope is that she writes off your car or something so you have something to 'haggle' over.

What O4U says makes great sense and would be a perfect compromise - but then most women aren't about compromise, and just have this ridiculous gossip magazine style utopian idea of what marriage should be like. You'll be missing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity (in all probability) and could easily fit it in with honeymoon plans.

Does she realise how much you'll appreciate her even more if she goes with it?? Does she realise how much it means to you???

Don't forget the long game. Say you give in.

She knew your love of Latics right?

And that love preceded here, and that lover hangs around like some fitter than her ex girlfriend.

Your betrayal will be bought up at every single opportunity.

So get ready for every trick in the book to be unleashed.

An pressure from her friends.

And those friends pressure on your mates.

You're gonna have worse and harder negotiations, this is just a bit of practice starter!

Be a man my son, lose this battle and she'll whip your sorry every day of your life together :wink:

Watching latics at Wembley in something as :censored: as JPT is more depressing to me than anything....

Seeing Latics run out a Wembley only means something if it's in something that means something.,,.

Go on the honeymoon and get a ticket for Liverpool...

Edited by oafc0000

I'm going to say it before someone else does- how fit is your misses? If the answer is very take one for the team and go on honey-moon.

My more serious suggestion is to change your honey-moon destination to somewhere more special which can only be reached from London and book the first flight after 7pm (at the earliest) on the Sunday.

I'm going to say it before someone else does- how fit is your misses? If the answer is very take one for the team and go on honey-moon.

My more serious suggestion is to change your honey-moon destination to somewhere more special which can only be reached from London and book the first flight after 7pm (at the earliest) on the Sunday.

Make that after eight or nine. Listen to the doctor.

I don't think a straight poll is going to help here. Probably best if everyone qualifies their answers with their current marital status and the total number of trips made to Relate.

Very true!

Although picking up on rude medics point maybe we should have a pic and poll of his Missis to qualify our advice too!

Just kidding

PS Missus om iPhone spell checker defaults to mississippi!!'

Edited by singe

Have a weekend in London. Meal and show Friday night.

Game Saturday. Night in the west end with the mrs Saturday.

Shopping Sunday.

Then go on a Honeymoon.

Your weekend in London will revolve completely around the Mrs other than the Saturday afternoon. She'll be alright with that.

If she isn't you're marrying the wrong girl.

Did she enjoy it on Tuesday? She might be up for Wembley anyway!

If Latics get to Wembley and you dont go because of your new wife then you from that point on in life you are a sad shadow of a man with a huge big thumb print on top of your head. Do you want to spend your life doing exactly what someone else tells you to do even if it means missing out on stuff that is extremely important to you?

Stand up! Be a man!

And while I'm at it....what's the point of getting married anyway?